Diablo III Auction House is Shutting Down on March 18, 2014

Blizzard just gained back every ounce of respect I once had for them. Good Job Blizzard!
    i5 2500k - Asus Sabertooth P67 - 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP - 2x Corsair Force GT3 120Gigs - AMD Radeon 7970
    Adios. Now we'll just get bot spam, WUG games, and all the other stupidity in D2. They're going to have to eliminate ALL P2P trading across accounts; no drop trading, nothing. These morons had it right in WoW, and they borked it so stinking badly in D3. How did you go from one of the best systems to what they had?
    Quote from Bagstone

Quote from t0luene

EDIT: I have to mention, MOST awesome items ingame in RoS are going to be soulbound so trading will just cut down in general.

Nope, with the removal of the AH there's no need for BoA anymore. Many people (including me and all of my friends) will not use any dodgy 3rd party trading sites. With the "in your face" trading system absent, I'm officially completely back to self-found, finally.

Yep, I can see them ultimately deciding to either making everything BoA or removing the AH. I'm glad they decided on the latter.
    Is it just me or does John stutter just abit around the minute mark when he says "... and be ready to play Diablo 3 (pause) without the aution house." Man sure sounded like he wanted to say " Diablo 3 RoS without the auction house" in there. I know I might just be making it up becasue I want the expansion bad.
    Well that isn't too terribly bright...
    This is clearly the best news after RoS's announcment and the datamine. Josh is a real good lead director for this project and after seeing the console version working without an AH (maybe they should tone down the drop rates and stat inflation on PC compared to PS3/XboX) this was the best move to ensure that this game will live a lot longer.

In the future, self found will be a lot more viable and if people want to trade, they can do it in the old fashion way.
    AAAAAAND now, let's see the gold value crash on the RMAH from all players cashing out.... this is so fun XD
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSr-VWc_7WQ
    Quote from Bagstone

Quote from t0luene

EDIT: I have to mention, MOST awesome items ingame in RoS are going to be soulbound so trading will just cut down in general.

Nope, with the removal of the AH there's no need for BoA anymore. Many people (including me and all of my friends) will not use any dodgy 3rd party trading sites. With the "in your face" trading system absent, I'm officially completely back to self-found, finally.

Trade with your friends, you tight arse!
    muahaahhahahahahahahahahhahah
    Stock up on gold now, I have a feeling crafts and enchants won't be cheap in the expansion. With no AH to sell items for gold or buy gold, it will take a long time to farm gold. With that said, I'm going to stockpile as much as I can :)
    Quote from maka

Quote from Bagstone

Quote from t0luene

Yeah, my friends! It's just that I happen to have thousands and thousands of friends, and for some reason, we all have forum gold...
    Quote from maka

Quote from Bagstone

Quote from t0luene

Oh sorry - trading with friends was always included in my broad definition of self-found ;-) Like in D2, we always had matching characters so that someone could always make use of an item, but we never engaged in public trading. So all this upcoming QQ about the uprising of bots and trade channel spam... couldn't care less :D

Man, this is so awesome. I haven't been that excited since the day D3 was announced.
    OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!
    D3 is finally coming!
    What it should have been!
    OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

Not that I used AH, but still...
    Quote from Bagstone

Oh sorry - trading with friends was always included in my broad definition of self-found ;-) Like in D2, we always had matching characters so that someone could always make use of an item, but we never engaged in public trading. So all this upcoming QQ about the uprising of bots and trade channel spam... couldn't care less :D

Man, this is so awesome. I haven't been that excited since the day D3 was announced.

Good to hear that.
    Quote from Ryude

Stock up on gold now, I have a feeling crafts and enchants won't be cheap in the expansion. With no AH to sell items for gold or buy gold, it will take a long time to farm gold. With that said, I'm going to stockpile as much as I can :)

Hopefully they'll increase the vendor prices of items, with white items being salvaged for components now they might slam a higher monetary value onto everything for the vendor. We'll see.

I will be stockpiling gold as well though. =)
    Holy... didn't see this coming. Blizzard sure has balls..
    I found something interesting in the new Terms of Service agreement.

With the announcement of the AH shutting down, you have 30 days from this day to get a refund for Diablo 3. Once you click the Accept button on the agreement, you cannot get the refund.
    I didn't see this coming, I kind of liked the AH but I do see the benefits of taking it away... We'll see how this plays out, at least it has the support of the community, that''s a big plus :)

Thanks ScyberDragon!!! you're awesome!!:D:D
    Quote from Lenekk

Anyone think this means ROS will be out on or around 3-18-14?

Wouldn't go too far with that. Only thing significant is that we are months exactly from this happening.

9-17-2013 -> 3-18 2014
    Quote from Ryude

I found something interesting in the new Terms of Service agreement.

With the announcement of the AH shutting down, you have 30 days from this day to get a refund for Diablo 3. Once you click the Accept button on the agreement, you cannot get the refund.

wow if that is true...
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes