Diablo fans needs a rant forum!

There just needs to be some place where people can go, segregated from the topics that are actually trying to accomplish something and go off on their own little tangent without bugging others.

Like right now. I know it's just the usual. I know its not a huge deal, but for the millionth time the freaking maintenance is going WELL over the announced time. And when do they decide to tell us? 4 minutes before its supposed to be up.... SURE... GREAT.... I mean seriously, why, in the freaking world can't they just build in 'OMGWTFIMSOGLADWEHADABUFFER' time into the estimates to begin with? Why SO OFTEN do they have to just suprise us with extra unplanned down time when they clearly have a history of going over already?!...

As I said earlier, I know this is silly, and vain, pointless, and really shouldn't matter. But for the love of freaking god when I read that down time extension message I felt like I just hit the shrine of +41230% nerd rage of bloody disbowelment and happy cannibalism. I wanted to feast on the guts of every freaking tech orchestrating the maintenance and crap it all out in the shape of a giant middle freaking finger!....

Anyway... Rant over... New forum? :D
    www.diablorant.com :)
    I'm just happy to see someone ranting about WANTING to log in and being unable due to maintenance as opposed to the other junky ranting we get about how Jay Wilson is heading up a group of secret ninja-pirate-manbearpigs who sneak around in the middle of the night to rape our grandmothers and garrote our newborns so that we will use the RMAH more.
    p438 :: 90.5k EK :: 2.50m TK
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)
    Quote from shaggy

manbearpigs

I now like you.
    Quote from shaggy

I'm just happy to see someone ranting about WANTING to log in and being unable due to maintenance as opposed to the other junky ranting we get about how Jay Wilson is heading up a group of secret ninja-pirate-manbearpigs who sneak around in the middle of the night to rape our grandmothers and garrote our newborns so that we will use the RMAH more.

Now THATS funny!
    I see the line in the sand.
    Time to find out who I am.
    Looking back to see where I stand.
    Evolution.

BNet Tag: Evolution85#1878
    Quote from shaggy

Very very beautifully done, :-) That gets a serious Massacre bonus.

OP, I would love a rant forum. Mainly because I think a rant forum would not only encapsulate the bursts of rage people feel, but also the insanely long walls of text people put up, and WANT to put up. It would just make it easier to identify what a visitor wants to see out of this particular forum.

In regard to Shaggy's comment...in all seriousness, I feel a major shift happening here. The expansion, the proposed system updates like Loot 2.0 and Paragon 2.0, many of the datamined previews, and the AH shutdown...it just feels like the community is feeling so much better about the future of this game, and genuinely getting REexicted for the possibilities like they did at launch. I don't go to the official site forums much anymore, though I mainly see it in the Facebook comments. Normally, anything the Diablo Facebook page posts gets bombarded with hate comments, and ignorance, etc. Lately, so many more people are showing support for the game, instead of just posting the same dumb crap all the time about D2 and POE.

It'll be nice to be able to actually get to a point where we can all just talk about the game, and discuss our approaches and favorite things, etc., not to have 1) endlessly defend it to critics or 2) discuss what could improve. :-D
    Pre AH-shutdown Transcendence/Spirit Regen build, used only found and crafted gear and gems, could handle MP7.
    Maybe we can have an official /rant thread in general discussions forum.. maybe it can be a sticky...
    You could have a rule in the thread that you are never allowed to reply to someone's rant.. only post your own rant for whatever it is..
    Quote from CheehC

Maybe we can have an official /rant thread in general discussions forum.. maybe it can be a sticky...
    You could have a rule in the thread that you are never allowed to reply to someone's rant.. only post your own rant for whatever it is..

We had not one, not two, but about hundreds of /rant threads several months ago. I don't mind the change, to be honest... sooner or later the rants will come back, anyways ;-)
    We used to have a sidebar on the New content page with "Status Updates" that you could comment on. Those were pretty good for ranting without having to bother others with a whole new thread.
    Quote from maka

Quote from shaggy

manbearpigs

I now like you.

Al Gore approves this message.

We used to have a sidebar on the New content page with "Status Updates" that you could comment on. Those were pretty good for ranting without having to bother others with a whole new thread.

Yeah, what happened to that?
    Quote from CardinalMDM

Lately, so many more people are showing support for the game, instead of just posting the same dumb crap all the time about D2 and POE.

That's because the millions who were dissapointed with the last couple of years finally got sick of whining and waiting and just left.
    The extremely large "community" that loved (and loves) D2 is basically gone, and the minority that doesn't see D3 as a flaming train wreck remains. Which is probably a win-win for both groups.

The weak console sales and relatively very slow forums, like this one, reflect this. I don't think we'll be seeing any confetti parade "fastest sale ever" news blurbs about the expansion, for that matter, unless they find a way to tie it into WoW subs.

In the bigger picture, the genre itself has been pretty well driven into the ground. No one is particularly excited about anything in the ARPG space at the moment, and this most recent generation didn't have a single title that really filled the gap left by D2, or even came close.
    Quote from Gheed2010

Quote from CardinalMDM

Lately, so many more people are showing support for the game, instead of just posting the same dumb crap all the time about D2 and POE.

That's because the millions who were dissapointed with the last couple of years finally got sick of whining and waiting and just left.
    The extremely large "community" that loved (and loves) D2 is basically gone, and the minority that doesn't see D3 as a flaming train wreck remains. Which is probably a win-win for both groups.

Most will be back. I guarantee it.
    I see the line in the sand.
    Time to find out who I am.
    Looking back to see where I stand.
    Evolution.

BNet Tag: Evolution85#1878
    Well, if you guarantee it.....
    Quote from shaggy

f**k that loser
    Quote from maka

Yeah, what happened to that?

It disappeared, but you can still make status updates by going to your profile. Problem is no one sees it without going to your profile ....
    Not even Death will save you from Diablo Bunny's Cuteness!

Not a bad idea if you ask me.
    :ph34r:
    Yes, we need a rant forum definitely but this also requires all these whining idiots to actually post there. Does one seriously expect that these idiots are able to do so?

Bandyto#2350
    EU
    I tought this is the reason we have official forums - so people can rant. At least that is what they look like.
    Quote from Gheed2010

Quote from CardinalMDM

The weak console sales and relatively very slow forums, like this one, reflect this. I don't think we'll be seeing any confetti parade "fastest sale ever" news blurbs about the expansion, for that matter, unless they find a way to tie it into WoW subs.

In the bigger picture, the genre itself has been pretty well driven into the ground. No one is particularly excited about anything in the ARPG space at the moment, and this most recent generation didn't have a single title that really filled the gap left by D2, or even came close.

No. It's because every announced thing about RoS sounds awesome (also AH Removal) and people have hope that D3 will finally be a worthy successor to D2.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes