Monster Density Patch Note Clarification

Reminder: Ray of Frost Also to Receive Buff, Quality Over Quantity, Blue Posts, Fan Creation of the Week: The Art of Crimson-Nemesis

Monster Density Patch Note Clarification
    The PTR Patch Notes Update from a day ago raised some questions because of the vagueness on density changes for certain zones. Since the zones were not mentioned, Blizzard clarified a few minutes ago which zones in particular are getting changes and what kind of changes exactly.

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

In the latest PTR patch notes for build 16033, we noted that "certain areas in Act I and Act II have received further adjustments to Monster Density." We've seen some players ask what zones this change applies to, so here's a bit more information.

Zones that are bolded received a straight-up buff to their density.
    Zones that are italicized were slightly nerfed.
    All other zones had monster spawns adjusted to make them feel more "clumpy."

Act I:
    • The Lyceum
    • Cave of the Moon Clan Level 1
    • Weeping Hollow
    • Cathedral Level 1
    • Cathedral Level 2
    • Leoric’s Hunting Grounds
    • Whimsyshire
    Act II:
    • Realm of Shadow
    • Dahlgur Oasis
    • Vile Cavern
    • The Storm Halls
    • The Unknown Depths
    • The Eastern Channel
    • The Western Channel
    Thank you to everyone who's posted about the density changes so far; your feedback is incredibly appreciated. We're still fine tuning monster density across all Acts, so please be sure to keep sharing your thoughts and experiences from the PTR. :)
    No information on Act 4? :/
    I AIN'T HAD NO SHOES OR NOTHIN' JESUS.

I'm curious about this "clumpy" change.

As in, more groups and fewer stragglers.

it means spread the enemies out instead of clump of enemies then nothing then another clump etc.
    When do these changes go live on the PTR? Still getting 300mil per hr even after downloading "newest" patch inside Shadow. Maybe it will go live in a few days?
    "Get busy living or get busy dieing.."

Twitch.tv: twitch.tv/mehsiah | Youtube/Twitter in the future.

When do these changes go live on the PTR? Still getting 300mil per hr even after downloading "newest" patch inside Shadow. Maybe it will go live in a few days?
    300mil per hour of what? if you don't mind me asking?
    Bashiok - Blizzard Representative - 08/01/2011 -"So how many skill combinations are there now? Well taking into account 6 active skills, all the rune combinations, and 3 passives we currently expect each class to have roughly 2,285,814,795,264 different build combinations."

"Hey, I thought you'd like the witty irony of grub-on-glowie violence!"
    They said "all acts", does that mean act 3 as well?
    Vile Caverns is nice! Everybody, including my friends and I, was avoiding the entrance when someone found it. Feels so much better!

I did a run of Shadow Realm last night and still got over 300mil xp per hour.
    "Get busy living or get busy dieing.."

Twitch.tv: twitch.tv/mehsiah | Youtube/Twitter in the future.

I did a run of Shadow Realm last night and still got over 300mil xp per hour.
    Oh yes, I guess they must not have nerfed their xp yet!
    Bashiok - Blizzard Representative - 08/01/2011 -"So how many skill combinations are there now? Well taking into account 6 active skills, all the rune combinations, and 3 passives we currently expect each class to have roughly 2,285,814,795,264 different build combinations."

"Hey, I thought you'd like the witty irony of grub-on-glowie violence!"
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes