[Official] Release Date Speculation Thread

No way it will be so ''soon'', i wouldn't count on anything 2 months before release date and since we still don't have that it's best possible / optimistic opinion to be something in begining of may which is also really hard, what we can hope for is that it will be something in Jun and that it doesn't get delayed again, but April, come on, it's march already, lets be at least a little realistic.
    Not even death can save you from me
    I agree that April seems waaaay too early, especially given that they've said they'd post a release date 2 months ahead of the release. What about Jay's tweet that can't debunk or confirm the Italian website's date, though? Also, beta patch 13 was pushed on the 18th of February, and if Blizzard released that patch knowing that it'd be the last one, it's possible that they've already started pressing DVDs.

They've mentioned in the past that they want to run the release the same as WoW's Cataclysm, which allowed players to download the client so they could run it when it launched at midnight. This would allow for last-minute, minor patches to be applied as well, so if the game's 98% done at the moment, that could be a way of getting out that last 2% without making the fan base wait for manufacturing time. As far as printing boxes/box art goes, that's probably been finished for months.

So, IF (and that's a big IF, keep in mind) some or all of the outlined scenario is true, April 17th or shortly thereafter could still be a viable possibility. Again though, the only reason I'm personally compelled to engage in this much speculation is Jay's mysterious tweet... they've been so quick about crushing release date rumors in the past, so why not "debunk" this one...?
    i would choose my own religion and worship my own spirit, but if he ever preached to me i wouldn't want to hear it. i'd drop him, a forgotten god, languishing in shame; and then if i hit stormy seas, i'd have myself to blame. Zhaph#1849
    seems like there is a lot of hype around a blizzard announcement and the same week theres the apple ipad 3 announcement, would be cool if d3 would be on ipad.... most unlikely though.
    i just wanna know the date so i can tell my boss which days im off :P
    Quote from Noctus78

i just wanna know the date so i can tell my boss which days im off :P

this... only its a week we are talking ;)
    Maybe I just being hopefull, but I do not like the argument "blizzard said they post a release date 2 months ahead of time". They have told us many things that they have changed their minds about. So I'd like to think April 17th is a viable date.
    We would all like to think that - and I find myself hoping as well... However I understand the skeptics ;)
    https://twitter.com/#!/Bashiok/status/176707368812429312

I hate this guy :)

Sign of.... trolling about Jay's answer ?

"We'll be cookin' on the road to Releaseville"
    9:00 am PST has come and gone.. does anyone remeber when the press release hit for Cata or SC2? I know they were both on Mondays, but what about the time of day?
    Amazon.it removes 17th April as release date.

http://www.amazon.it/Activision-Blizzard-Diablo-3/dp/B006OPVZ22/
    Quote from Vaenror

Amazon.it removes 17th April as release date.

http://www.amazon.it.../dp/B006OPVZ22/

prob just told to by blizz, doesnt mean it cant be the date
    I am not really into uhh speculations and such, but the 17 th of april discussion is quite interesting.

I noticed that one of our main dutch toys retailers is now advertising with "New! Diablo 3 release date 19th of April".

Before the 17th of april notice their date was stuck @ 30th of may which still stands on the main site (www.bartsmit.nl)

However I received this through the post like all other dutchies.. http://folders.bartsmit.com/Bart_Smit_Folder_week_10_2012/magazine.html#/zoompage/6/ (right bottom corner)

And it clearly states New: Diablo 3 release date 19th of April.

So it could be true!
    Except on the site it says may 30th now =(

But Bart Smit had the April 19th pinned before this Italian leak.
    Quote from Kashim

Except on the site it says may 30th now =(

But Bart Smit had the April 19th pinned before this Italian leak.

On site it does but the newly spread folder states 19th of april
    Quote from Eskhata

https://twitter.com/...707368812429312

I hate this guy :)

Sign of.... trolling about Jay's answer ?

Yeah reading my twitter account this morning made me laugh seeing his trolls he done another one not long after that one witha troll face in it.

https://twitter.com/#!/Bashiok/status/176743627068936192
    Mid-late april is a viable release time given the time tables and everything else we know.
    DIABLO® III IN STORES STARTING APRIL 17, 2012
    IRVINE, Calif. – March 5, 2012 – Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. announced today that its critically acclaimed action role-playing game, Diablo® III, will arrive in stores throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, Russia, Mexico, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines, and the regions of Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau starting on April 17, 2012. Diablo® III will be available on DVD-ROM for Windows® XP/Windows Vista®/Windows® 7 and Macintosh® at a suggested retail price of $59.99 and will also be offered as a digital download from the Blizzard Store today. A special Collector’s Edition packed with bonus items will be available exclusively in retail stores for a suggested retail price of $99.99.

Someone just posted this on reddit saying it was on press release site for a few minutes. It's nothing there yet but if it is true. Then it is goddamn awesome.
    omfg wtf
    N-N-N-NERD-FAP-FAP-FAP

*edited* for pure awesomeness.
    Quote from MeddlinG

DIABLO® III IN STORES STARTING APRIL 17, 2012
    IRVINE, Calif. – March 5, 2012 – Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. announced today that its critically acclaimed action role-playing game, Diablo® III, will arrive in stores throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, Russia, Mexico, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines, and the regions of Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau starting on April 17, 2012. Diablo® III will be available on DVD-ROM for Windows® XP/Windows Vista®/Windows® 7 and Macintosh® at a suggested retail price of $59.99 and will also be offered as a digital download from the Blizzard Store today. A special Collector’s Edition packed with bonus items will be available exclusively in retail stores for a suggested retail price of $99.99.

Someone just posted this on reddit saying it was on press release site for a few minutes. It's nothing there yet but if it is true. Then it is goddamn awesome.

Fake. How can a game that hasn't been released be "critically acclaimed"? When they gave a press announcement for Cataclysm and Starcraft II they wrote "highly anticipated". Somebody just made a fake mockup from the other press releases.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes