Best Diablo 3 Class

I think the monk is being overhyped, but we'll see. Personally I've basically already played every class in the game by having played other games (and previous diablo titles), so I know they will all feel great and work in a unique way, though I expect there to be more barbs and wizards than anything.
    The strong must rule if we are to survive.
    Quote from Kodachii

I think the monk is being overhyped, but we'll see. Personally I've basically already played every class in the game by having played other games (and previous diablo titles), so I know they will all feel great and work in a unique way, though I expect there to be more barbs and wizards than anything.

I'm completely not being a dick, but I can tell you right meow that the classes in D3 do NOT feel like any other classes I've played before. MAYBE the barb + wiz, but even then it's different than you'd think =D
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    Quote from Snaks42

Quote from Kodachii

I'm completely not being a dick, but I can tell you right meow that the classes in D3 do NOT feel like any other classes I've played before. MAYBE the barb + wiz, but even then it's different than you'd think =D

same. the WD feels so different then anything. its a combination of a summoning druid fire druid and poison necro all in one at the same time.and the demon hunter is like the assassin and amazon mixed as well. they may feel SIMILAR to other classes but they are definitely unique
    "once the pretty hardcore gamers we had testing inferno found it fairly difficult, we then we doubled it" -trolololol jay wilson
    barb or WD - lots of heals and aoe dmg
    I think the Wizard will be. It will splash out a large amount of damage and I can imagine it to have a large amount of CC so if played by a skilled player, and played well then it can be the best class by far! Although monk doesn't look too shabby either.

What do you guys think?
    There probably won't be a 'best' class overall. Some classes will be better at doing certain things while others are better at doing other things. If a class seems OP Blizzard will probably nerf it to the ground. In the end the best class will probably be the one you enjoy playing the most.
    For PvP, I would vote for wizard and demon hunter.
    These two classes are like mage and rogue, blizzard will always keep them as elite PvP classes.
    Best class? U play the game m8? We dont know yet...
    Well when I made that post I was thinking more towards streamlined end game pvp builds as that's just my thing. My first impression of the witch doctor is that it's similar to the warlock in wow if not the necromancer in d2, in that it has dots, one of which iirc siphons life and can kind of phase out to another location to survive, along with but not limited to a few choices in pets.

You're right though I need to play the game and feel them all out, and luckily due to this sick ongoing contest I'm now able to.
    The strong must rule if we are to survive.
    Quote from GladHeHasBeta

as ive said on like 5 other threads the Witch Doctor will easily be the best class overall. he has insane PVE and PVP capabilities. he has THE most CC / defensive spells in the game out of all 5 classes and still has awesome damage capabilites. lower damage than the wizard but WAYYYY higher defensive capabilities which will be key in surviving in inferno.

Quote from GladHeHasBeta

Quote from Snaks42

Quote from Kodachii

same. the WD feels so different then anything. its a combination of a summoning druid fire druid and poison necro all in one at the same time.and the demon hunter is like the assassin and amazon mixed as well. they may feel SIMILAR to other classes but they are definitely unique

Definitely going to try a Witch Doctor probably :) sounds cool.
    There is no "best" class in generally speaking! But then again it does not matter in general what is best, what it matters is for every and each of us what do we like and what makes us tick.

I personaly like the monk just like i do martial arts. And i like daemon hunter cos of the spell efects. I think everybody likes something and thats the choice.
    I think that the best class is Greaver's avatar.
    My vote is for the WD, merely because I think it will be the easiet to get through Hell and into Inferno. With 6 meatshields, how can you go wrong?
    One is never hurt by being given additional choices, only by taking them away.
    A QUADRILLION MAGIC FIND is worthless if you can't kill shit!
    I think the wizard will be the best class. At least i will play the wizard first, i liked the Sorc in D2.

But from what i have seen from the beta, the Whitch Doctor is very strong :dh: . I think the WD will be my 2. Char :)
    I'm not even sure why we need a thread for this, it's clearly the Barbarian. 'nuff said.
    Bashiok - Blizzard Representative - 08/01/2011 -"So how many skill combinations are there now? Well taking into account 6 active skills, all the rune combinations, and 3 passives we currently expect each class to have roughly 2,285,814,795,264 different build combinations."

"Hey, I thought you'd like the witty irony of grub-on-glowie violence!"
    The Barbarian, definitely. Why? Because I'm gonna play one :)

On a more serious note, though. I think every class will be best at one aspect of the game. But I don't think one class will rule over everyone else.
    The best diablo III class ? ; the Monk , because you are dead , but you don't know this yet. :D

Fist of the North Star FTW ! exploding palm seems to be the funniest skill of the game haha > this > :boom:

More seriously , i hope all classes will be viable in Inferno , because if only 1 or 2 class were able to solo this mode, well... you see what is happening next.
    You know Blizzard... It is always Mages and Wizards :) I'm talking with experience here!
    Best class in my opinion would be the Witch Doctor as he seems to be the most interesting spell wise and lore wise and I've always loved the necromancer-esque classes in every game. Although I haven't played the beta so can't really say much about attack animations but so far the Barbarians attack has really impressed me. Wizard seems really lame and the spells doesn't feel that special but I can see how they're interesting to some. Demon Hunter was interesting when I first saw him but he's just turned more uninteresting over time. I always forget the Monk but it will probably be the second character I play, with the Witch Doctor being the first one ofcourse!
    I'll be starting off with an ultra-survivability barb (or perhaps I should call him a neo-ironbarb ^^) for play through in co-op with my friend. I'll also be trying out a melee wizard as my off-character utilising diamond skin, hydra, wave of force, teleport etc.

I'm certain that every class will offer up something special at some point. I'm looking forward to trying them all out to be honest! The diversity of the skills system will mean that every character will be unique and totally replayable anyway.

In terms of lore I feel the Demon Hunter has the poorest background story and the cheesiest voiceover acting. On a purely aesthetic note I think that the female model is terribly over-sexualised and could do with some work. The Witch Doctor on the other hand feels fresh and engaging.. besides, who doesn't want to vomit waves of toads at people? :)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes