Quote from Mackie
Nether tentacle rune being reverted back to what it once was prior to patch 1.0.3 could be an amazing step towards DH being a much better class, imo.
First, this ^. The only way to heal a DH through damage from a lot of packs right now is to pop SP:Gloom and hit with some big AoE on the groups (such as Grenades or Bola).
Speaking of Demon Hunter:
1. Entangling Shot, Bola Shot, Hungering Arrow, and Grenades need damage buffs. Hungering arrow should receive the most buff since it is a single target skill (for the most part).
2. Imaple is not worth using anymore, since there are other abilities that do much more damage for less hatred. They need to buff the damage tremendously since, like HA, it's mostly a single target ability.
3. Caltrops are pretty good for the most part. I would like to see a rune that increases the radius of the trap. (Maybe combine it with "Bait the Trap."
4. Smoke Screen needs a duration increase for it to be more effective. I think the baseline needs to be taken to 2 seconds. Get rid of Breathe Deep and replace it with a rune that lets you move through walls and mobs, but reduces the duration to 1-1.5 seconds.
5. Gloom is the only good rune for Shadow Power. This whole skill would have to be redesigned to make it interesting again.
6. Rapid fire is good now. Don't touch it.
7. Chakram: Shuriken Cloud needs to do more damage. I would double the damage on it.
8. Ball Lightning needs a damage buff. Nether Tentacles need to able to hit multiple times.
9. Vault: Rattling Roll needs a larger impact radius.
10. Preparation: Invigoration needs to have the duration increased.
11. Companion: Wolf needs a damage buff to make it competitve with the other companion benefits. Ferrets need a gold find buff to make them worth losing the other utilities, such as hatred regen on bat.
12. Marked for Death is good.
13. Evasive Fire is bad. I don't even know how I would fix this to where I would want to use it.
14. Fan of Knives needs a cooldown reduction.
15. Spike Trap: Sticky Trap needs to explode regardless of death, but do less damage than if death occurs. Lightning Rod needs to hit all enemies within 20 yards.
16. Strafe needs a damage buff to make it competitive with WW. Demolition's Grenades need a larger blast radius (16 yards).
17. Multi-shot cost too much hatred for the damage. It needs a buff or a hatred reduction. (300% weapon damage or 15 baseline hatred.) Fire at will resource cost needs to be lowered, if a hatred reduction is performed. Full Broadside would need to scale with changes too.
18. Cluster Arrow needs a huge buff, but I wouldn't reduce the hatred cost on it. All runes for it need a buff.
19. Rain of Vengeance is good.
20. Hungering Arrow: Cinder Arrow needs a buff on the burn.
21. Brooding needs another buff.
22. Archery needs to switch the perks for Crossbow and Hand Crossbow.
23. Sharpshooter needs a buff to the crit chance to make it worth it now that Crit hit chance is so easy to get.
24. Ballistics needs a big buff to make any skill with rockets worth it. Or, better yet, remove Ballistics and bake it into the rocket damage on those runes. Replace it with "Situation Awareness: If there are 3 or more enemies within 8 yds, then you do 30% more damage" or "Situation Awareness: If there are 3 or more enemies within 8 yds, then your cooldowns are reduced by 50%."
Finally, let me put whatever skill I want in a slot. If I want two different versions of cluster arrows, then let me use two different versions of cluster arrows. This goes for any class/skill.
I'll get around to Barbarians if I have time.