The Raoha Route: The bar has been raised even further, 30% faster then Alkaizers Route!! [outdated]

hEY LOOK, it's another "screw efficiency" post...

I ENJOY getting awesome items all the time. You know how I got to that point? I power leveled, running as efficiently as possible to the point where I got great equipment and my plevel high enough to the point where I see legendaries on a regular basis.

What a stupid post to make on a thread about exp efficiency.
    Quote from JKlimek

Quote from ruksak

Quote from Indimix

So fun!, now, instead of 5 places to go we just need 3!, the game is reduced to 3 spots...

Yay.

Hint: Play the game for fun instead of maximizing efficiency and you may enjoy it more. You may level slower than some others but....who cares, right?

I ENJOY getting awesome items all the time. You know how I got to that point? I power leveled, running as efficiently as possible to the point where I got great equipment and my plevel high enough to the point where I see legendaries on a regular basis.

Ruksak only replied to the whine raised by Indimix that the game is now reduced to running 3 maps repeatedly. Nowhere did Ruksak say "screw efficiency", he just offered his view what can be done to make this game less boring and repetitive, however, by doing so one will be less efficient than zombie-mode grinds that are discussed in this post.
    Quote from JKlimek

Yep, as Baron pointed out, I'm reading these ridiculous posts from people claiming that the Alkashitzier route (whatever the fuck) is the only way to para level. Now we're apparently whittling it down to new routes that save 1 minute and 31 seconds per 8 hours or whatever the hell is going on in this thread.

It's good that people figure this shit for posterity sake but what's occurring is that far too many folks are buying into this idea that because X route is Y% more efficient, than all other areas/acts/routes are suddenly obsolete.

It's a bad practice to play that way for many folks because this sort of mindless route running is akin to manually controlling a bot....it causes people to burn out and quit.
    BurningRope#1322
    Quote from ruksak

Quote from JKlimek

Yep, as Baron pointed out, I'm reading these ridiculous posts from people claiming that the Alkashitzier route (whatever the fuck) is the only way to para level. Now we're apparently whittling it down to new routes that save 1 minute and 31 seconds per 8 hours or whatever the hell is going on in this thread.

It's good that people figure this shit for posterity sake but what's occurring is that far too many folks are buying into this idea that because X route is Y% more efficient, than all other areas/acts/routes are suddenly obsolete.

It's a bad practice to play that way for many folks because this sort of mindless route running is akin to manually controlling a bot....it causes people to burn out and quit.

It's not like players are forced to run these effecient routes... this is an option, that you can either use to powerlevel your characters at the quickest speed, or you can stick to your own thing for fun.. your acting like this is a post telling players to "Powerlevel or quit!"...

Some players, such as myself and many others here, like to maximize their efficiency.. if not to get an edge, then to save ourselves some time.
    www.Youtube.com/LastHopeForRaoha
    My D3 Character: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Loras-1351/hero/29537054
    What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
    Quote from ogeishere

It's not like players are forced to run these effecient routes... this is an option, that you can either use to powerlevel your characters at the quickest speed, or you can stick to your own thing for fun.. your acting like this is a post telling players to "Powerlevel or quit!"...

Some players, such as myself and many others here, like to maximize their efficiency.. if not to get an edge, then to save ourselves some time.

I don't think you understand.

I'm addressing the sentiment being conveyed by many that there is only 1 act, only 1 specific route to run, period. This idea is being stated OVER AND OVER by many people. It simply isn't true.

Being that some people are dangerously stupid, they only need read something on a web forum to believe it. Thusly, many people are buying this shit that if you don't run the Alkaseltzer route (whatever the fuck that no-life's name is) than you aren't going to get anywhere, you aren't going to level, you aren't getting loot.

It's bullshit.

Yeah, if you play like you're some impoverished Chinese item farmer, you will be able to level your char to para 100 in 500 hours (whatever) instead of 750 hours. But by no motherfucking means whatsoever does that suggest you're wasting your time by running act 1, for example.

If that's your thing, go for it brother. I have no issue with that. What I have issue with is reading so many comments that state a specific route in act 3 is the ONLY place even worth bothering with.

I hope you understand what I mean. Don't think I'm trying to insult you or others that maximize efficiency.
    BurningRope#1322
    Back on topic, I figured out that there is three basic layouts for the Arreat Crater Level 2, once you figure those out you will know where elites are most likely to spawn and where the exit is. I've pretty gotten it down where I can get 4-5 stacks every game just in the crater without too much back-running. I've improved my xp/hr by about 3m, so now I'm at 65m xp/hr.
    At least for me as a Whirlwind Barb your run suggestion isn't as good as the alkaizer run.
    I get an average of about 83m xp/hour after 10 runs. No shrines, no rares, fast runs.
    If I'm doing the normal Alkaizer Route I get up to 90 million xp / hour.

And there is another point that is quite essential in my eyes.
    The uptime of the 5 NV stacks concerning item drops.

I really dislike runs that are this short. It takes me about 5:30 to clear the three areas. Considering that I will only get 3-4 stacks on average in crater 2 I'm
    If I'm doing Alkaizer Runs I need about 8:30 and it normally takes about 1:00-1:30 to get to 5 stacks with core, tower 1 and eventually 1-2 packs in crater 2. That's a lot of rare packs killed without 5 NV with your route.

Thats my barb: http://eu.battle.net/d3/de/profile/ot4ku-2690/hero/3479372
    I'm wearing leorics and hellfire ring while xp farming.
    Quote from ruksak

Quote from Indimix

So fun!, now, instead of 5 places to go we just need 3!, the game is reduced to 3 spots...

Yay.

Hint: Play the game for fun instead of maximizing efficiency and you may enjoy it more. You may level slower than some others but....who cares, right?

True. However, there is a nice quote (IIRC someone at Blizz said it) that was something like this: "when fun and efficiency meets, that is the sign of a well designed game".
    Quote from Ryude

I decided to do 60 minutes exactly, which ended up being 10 runs.

61,899,506 xp in 60 minutes = ~62m xp/hr
    4 legendaries
    0 legendaries worth gold

I noticed that many games I would never get 5 stacks. The arreat level 2 and keeps level 2 are just so random. Because of this reason, I'm going to try adding core of arreat to the start of this run and do another 60 minutes. We will see how that changes things.

I would take the WP to stonefort and enter the door to skycrown instead, i almost always get 4-5 stacks there, and there is a high concetration of mobs there, or Core+Tower of the damned works as well for 4-5 stacks.
    Did one run from Raoha's other thread with my blizzard/spectral wiz (L86),
    is possibly faster with archon? Dunno but got bored of it a bit back...

1 bar is about 21.7 mil xp I think, and didn't quite get 1 bar, maybe~80% (low density run).

Sorry for lag at start, computer was loading:
    http://youtu.be/Qj24_-bPBCk
    Quote from Nuvian

Quote from Ryude

I decided to do 60 minutes exactly, which ended up being 10 runs.

61,899,506 xp in 60 minutes = ~62m xp/hr
    4 legendaries
    0 legendaries worth gold

I noticed that many games I would never get 5 stacks. The arreat level 2 and keeps level 2 are just so random. Because of this reason, I'm going to try adding core of arreat to the start of this run and do another 60 minutes. We will see how that changes things.

I would take the WP to stonefort and enter the door to skycrown instead, i almost always get 4-5 stacks there, and there is a high concetration of mobs there, or Core+Tower of the damned works as well for 4-5 stacks.

That makes sense, it's another high density area too which is great :D
    Quote from Ryude

Back on topic, I figured out that there is three basic layouts for the Arreat Crater Level 2, once you figure those out you will know where elites are most likely to spawn and where the exit is. I've pretty gotten it down where I can get 4-5 stacks every game just in the crater without too much back-running. I've improved my xp/hr by about 3m, so now I'm at 65m xp/hr.

The minimum amount of packs that can spawn in the crater is three. While the exp seems pretty good without getting five stacks before walking into keep depths, I don't like it for that reason.
    The more I play it the more I question if I should do the Arreat Crater at all, it's the most frustrating of the three areas and probably the least density. Just replace it with Skycrown and you get 5 stacks 90% of the time.
    I did a few runs replacing Arreat Crater with the skycrown and I can only get 64-65m xp/hr compared to 72-75m xp/hr with Arreat Crater.
    Quote from Ryude

I did a few runs replacing Arreat Crater with the skycrown and I can only get 64-65m xp/hr compared to 72-75m xp/hr with Arreat Crater.

You'll have to do a few more and let us know how it goes!

Edit: completely misread your post earlier >
    This route will punish your items and legendaries/hour, I wouldn't recommend it - the whole point of farming essentially is to get richer, not just to level up

but that varies from person to person, goodluck
    Quote from Avoid

This route will punish your items and legendaries/hour, I wouldn't recommend it - the whole point of farming essentially is to get richer, not just to level up

Actually, about 75% of legendaries come from white mobs, which this route takes advantage of. In the case of players with good mf, or high enough paragon, the mf from nephalem stacks is pretty small. So, with good base mf I can see this route actually being a lot better for finding legendaries.

I haven't noticed a drop off in legendaries/hour myself since switching, but I am max mf. Also, I don't really keep a running average either so I'm just going off of what I've seen. If someone would like to do some tests and give their numbers it would definitely help.
    Quote from Speaker
    Actually, about 75% of legendaries come from white mobs, which this route takes advantage of. In the case of players with good mf, or high enough paragon, the mf from nephalem stacks is pretty small. So, with good base mf I can see this route actually being a lot better for finding legendaries.

I haven't noticed a drop off in legendaries/hour myself since switching, but I am max mf. Also, I don't really keep a running average either so I'm just going off of what I've seen. If someone would like to do some tests and give their numbers it would definitely help.

Yeah, I agree with this guy. From my admittingly little testing (roughly 4-5 hours of doing this route, but also starting with core to get a quick few stacks and with about 200% base MF), I've found my legendary drop rate increase quite noticably. And as said, most of my legendaries have been coming from white mobs, which this run maximizes.
    Quote from Speaker

Quote from Avoid

Hey bro. I did log the legendaries I found during this run but not the others (Which I will test tomorrow I hope). At 250% MF these were my findings over 5 hours and 45 minutes of testing:

Total Legendaries: 16
    2.78 per hour

ilvl 61 Legendaries: 8
    62 Legendaries: 4
    63 Legendaries: 4

If anyone is interested in logging some legendary findings on any of the runs,that would be awesome!
    I honestly don't notice any difference between Alkaizer, SkyHigh and this route. I'm getting 70m exp per hour with my DH anywhere I go :( Also this route seems much worse when it comes to farming... not just counting legendaries but also rares, there aren't as many elites here. SkyHigh's route seems to work great though and is the longest/most varied so I think I'll start using that one.

By the way, anyone else getting massive lags in Rakkis Crossing? Got that with DH lightning ball since 1.05... I love that place though.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes