Blizzard ignores warnings, Bans my account, Best barb ammy in USA now duped?

Quote from Mob_Dylan

My god, I typed in "how are these people duping items in Diablo3?" To my surprise there are websites selling programs for duping!!! This is scary because one program states its absolutely undetectable no matter what blizzard does, including any new patch that they come out with. They state that people have made 10s of thousands of dollars with it. This is scary for the future of Diablo3 and anybody looking to make easy money because in Diablo3 duping is now a Felony.

True or not, people will always find a way to corrupt the system.

rofl stupidest person on the internet
    Quote from ruksak

Quote from Mob_Dylan

Quote from ruksak

Quote from Mob_Dylan

How the hell would I, or you know what will happen if "we" buy the program? How do you know anything your saying is true? Ok so this all might be crying wolf or it might not be. There is not reason to be absolute in your arguments.

I'll tell you what. You go ahead and buy yourself a copy of that fabulous duping program. I'm sure you'll be rolling in dough by the end of the weekend.

Good luck logging in on Monday.

Youtube is awash with phony dupe vids, most linking you to goldseller sites etc.

Until I see the AH fill up with duplicates, I remain steadfast that this is a rollback issue, one that is already well in hand.

Of course exploits will come and go, but I have yet to see ample evidence to believe that people out there have the ability to create $250 items at will.

That sort of greed would be exposed quite fast.

Uh ok

OK.

Can you tell me why this makes any sense to you;

Your name is Chun Yun Phat. You have discovered a duping process. You have essentially invented a money machine. So....you make a youtube vid showing everyone what you're doing.

Tell me that makes one tiny bit of fucking sense?

Or....you have invented a program that dupes. Why the hell are you going to sell it to people when you could just use it to make money (almost literally) and not spread it around, causing it to eventually get made obsolete via security measures once it's discovered?

If I invented a machine that turned ordinary paper into $100 bills, I sure as shit ain't selling the plans to anybody. I'm making $100 bills and........... fuck everyone else.

I'm....I'm shocked. I simply cannot believe you are falling for this shit.

This is what you typed above, and I would be laughing my ass off if it wasn't so pathetic;

My god, I typed in "how are these people duping items in Diablo3?" To my surprise there are websites selling programs for duping!!! This is scary because one program states its absolutely undetectable no matter what blizzard does, including any new patch that they come out with. They state that people have made 10s of thousands of dollars with it.

Are you shitting me? Really? You're that gullible?

"Most honorable person of interest makes many of dollars by using of program"......AND you're ready to buy this shit.....prolly huntin around for your credit card.

I just don't know what to say. I thought you were being sarcastic. I'm just....at a loss for words.

Look at WoW (blizzards other online game) been running for 8 years and MMO glider (a WoW bot) still works and is updated every hotfix and every patch). People saying coders/hackers can always get around code is absolutely 100% true especially when they can make more money selling their program to 10s of thousands of players instead of making 1000s in game and raising red flags on their account drawing attention to them PERSONALLY as you need a paypal account and a phone sms, buying new phones and new proxy bank accs/ccs for verified paypal would be way too costly to be as profitable as just selling a program they can update a few days after they find the loopholes in every patch.

If Blizzard cant keep coders from keeping 3rd party progs in a game they have been running for 8 years, what makes you think its gonna be any different in Diablo 3? The most that happens? people using it get banned and buy new accounts, thats at their own risk, the coders selling the shit still make bank.
    Quote from SeraphimX

Look at WoW (blizzards other online game) been running for 8 years and MMO glider (a WoW bot) still works and is updated every hotfix and every patch). People saying coders/hackers can always get around code is absolutely 100% true especially when they can make more money selling their program to 10s of thousands of players instead of making 1000s in game and raising red flags on their account drawing attention to them PERSONALLY as you need a paypal account and a phone sms, buying new phones and new proxy bank accs/ccs for verified paypal would be way too costly to be as profitable as just selling a program they can update a few days after they find the loopholes in every patch.

If Blizzard cant keep coders from keeping 3rd party progs in a game they have been running for 8 years, what makes you think its gonna be any different in Diablo 3? The most that happens? people using it get banned and buy new accounts, thats at their own risk, the coders selling the shit still make bank.

Well sure, there will always be this sort of manipulation.

I know little (nothing) of coding but what I do know is there is an extreme difference between bot programs and duping items.

What irks me with this thread, the OP and the other two threads just like this that he started in the last 5 days, is the attitude that Blizz isn't doing anything about the rollback issues (or the potential for actual hard-duplicating).

Without a doubt, Blizzards #1 concern is stopping dupes dead in it's tracks when and if it appears. Bots suck ass, they harm the economy and destroy the integrity of the game, but as you pointed out, there is very little they can do to stop it. They can only ban accounts and make it more difficult for them.

But items, that's a different game altogether. Blizzard has more control over that issue.
    I'm pretty sure if someone know how to "dupe" items it won't change economy much. Because they aren't going, I guess, to sell million copy of IK helm, because they would reveal themselves and value of this item would go down very fast. More like duping 3-4 copys of BiS items and then sell them.
    I'm very angry at this situation myself, mates. There was duping in Diablo 2 aswell, but we had Ladder resets and what not. Without ladder resets here, things might go out of hand fast. It's sad to see how so many people try to ruin the fun for the rest of us. If this duping continues it will crash the in-game economy in no time... they won't dupe only items. You saw for yourself what happened with the gem prices.
    Its scary that people cant see, that what we are seeing are rollback dupes. If players knew how to dupe, you can be guaranteed that there wouldnt be 15 or 20 with the superb Manticore. But thousands. And the fact that your blind to the edited youtube dupe videos which "shocker" source back to gold selling sites. It just makes you a ignorant, naive and general stupid person. I mean the stupidity is almost equal to the person, who gets an email saying "your grandfathers best friend from Nigeria has died, he left you 5 mill $, click the link to collect the money"

Apply a little logic and common sence to this subject. Just like Ruksak. And we'll all be fine. But its like there has gone sport into who can have the biggest tinfoil hat on, while posting on ze internetz.
    Currently played toon: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rage-2973/hero/8990624
    Profit: Flipping/Sniping: 6577€
    Want to buy a tinfoil hat? i got one for sale with +290 int.
    Currently played toon: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rage-2973/hero/8990624
    Huminator, do you really think Blizz won't do something about it if those were simple rollback dupes? Before accusing others of stupidity take a look at your own point.
    You make it sounds like rollback duping is simple. You can be guaranteed that blizzard do everything they can to avoid it. In my opinion they should just stop the rollback service. If you get hacked and loose your char, tough luck. Protect your account better next time. But they have chosen to give their customers the service of rollback. And for as long they have that service, you cannot prevent rollback duping happens.
    Quote from Fravardin

Huminator, do you really think Blizz won't do something about it if those were simple rollback dupes? Before accusing others of stupidity take a look at your own point.

The rollback-scammers are the most difficult to root out. Their technique is to abuse a very important and game saving customer service feature meant to help people whom have been victimized by account theft.

The quantities we're seeing duplicates of are in lockstep with what would be expected via a rollback scam. As well, many quantities are still in stash, having not been revealed yet. So we see them trickling their way onto the market.
    You got banned because you violated about 50 Terms of Use codes in your posts. Spamming, Discussing Moderation, Naming and Shaming (Not 1, but multiple people, multiple times,) Posting unconstructive threads, attention seeking titles, circumventing bans using another account, and I'm sure I've missed a few.

Blizzard knows there is a problem.

What would you like them to do about it? Remove rollbacks entirely? Adapt a 100% hands-off policy on Diablo 3 and say, "Anything that happens to your account, including compromises, is your fault and thus you have to deal with it."

Did you ever think that there isn't enough evidence to ban those who are duping? If there is proof that an account was compromised and they do a rollback and an item gets duped, is it illegal? Only if that system is exploited. But what defines exploitation? Using it once? If it does not happen on the same account over and over again, nothing can be done. If they keep using dummy accounts to dupe items, nothing can be done.

Get over yourself and think.
    The only time I think roll-backs should be done is when your account is compromised due to lack of security on Blizzards part. As much as I don't want to, I do agree that what happens to your account other than that, is your problem. It has been this way across many different MMO's, ARPG's, and a wide variety of games. Blizzard gives you the protection (SMS protect, authenticator, your choice in password, be it strong or weak; its all up to you).

It's hard to take sides on this matter, because my account has been compromised years back on Diablo 2, and Blizzard did nothing for me albeit it was my own stupidity that let me to go to a third-party site which put my account at risk just on a friend's simple request. It was 'my' fault and I am the only one who can control if I get scammed, and how.

If there was someway of 'rolling back' while replacing the items lost for whatever reason, to use the same item ID to make it so upon recovering the item, the original where-ever it may be would be destroyed, thus recovering the item to its proper state and owner, as intended.
    "From the smallest necessity to the highest religious abstraction, from the wheel to the skyscraper, everything we are and everything we have comes from one attribute of man - the function of his reasoning mind." ~ Ayn Rand
    Quote from Huminator

You make it sounds like rollback duping is simple. You can be guaranteed that blizzard do everything they can to avoid it. In my opinion they should just stop the rollback service. If you get hacked and loose your char, tough luck. Protect your account better next time. But they have chosen to give their customers the service of rollback. And for as long they have that service, you cannot prevent rollback duping happens.

Rollback duping is possible. And yes it does not a whole lot of trouble to get the rollback. I got hacked a while back in the days 1.0.0 before I got an authenticator. Only thing I had to do is to notify the customer service, after which they asked me if I want to perform a rollback and thus loose 1 of my 2 rollbacks. I said yes, and the whole thing lasted a few days.
    From my exprience in Diablo 2, duping wasn't 5-10 items, the exploiters would dupe the hell outta these things and would have extensive operations, the market was FLOODED in the later patchs of D2 so much so blizzard created ways for us to use duped SoJs (clone event), it was more likely to get a duped SoJ in a trade than a real one.

If this "duping" was happening and some of the "evidence" that was posted is real, you wouldn't see a few items here and there that were the same you'd see duplicates many times of the same item. They'd have duping accounts which would be fueling a game and then slave accounts to come in pick the items up and push them to the AH/Trades games/Website and then when payment is done this will be sent on to another account, now replicate this 10-20 times and oh wowza you got a chinese D2 duping operation going.

With that said it's impossible to dupe in the same way in diablo 3 as it was in diablo 2, this is precisely why they made it so the entire engine basis is on the server side. The client does little to no work hence the game being always online, which is why the only plausible way to dupe is this rollback theory people have. If the video you posted in the OP was remotely real it would involve an error in the game code, which if it was real, could be fixed quickly and would of already been fixed by blizzard..

Which brings me to my point, why are you telling us this? Does it really matter? If this is a big issue, blizzard will have to combat it, if it isn't well no skin off your nose. Getting worked up and spouting some of the language i've seen will not get you anywhere, other than as you have proved, banned. You have 3 options 1) Ignore it and let blizz deal with it 2) Figure it out for yourself and exploit it 3) Quit the game.

Do people think Blizzard is so incompotent that they would let exploiters destroy one of their flagship games with NO effort to stop them? For those of you giving examples of WoW exploits, while there are bots, most of them are killed quickly, to the point where on my highly populated server i haven't seen an active farm bot in 2 years.

Do not mistake spammers as bots, some complex macros is all that is needed to get that job done.
    So the gem prices on the asian AH going for 100k gold a piece were from a rollback dupe? Something smells fishy in here!
    Dude you are so dumb... He was selling the item off of his character. Check for yourself. Equip an item. Log out, sell the item equipped from your character on the auction house. It will say that you currently have this item equipped. Sell it anyway? Say yes, and now close the auction house interface and go to your profile and inspect your character. The item still shows up on the character even though it is on the AH at the same time. You can easily see this on the video because both amulets mysteriously have 51/52 durability remaining. This is not proof of duping.

This is proof of duping, and proof that blizzard is taking action against accounts:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtKJaga3Vkw
    Quote from Voix

From my exprience in Diablo 2, duping wasn't 5-10 items, the exploiters would dupe the hell outta these things and would have extensive operations, the market was FLOODED in the later patchs of D2 so much so blizzard created ways for us to use duped SoJs (clone event), it was more likely to get a duped SoJ in a trade than a real one.

If this "duping" was happening and some of the "evidence" that was posted is real, you wouldn't see a few items here and there that were the same you'd see duplicates many times of the same item. They'd have duping accounts which would be fueling a game and then slave accounts to come in pick the items up and push them to the AH/Trades games/Website and then when payment is done this will be sent on to another account, now replicate this 10-20 times and oh wowza you got a chinese D2 duping operation going.

With that said it's impossible to dupe in the same way in diablo 3 as it was in diablo 2, this is precisely why they made it so the entire engine basis is on the server side. The client does little to no work hence the game being always online, which is why the only plausible way to dupe is this rollback theory people have. If the video you posted in the OP was remotely real it would involve an error in the game code, which if it was real, could be fixed quickly and would of already been fixed by blizzard..

Which brings me to my point, why are you telling us this? Does it really matter? If this is a big issue, blizzard will have to combat it, if it isn't well no skin off your nose. Getting worked up and spouting some of the language i've seen will not get you anywhere, other than as you have proved, banned. You have 3 options 1) Ignore it and let blizz deal with it 2) Figure it out for yourself and exploit it 3) Quit the game.

Do people think Blizzard is so incompotent that they would let exploiters destroy one of their flagship games with NO effort to stop them? For those of you giving examples of WoW exploits, while there are bots, most of them are killed quickly, to the point where on my highly populated server i haven't seen an active farm bot in 2 years.

Do not mistake spammers as bots, some complex macros is all that is needed to get that job done.

It's completely different in D3; Items are really unique when it comes to stats, even legendaries with the exact same stats are very hard to come by. In D2 you could dupe an SOJ because they were all the same anyway. In D3 duping an soj of the same stats to the quantity you are describing would raise even more red flags then doing just a couple at a time.

Also afaik the duping process could take awhile, and I'm not even sure if 'real' duping is happening (where item codes are being changed to re-create items). Personally the most likely cenerio is either rollbacks, and / or exploiting the bug that sometimes drops 2 + of the same exact item. This bug still exists because my buddy found two the exact same legendary triumvirates at the same time, about two weeks ago.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    All the duping in the US is from rollbacks. Remember when toys r us was selling diablo 3 copies for $10 each? Well some people bought like dozens of copies. They took their really good items, and faked getting "hacked". They got a rollback and now have 2 of everything. Switch to another copy, do the same thing. Now they have 4 of everything. Again, 8 of everything, etc. I bet you are likely to see any items that are duped in multiples of 2.
    Quote from Fravardin

I'm very angry at this situation myself, mates. There was duping in Diablo 2 aswell, but we had Ladder resets and what not. Without ladder resets here, things might go out of hand fast. It's sad to see how so many people try to ruin the fun for the rest of us. If this duping continues it will crash the in-game economy in no time... they won't dupe only items. You saw for yourself what happened with the gem prices.

I did see what happened to the gem prices and I see what they are at now. From the looks of things, Blizzard quietly fixed the issues considering that the price for gems is back to normal. I will wait and see what Blizzard does as I suspect; they too will fix this issue as quietly as they did the gem crisis.
    "There is no cow level!"
    Quote from Syronicus

Quote from Fravardin

I did see what happened to the gem prices and I see what they are at now. From the looks of things, Blizzard quietly fixed the issues considering that the price for gems is back to normal. I will wait and see what Blizzard does as I suspect; they too will fix this issue as quietly as they did the gem crisis.

Yep.

The "gem incident" is being used as proof of duping by some. When it should stand as evidence that Blizz is resolute in stomping out all forms of duplication.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes