New patch, major let down.

Quote from Zero(pS)

I'm pretty happy with it. My break of a couple months paid off :P I'm really excited about D3 again.

Same here. I took the last 6-7 weeks off in anticipation of this, to avoid burnout.

I'm very happy with the introduction of dueling. So much potential here (with Diablo 3), we just need to be patient. Been playing all day in preparation.

I was hoping to see a 'no-pick-up' feature and/or an 'ID all' feature. :QQ:
    Quote from overneathe

Quote from Litheum

Quote from overneathe

Let's get something out of the way. How much money do you guys think are Blizzard getting out of the RMAH?

With the fastest selling PC game of all time, and items for sale that effect in-game power, I bet it is more than any other non-MMO game on the market. It would have to be.....

Actually, let me restate that, I bet it is more than any other non-subscription game on the market.....to include MMOs.

I would never consider buying cosmetic items on GW2 or DOTA2.....but I have bought an item in D3.
    I'm sure if you compare, they make more than those games.

Don't bet, tell me an estimation. People say "no one plays this game anymore", yet the RMAH profits are "more than any other non-subscription game on the market.....to include MMOs".

Give me an estimation.

Name another game with a RMAH to compete with D3 for that title.
    Quote from ruksak

Quote from Zero(pS)

I'm pretty happy with it. My break of a couple months paid off :P I'm really excited about D3 again.

Same here. I took the last 6-7 weeks off in anticipation of this, to avoid burnout.

I'm very happy with the introduction of dueling. So much potential here (with Diablo 3), we just need to be patient. Been playing all day in preparation.

I'd love an "ID all" or "auto ID" feature, even if just for rares.

I'm fine with the patch preview so far. There's still a lot of information that is pending and it hasn't even hit the PTR so I think it's a bit early to be declaring the patch as a major failure.
    Wizard DPS and EHP Spreadsheet, mostly useful for wizards.
    Crusader DPS and EHP Spreadsheet, meant for Crusaders
    My Wizard
    Quote from Loroese

Quote from ruksak

Quote from Zero(pS)

I'd love an "ID all" or "auto ID" feature, even if just for rares.

I'm fine with the patch preview so far. There's still a lot of information that is pending and it hasn't even hit the PTR so I think it's a bit early to be declaring the patch as a major failure.

Well said.

Any news is good news. I'm glad to see major sweeping changes every 3 months or so. Looking back, they're doing well to mold this thing fairly well.
    I'm happy with the new patch. :Thumbs Up:

Monks get a boost, I just got mine going again after being inactive for quite a while.

More crafting, the custom Amulet sounds pretty appealing to me.

I really like the increase in bonus experience, sometimes I feel like I'll be 100 years old by the time I hit Paragon 100, not anymore.

The arena things sounds interesting, I suspect others will use it quite a bit.
    I didn't bother to read all the responses in this thread as I saw a trend after the first half of the page.

Why is everyone always expecting HUGE game changing patches every time? The game is not bad by any means. Everyone that has posted here I'm sure has 400+ hours of play time on at least 1 character, meaning you more than got your monies worth for the $60 (or possibly $10, or free for WoW sub) that you paid for the game. Anyone that played any blizz game from release should know not to complain this much. D2 was not nearly this good at release, or even for months after release. It wasn't until LoD was released that D2 got to be as good as everyone remembers. The fact that Blizz has put as much time and effort into this game without asking for anything other than the original purchase is pretty exceptional.

If you want a huge change the next time you play, STOP PLAYING and come back after a few patches. Simple right? Stop your bitching, play a different game if you're that let down by the patch, and surely you'll be back when you see there's something that piques your interest in a future patch.
    Quote from KalikooJack

Quote from maka

Quote from KalikooJack

I am happy with patch. Tens of hours new things to do in game for free. Thats the same amount that most games last TOTAL.

I agree there are some loot problems and other problems too, but game is getting better. Some of the problems would require actions that affect current gear too much -> only option to do is in expansion.

Why? They messed with AS on items when the game was live. You can't un-ring that bell.

The problem is that this patch, while adding 'something', doesn't solve the fundamental problems of the game.

I think AS was a bit radical as it affected peoples gear quite a bit, but I think at that time people had not invested as much money as now. I have my idea in my head how to fix items and item affixes and I hope blizzard have some ideas too. But, if they´re gonna fix it, they better do it right way at once. And I think at that point it is not a right move, even though fix is needed. :/

IAS is *still* a very powerful stat for most players, even post-nerf.

The only difference, which is exactly what the blues tried to tell us back then, is that IAS won't be the sole determining factor in what is a good item versus what is a bad item.

People who spend money on the RMAH know that stats may change in value at any time, just the same as people who buy on the GAH. Hell, even people who don't use any AH, still know that they're making gearing decisions based on stats which could change tomorrow. It's how the game works. It's not a big deal. It never was a big deal. It was only something drummed up by psychotic people who needed a reason to nerdrage.

I like most of the changes here. Plagued getting a buff is long overdue. Molten getting another nerf is long overdue.

Now, for the love of God, please give us more monster affixes!

The "major" changes that people are looking for take time. They are not going to fix itemization even in a few months. That is a long-term solution. Of course it's not in 1.0.7. That doesn't mean it's not happening, though. I guarantee it's on Blizzard's radar along with another skill pass.
    p427 :: 89.1k EK :: 2.47m TK
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)
    Quote from Bearbarian

RMAH or no RMAH, no one is still giving me numbers. I'm very curious. :)

Ha. Bagstone.

Aside from adjusting exp bonus from mp level, i see no reason this needs a PTR. Sounds like blizzard should be cutting some more paychecks if we're gonna be doing their work for them.
    Quote from Litheum

Not sure about anybody else, but I feel completely let down by the new patch.

Dueling:
    They added dueling, cool. Only issue I have with this is you can't just turn it on in a public game. They could have easily just made a hostile flag for your character, so when your waiting for your friends, or at the end of the run you just turn it on and fight each other. If you don't turn your flag on, you dont die, so not sure why we need a whole new zone to keep characters safe. New zone does look pretty fun though......

Craft Recipes:
    Again they added a very short-sighted answer to adding new content. Farming recipes is a reason to farm bosses, great! But once you get that recipe, that content dies. And you will never return, just like the A4 recipe, it was easy to get, you got it, and never returned to A4. This will give a month or 2 of farming bosses, then everyone will be back in A3.

Crafting mats: More incentive to farm A3 at max efficiency.

New Gems: More incentive to farm A3, 20 million gold plus the gold you spent on your 3 RS gems.

New gear effects: The high price and time investment means this only increases the need for only 1 high-powered character to run A3 with to further improve that character. It gives no incentive at all to have more then 1 character. Especially since they gave no reason to make gear with vitality (it's still all about super-farming with high-dps mains). So this amounts to running A3 endlessly and along the way having a chance for a new item. If its anything like Hellfires, they will just end up sitting in your bank unused. Especially for high-end characters with good items in those slots already.

Things that the developers made no attempt to change:
    99% of rare drops are vendor trash (actually made this worse w/ the crafted recipes in the few slots rares still had potential)
    Way too many rares overall, meaning only legendaries and recipes are worth picking up for high-tier players
    AH is still the best way to gear alts and even your main until you get lucky with a recipe.
    No incentive whatsoever for more than 1 charcter.
    No reason to farm anything but A3. (Other than to get your recipes, once you get it, no reason to do it again)
    Still favors MP0-2 farming meaning less diversity in gear choices, we will continue to just increase DPS stats.
    No end-game content, End-game = A3.
    No items are leaving the economy.

At the end of the day, the only change they made (outside of duels) is along your perpetual A3 runs, you will get some mats you can use to forge a new item. Most of these will end up in your bank rotting.

So far, I see no reason for me to come back at this time.

Farming for hours upon hours to get a recipe doesn't make sense, why would that be fun? The 'farming' part of the new recipes is getting the demonic essences. This IS new added content that'l give players more incentive to farm, which is a good thing.

A whole new area to duel? That's badass! It's a good compromise while we wait for anything more team deathmatch related. This is also a good change.

I'm not sure what your rager is with act 3. I farm perfectly well on acts 1 and 2 and arguably run into as many champ packs.

New gems don't have a downside. It's on you that all you want to do is farm act 3.

I don't need 'incentive' to make a new character, because the difference in abilities and playstyle alone deem it worth my time to make another character. Again this is a personal flaw, not a game design flaw.

These new BoA items will have a chance (minus special legendary effects) to be better then other items just because of the 6 affix roll + the chance for a higher roll in main stat. So no, high end characters will still be able to use the new items.

Of COURSE 99% of items are garbage. Do some quick math in your head; Thousands of players or more play each day farming. If anything good had more then a 1% chance of dropping (non BoA that is) then it'l flood the economy, AH or not. Not sure what the complaint is here.

Did you not play D1 or D2? Your character will always get a point where you only pick up the highest tiered items. Again, please explain this complaint to me.

Many threads have come out disproving mp 0-2 farming as the best MP. With the chance to drop extra items on higher MP, Blizzard has done a very good job at balancing MP for item farming, no matter which you pick.

No end game content? It's diablo. End game = Dueling, item farming, key / organ farming, and ubers.

Many items are leaving the economy with salvaging / vendoring. Only the top % of items stay, and again, this is called diablo, that how things go.

TLDR; OP, you're being a baby.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    Quote from overneathe

Quote from Bearbarian

Okay, I bet they have made ~30-50mil US dollars. Surprise, I have no idea whats the truth, just guessing. That number is every RMAHs included. :)
    I honestly only expected this patch to contain 1v1 dueling and some minor class changes, so the preview is a pleasant surprise for me.

4-man free for all! Whaaaat!
    Quote from KalikooJack

Okay, I bet they have made ~30-50mil US dollars. Surprise, I have no idea whats the truth, just guessing. That number is every RMAHs included. :)

Any calculations that went into that? :)

Ha. Bagstone.

Quote from overneathe

Quote from KalikooJack

Any calculations that went into that? :)

Actually just pulled it out of my ass, but I can try to calculate a bit. :) If there are any errors in math or how RMAH fees are, please point them out.

Well, I estimate that out of 15 mil sold copies 1/10 has bought something from RMAH. Then what would be the average amount of items those people have purchased? 5 sounds reasonable (1 dollar per item). Then again 1/10 of 15mil have also bought gold/gems for average of 75 dollars of which bliz takes 15% cut. If players cash out money, there is some secret 15% cut which blizzard takes (I guess) 5[%] and paypal 10[%]. Not all items are cashouts but I guess 4/5 of all sold items are. Average item value that has sold is probably close to a 10$.

So,

Items: 15mil / 10 * 5 * 1$ = 7,5mil$.
    gold/gems etc: 15mil / 10 * 75$ * 0,15 = 16,875mil$.
    cashout: 15mil / 10 * 4 * 10$ * 0,05 = 3 mil$.

Total: 27,375mil$.

EDIT: calculations are missing cashouted commodities. So 75 dollars 4/5 is cashouted of which bliz takes 5% cut.
    15mil / 10 * 75$ * 4 / 5 * 0,05 = 4,5mil$.

Total: 31,875mil$.
    hi
    i am quite satisfied with the patch... remember pls, this is not WoW. you bought the game - if you get a lot more over time (which we got), it's not that common.
    i actually like it, though it's not perfect (what is ever?), until they do the monk fixed i would like to see ;)
    teamdeathmatch should have been just implemented - if it's boring, we could just not play it ;) i'd just like to "smash faces with friends" ;) but i dont think pvp is really what diablo is about.

let's see the patchnotes :) i'm not playing much but i dont plan to stop.
    Quote from overneathe

Quote from Litheum

Quote from overneathe

Let's get something out of the way. How much money do you guys think are Blizzard getting out of the RMAH?

With the fastest selling PC game of all time, and items for sale that effect in-game power, I bet it is more than any other non-MMO game on the market. It would have to be.....

Actually, let me restate that, I bet it is more than any other non-subscription game on the market.....to include MMOs.

I would never consider buying cosmetic items on GW2 or DOTA2.....but I have bought an item in D3.
    I'm sure if you compare, they make more than those games.

Don't bet, tell me an estimation. People say "no one plays this game anymore", yet the RMAH profits are "more than any other non-subscription game on the market.....to include MMOs".

Give me an estimation.

It's completely impossible to even guess, with absolutely no information on current users over the life of the game, or how much people are spending on the RMAH.

I guess your point is to say we are not allowed to make conversation about continued revenue since we don't have numbers? We don't know exactly how much money Blizzard actually makes off the game, so we have no right to state we deserve better changes and a better game?

Otherwise, not sure why you are so dead-set on getting an answer when you know it's impossible to know.

Anyway, wether they make $5 or $5 billion, I don't feel like they are putting in the time and effort I have seen from other games with real-money features. And they definately are not living up to my expectations for any Blizzard game. If you need more clarification on that, The best way to describe it I have already discussed all over these forums. Here's an example:

Quote from Litheum

At the same time.....this is Diablo, this is Blizzard, there is an expectation. Blizzard makes a lot of money off us.....not only through box sales....but RMAH, and A LOT of Diablo players are Blizzard players.....they also play SC and WOW. (many played and bought warcraft, all 3 diablo's, both SCs, and subscribed to WOW for 4-5 years+) They will buy future games from Blizzard as well. I feel like I have paid into Blizzard as a company quite well, I have gotten many family and friends to join into Blizzard too, my mom has 2 WOW accounts, several of my EQ friends are now all about D3 and WOW, this is more then just a game I bought for 60 bucks and hoped to get 100 hours out of.

I think many players on these forums are similar to me, an easy way to see this is looking on the official Diablo forums, and see how many of those players have WOW accounts. And those are just the ones who havent switched their tags to Diablo. I can understand why someone who only plays D3 can think we are unfair and too judging, but that is because you feel you got your money worth. You spent your $60 bucks, got a few 100 hours of play and are happy.

I feel like I bought into Blizzard though, as many of us here do. I payed for 2 WOW accounts for over 5 years, have brought many people to their games, will continue to buy from them, and will play Titan (whatever it actually is) when it releases.

I don't feel like Blizzard has put in the same time and effort into D3 as they have in the past on every other game I have paid for. I would gladly pay a subscription for D3, I will continue to pay Blizzard for the great games they make, but D3 is falling short for me.

And D3 continues to let me down, the fixes they make are not fixing the core issue of the loot system being broke, and not having a item sink. PVP is now 8 months late (yes, 8 months, it WAS originally supposed to ship with D3, just because they delayed it before luanch doesnt make it less late now) and then after 8 months of waiting, and being teased about this big PVP patch, we get "nevermind, its not ready, here, have duels....another feature we should have had at launch".

It may seem like we are too critical, and we expect too much from Blizzard, but when you peel back the onion, there is more to our arguments than just wanting immediate satisfaction or being from the "entitled generation" or whatever smart title you want to label me. I have good reason to feel let down by Blizzard, and D3. I have good reason to want something different, and I feel we ARE entitled to more from Blizzard, as a long time dedicated supporter of all their games.

Hopefully that helps you understand where we are coming from.
    Quote from overneathe

Quote from Bearbarian

Why are you so desperate to derail the thread?

This thread is about qq. Tag along or troll us. Derailing is not fair from a mod!

Sooo... Blizz made at least 150-200 eur in transaction fees just off my sales. Extrapolate that to ten million customers and you get a number in the billions.

There's your number, now let us continue. 1.07 suxx, kk?
    Ok, Blizzard made billions from the RMAH, they're rolling in cash and laughing at the community. 1.0.7 sux. Carry on. :)

Ha. Bagstone.

Quote from Bleu42

Farming for hours upon hours to get a recipe doesn't make sense, why would that be fun? The 'farming' part of the new recipes is getting the demonic essences. This IS new added content that'l give players more incentive to farm, which is a good thing.

Incentive to do the same thing we have been doing the entire time? Farming is not fun, especially when they haven't added any new content to farm since the games release. It is the same thing every time.

Quote from Bleu42

A whole new area to duel? That's badass! It's a good compromise while we wait for anything more team deathmatch related. This is also a good change.

It's dumb. We can only pvp in a single area in only act 1, and it is FFA only. You can't get into groups or 3v1 or any of the things that you could do in diablo 2. Diablo 3 pvp is, as many things are, a step down from diablo 2.

Quote from Bleu42

I'm not sure what your rager is with act 3. I farm perfectly well on acts 1 and 2 and arguably run into as many champ packs.

Well, as most people know champion packs are good for getting stacks, but for farming legendaries large packs of white mobs are most optimal. This is why act 3 is the best, and i doubt you are getting anywhere close to what you could get in act 3 by farming other acts. I'm still hoping they say something about increasing mob density in the other acts for this patch, but i doubt it.

Quote from Bleu42

New gems don't have a downside. It's on you that all you want to do is farm act 3.

What is the point honestly? It's only beneficial the people who have hundreds of millions of gold. Who is going to spend 60+ million gold for +10% crit damage? And what does that even add to the game?

Quote from Bleu42

I don't need 'incentive' to make a new character, because the difference in abilities and playstyle alone deem it worth my time to make another character. Again this is a personal flaw, not a game design flaw.

I think that is a pretty dumb excuse. Paragon levels were just a bandaid from the beginning, and as much as i loved grinding to 81 on my demon hunter (not), I surely don't want to do it again on every other class. 500 hours on one character is enough torture. Playing on an alt is already a large enough loss of efficiency because you can't just take your demon hunter gear and give it to your wizard, but also losing all the mf and stats from paragon on top of that is what makes it not fun.

Quote from Bleu42

These new BoA items will have a chance (minus special legendary effects) to be better then other items just because of the 6 affix roll + the chance for a higher roll in main stat. So no, high end characters will still be able to use the new items.

Considering the RNG on the hellfire ring, i doubt any high geared player will waste their time/money on trying to get perfectly rolled boa grafted gear. I bet most other people stop shortly after too because they will see how much of a waste it is.

Quote from Bleu42

Of COURSE 99% of items are garbage. Do some quick math in your head; Thousands of players or more play each day farming. If anything good had more then a 1% chance of dropping (non BoA that is) then it'l flood the economy, AH or not. Not sure what the complaint is here.

I pretty much agree hear, but honestly the stat system of this game is so terrible. Even bad items in D2 were still pretty good compared to this game.

Quote from Bleu42

Did you not play D1 or D2? Your character will always get a point where you only pick up the highest tiered items. Again, please explain this complaint to me.

Any ilvl 63 item should at least have a chance of being godly, maybe not best in slot, but enough to compete with the legendary counterparts. Right now many items are not even close.

Quote from Bleu42

Many threads have come out disproving mp 0-2 farming as the best MP. With the chance to drop extra items on higher MP, Blizzard has done a very good job at balancing MP for item farming, no matter which you pick.

Yes, maybe, but only when you are running around in gear worth thousands of dollars is it better. Not a real good counterargument you have there.

Quote from Bleu42

No end game content? It's diablo. End game = Dueling, item farming, key / organ farming, and ubers.

And yet games like TL2, and PoE have far greater endgame content on much smaller budgets.

Quote from Bleu42

Many items are leaving the economy with salvaging / vendoring. Only the top % of items stay, and again, this is called diablo, that how things go.

I don't particularly have anything against how things currently are in this respect, but diablo used to have things called ladders.

Quote from Bleu42

TLDR; You're wrong
    Quote from Speaker

Quote from Bleu42

Incentive to do the same thing we have been doing the entire time? Farming is not fun, especially when they haven't added any new content to farm since the games release. It is the same thing every time.

Quote from Bleu42

It's dumb. We can only pvp in a single area in only act 1, and it is FFA only. You can't get into groups or 3v1 or any of the things that you could do in diablo 2. Diablo 3 pvp is, as many things are, a step down from diablo 2.

Quote from Bleu42

Well, as most people know champion packs are good for getting stacks, but for farming legendaries large packs of white mobs are most optimal. This is why act 3 is the best, and i doubt you are getting anywhere close to what you could get in act 3 by farming other acts. I'm still hoping they say something about increasing mob density in the other acts for this patch, but i doubt it.

Quote from Bleu42

What is the point honestly? It's only beneficial the people who have hundreds of millions of gold. Who is going to spend 60+ million gold for +10% crit damage? And what does that even add to the game?

Quote from Bleu42

I think that is a pretty dumb excuse. Paragon levels were just a bandaid from the beginning, and as much as i loved grinding to 81 on my demon hunter (not), I surely don't want to do it again on every other class. 500 hours on one character is enough torture. Playing on an alt is already a large enough loss of efficiency because you can't just take your demon hunter gear and give it to your wizard, but also losing all the mf and stats from paragon on top of that is what makes it not fun.

Quote from Bleu42

Considering the RNG on the hellfire ring, i doubt any high geared player will waste their time/money on trying to get perfectly rolled boa grafted gear. I bet most other people stop shortly after too because they will see how much of a waste it is.

Quote from Bleu42

I pretty much agree hear, but honestly the stat system of this game is so terrible. Even bad items in D2 were still pretty good compared to this game.

Quote from Bleu42

Any ilvl 63 item should at least have a chance of being godly, maybe not best in slot, but enough to compete with the legendary counterparts. Right now many items are not even close.

Quote from Bleu42

Yes, maybe, but only when you are running around in gear worth thousands of dollars is it better. Not a real good counterargument you have there.

Quote from Bleu42

And yet games like TL2, and PoE have far greater endgame content on much smaller budgets.

Quote from Bleu42

I don't particularly have anything against how things currently are in this respect, but diablo used to have things called ladders.

Quote from Bleu42

TLDR; You're wrong

WOW you're bad at arguments
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes