The Raoha Route: The bar has been raised even further, 30% faster then Alkaizers Route!! [outdated]

My results of comparing alkaizer's route (core, tower, crater, bridge, keep) to this one (crater, keep, rakkis). I ran each route for about an hour, including time for loading new game, never using shrines, not picking up anything besides legendaries (found 4, 3 on alkaizer, one on Roaha).

Alkaizer route

61 min 45 sec
    51 314 000 xp
    --> 49 859 000 xp per hour

Raoha route

66 min 15 sec
    58 974 000 xp
    --> 53 410 000 xp per hour

Difference is small (+7% experience), but probably since I run with only 67 bonus xp (35 hellfire + 25 gem + 7 hellfire follower). I would assume adding leoric on myself and follower will increase difference. Crater gave me 3-5 elites in a lot of cases, but in the case it doesn't, it might be an idea to add tower for those 1-2 extra stacks before hitting keep (especially when running with lower base bonus xp like me).

My profile: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/HuiTzi-2743/hero/1539808

My build: prebuff sweeping wind with blind and 500+ dex skorn, then tempest rush build with two one handers. Yeah, i know, it's not the right way, but I like it much more than the two handed tempest rush build (I tried it). I also don't have enough dps to kill white mobs with a single tempest rush pass through, making the build less efficient for me. The build I use also allows to pick up your items of choice mush more easily, since you build up enough spirit to allow for very frequent tempest rush recasts, so you can just stop to pick up items if you want. The 4 second immunity of serenity gives sufficient time for bringing down elites. No need to worry about hitting other mobs with your 7-sided strike in the 2-hander build.

Cheers!
    Run a little test on this, will leave my results here for anyone browsing the pages to see actual difference in numbers like i wanted to do.

Farmed on BARB:
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/midN-1267/hero/20420407

1.Alkaizer run 30min:

29,825,015 exp ( 59,650,030 per hour )

2.New run 30min:

34,766,709 exp ( 69,533,418 per hour )

So the NEWRUN got me 4,941,694 exp in more in 30min than ALKAIZER ( 9,883,388 per hour )

My Personal Opinion:
    So, EXP wise then NEWRUN is about 16,5% faster than ALKAIZER. If you are out there to reach some goal of level and levelup as fast as possible and u don't care about drops/legendaries, then NEWRUN is better.
    BUT, in NEWRUN u run around with 5 stacks for about ~3-4minute less, that means less chance of better drops and legendaries.

Conclusion:
    Pure EXP, no drops - NEWRUN
    Exp + drops - ALKAIZER
    Best drops, no exp - MP5 whole act3

And reason why i wont use RAOHA RUN name for new run:
    Thank you for sharing this route Raoha, BUT i don't feel like naming another run after a Players name since it has been months since 1.04 release.
    Alkaizers run was named after him because he was 1st person to reach 100paragon faster than anyone else. Now there are not so much people rushing to paragon 100 since it's very easy to do so now.
    Also, i'm Sorry, but RAOHA ROUTE just doesn't sound right.
    all this thread does is point out a fatal flaw that should have been address with the introduction of MP.

crap mob density for the sake of story telling and mood needs to be turned off when MP is turn on.

let every zone have equal exp per hour, route chosen will be based on play style/personal preference.

i liked when i FIRST started, that act 1 was pretty light while i got into the story and learned my way around. but that needs to change, if not by nightmare, then for sure by inferno...

Edit: they added MP so people could grind anywhere they felt like it, and set their own challange akin to /players8. but they only got it half right. you can grind loot anywhere due to standardized drop tables, but hardcore exp farms are reduced to specific areas in act 3, down to 3 zones...
    On my DH I'm still getting the best consistent exp/hour with my own route (in the 90s with some runs over 100m exp/hour rates). I can get as high exp/hour on Alkaizer's route, yet seem to fall short (slightly) running Raoha's route. I think it may be a result of DH having the fastest move speed, so running lower density zones for stacks is not as big of an issue as with other classes.
    Too casual to upload anything new these days.
    Quote from Mecha

And reason why i wont use RAOHA RUN name for new run:
    Thank you for sharing this route Raoha, BUT i don't feel like naming another run after a Players name since it has been months since 1.04 release.
    Alkaizers run was named after him because he was 1st person to reach 100paragon faster than anyone else. Now there are not so much people rushing to paragon 100 since it's very easy to do so now.
    Also, i'm Sorry, but RAOHA ROUTE just doesn't sound right.

I've always hated "Alkaizer's" route too. At least he didn't name it, like you said it was the community who opted the name since he made it first. Plenty of people have been fiddling with their route, due to class, or preference.
    Any tempest rush monks running this? Im probably going to be getting 3 more copies of diablo just to quad box them and want to see what its like in comparison to the typical run.
    I'm more interested in the 5 run average data per area... then people can do whatever run they want and calculate roughly how much exp theyre getting. please post data.
    rofl, never seen someone as fake & disgusting as raoha, you found the exact same route from the barb/monk forums which has been out for 2 months and slap your name on it.

What a pathetic attempt to gain subscribers.
    Tested and approved.

The mob density fits good for 2h barbarian, like a axe in to mouth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_r5-0bqJHM
    Is it not more effecient to farm while having 5 stacks? i can get 60-70 mil and hour by this route.
    Skycrown backwards from stonefort WP - 4-5 stacks, easy to follow map, always the same > Keeps level 2 ( with 5 stacks or if less i hit, Tower of the damned, for quick circle and 2-3 elite packs) > Rakkis Crossing-into the fields (either clear or only half moon) to bridge WP > Crater 2 backwards > Core to finish, 1-3 elite mobs, good xp and item drops. > From here you can either finish off azmodan for drops, or hit stonefort for key. Now this may NOT be the best way in your opinion but for item farming and paragon farming in ARCHON mode it is by far the easiest way to clear and stay in archon. I can stay in almost 95% of the time. My runs average from 12-16 mins, so 15 for safety, and i can get 12-16 mil xp a run. 2.5 - 3 blue bars of experience.
    From january until now we've had changes to Bonus XP from Monster Power, so I think this could be really outdated info.

Not that the route itself is bad or has changed, but saying it's the most efficient with the changes to experience that we had in the past, and the ones we'll have very shortly with Mob Density and scorpions having their xp reward reduced, I think we shouldn't really label this as the most efficienct route.

Until it is updated, I'll add a disclaimer to the thread title and first post.
    Very true.
    Quote from StoneTheRock

Quote from Freezard
    By the way, anyone else getting massive lags in Rakkis Crossing? Got that with DH lightning ball since 1.05... I love that place though.

I was getting that with my strafe DH as well. I thought it might be a graphs card or driver issue or even a cpu issue but tampering with the game graph settings didn't help at all. Then I just lowered the sounds rate from 128 bits to 64 bits and it never happened again. Try it.

I had this too, but I think it´s because your cpu uses the processing power for the sound processing, by default via the onboard audio chip. But if anyone knows I'd love to know why this is. I still lag in-game with 4.5 ghz and 8gb memory on an I-7 with a ssd for my d3 and windows, and 2 geforce 560 gti cards in SLI, so I doubt it's my pc..

^ Wotb + br up: live conditions.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes