BlizzConline - Diablo IV: What's Next?
The Diablo: What's Next panel is where members of the Diablo development team discuss the latest content coming to Sanctuary! This panel focused on information for Diablo IV.
- The panel started with the Rogue trailer for Diablo IV.
- Rogues can use Swords/Daggers, and Bows/Crossbows
- We got a better look at character creation/customization.
- Rogues get three different specializations
- Shadow Realm, Combo Points, Exploit Weakness
- Rogues can imbue their attacks with different elements like poison or frost.
- Different regions will provide different looking armor and weapons.
- Chill builds up to a full freeze over time.
- Rogues are extremely mobile.
- More classes will come in the future.
- Having an open world in Diablo IV allows the team to figure out how the world fits together better.
- There are many mounts to collect in the game.
- Mounts have customization options, like changing horseshoes to increase the speed of your mount.
- The team didn't want people fighting on mounts, so dismount skills are what help bridge the gap between being mounted and being in combat.
- If you are attacked while mounted, you will be dismounted.
- Camps are strongholds of evil in the overworld.
- Monsters have moved into abandoned places left behind after the reapers killed countless people in Reaper of Souls.
- Camps are permanent fixtures in the world. When defeated, it becomes a town and waypoint for the player.
- Defeated camps open up new activities to complete in that region of the game world.
- The ability to jump over chasms or up/down elevation has been added
- There are PvP areas called Fields of Hatred which are optional.
- Collect shards of hatred from doing content in the fields.
- Purifying the shards will turn them into a usable currency.
- Players and monsters can interrupt players who are purifying shards.
- Players who kill a lot of other players will have a bounty placed on them.
- Ears are a trophy that can be collected through PvP.