Hey boyz! Season One & Two - Rank 1 monk (world) here!
In my opinion/experience this build is currently one of the strongest possible monk setups for competitive group greater rift laddering & XP farming.
Please note: I always keep my diablo fans guides up to date and will be making adjustments to the guide whenever there is a shift in endgame meta! so be sure to check back, and vote on the guide!
Monk generator attacks only lower their FPA (Frames per Attack) at certain attack speed breakpoints. You can look these up using d3planner.com. The fewer frames you need to cast any sequence of either FoT or WothF, the more Flying Dragon uptime you get.
With the recommended attack speed you have slightly more than 90% Flying Dragon uptime, which is about as good as it gets. If you have any more than 24% IAS on your gear (3% Enchantress, 3x 7% IAS rolls), you get above the 5.0 APS cap when Flying Dragon is active, thus diminishing the value of all other IAS as long as Flying Dragon is active (which is more than 90% of the time)
Basic game-play strategy:
- Use Breath of heaven on CD
- Use Dash on a monster every 4 seconds
- Apply/Maintain static Discharge debuff on monsters with FoT
- Attack with WoTF during static discharge debuff (only in AoE, otherwise just attack with FoT for single target)
- Use desert shroud or serenity when required
- Use mantra active when required
- Serenity - Ascension (alternative to Desert shroud)
- Dashing Strike - Blinding speed (for HC or PE setups)
Legendary Gem variations:
- Pain Enhancer - Swap out Bane of the trapped and drop all IAS off gear etc. (can also replace stricken if you are non-seasonal)
Hellfire Passive/Passive variations in order of power:
- Exalted Soul (Max DPS)
- Near Death Experience (not recommended, good for HC)
- Beacon of Ytar (if you do not have enough IAS to maintain spirit)
- Helm: 30% Lightning>Crit>Dex>Vit
- Shoulders: Dex>Vit>15% life
- Torso: x3 Sockets>15% Life
- Legs: x2 Sockets
- Gloves: Crit>CHD>Attack Speed
- Rings: Socket>Attack Speed>Crit>CHD
- Waist: 15% Life>15% FoT Dmg
- Wrist: 20% Lightning damage>Crit
- Boots: 12% Movement speed
- Amulet: Socket>20% Lightning damage>Crit>ChD
- Weapon: Vit=Life on Hit
you want dex/secondary resist on all your pieces(where possible)
People WITHOUT shenlongs fists:
Do not attempt the build without shenlongs set (you will do virtually no damage)
Q: Does Focus+Restraint snapshot?
A: No, they are both dynamic buffs.
Q: Why am i getting instantly killed gr60+?
A: Make sure your stats look something like this: 1200+ All resistance | 16,000+ Armour | 500,000+ Health.
Q: What gem should i put in my helmet socket?
A: Red gem for XP, Purple for Pushing!
Q: What normal gems should i put in my chest/pants?
A: Emeralds (Diamonds if you're HC).
If you liked the guide, then come follow my stream @ >>> www.twitch.tv/quin69 <<< for more monk action! When i go live, Any questions that you guys have - i can answer for you live on stream! I will also be posting YouTube guides on my twitch channel soon!
Be sure to check back on the guide every now and then! as i am always making minor changes.
Note: I will try answer as many questions as i can! and will read all of your posts, but obviously doing a gear-check for each one of you bros or re-answering the same question over and over will take all day If you want a direct answer come follow the stream <3