More Information on Patch 1.0.5 Systems, Diablo 3: Finding a Voice, Should Skill Swapping Reset NV Buff - Poll Recap

Quote from kilo56

When it comes to the NV stacks and skill swapping I see no problem with the way it is. If a champ pack gives you problems it isn't because of your skills it's because of your gear, plain and simple.

Wrong. Try playing a wizard against a fast jailer vortex frozen spider pack. Now try it with all skills available. Having the ability to switch to have a ton of escape abilities completely changes the game.

No longer do you have to make strategic choices in your build and create a balanced set of skills, just keep changing them until it works.

Should I remind you, PLAYERS asked for build permanence. PLAYERS were playing with the skill window open. Do you want to go back to playing with the skill window open?
    Isn't everything in this game "BoA" in the first place? I mean, I know all my characters have access to my stash.

On a different note for the same concept, though, I actually LOVE the "cannot be traded" call. For the first time in this game's short lifespan, there's a reason to farm for something and the reason isn't to sell it. Good call.
    Why are people concerned about the ring that EVERYONE IS GOING TO HAVE being BoA? Sure it will take some longer than others, but the free ring you get for crafting the inferno device is going to be in everyone's pockets within a few months. Or maybe you guys thought people would spend tens of millions of gold on a ring that they could get on their own with a few hours of work?

But, to be honest, I would even argue that items should be BoP in this game. At the moment there is nothing in the game that effectively removes good items from the pool of items. There are no ladder seasons/resets like in D2 that were effectively economy resets, in D3 the pool of items available to players to trade amongst each other just keeps getting bigger and bigger.
    Quote from Keiser

Quote from kilo56

When it comes to the NV stacks and skill swapping I see no problem with the way it is. If a champ pack gives you problems it isn't because of your skills it's because of your gear, plain and simple.

Wrong. Try playing a wizard against a fast jailer vortex frozen spider pack. Now try it with all skills available. Having the ability to switch to have a ton of escape abilities completely changes the game.

No longer do you have to make strategic choices in your build and create a balanced set of skills, just keep changing them until it works.

Should I remind you, PLAYERS asked for build permanence. PLAYERS were playing with the skill window open. Do you want to go back to playing with the skill window open?

They can have build permanence without causing players to play with the skill window open. I'm pretty sure at one point their plan was to make it so you could only switch skills while in town.

I actually like the NV system exactly the way it is and would be okay if it never changed, but I would also be okay with if they made it so players could change skills in town with no penalty (or lesser penalty, maybe you only lose one stack of NV). For many players who like to have longer grinding sessions they aren't going to be constantly changing skills with every elite pack, they will still look for optimal builds with the least skill switching down time. At the same time, it gives players a chance to switch to something more viable when facing a tough pack that kills them multiple times.
    Video was amazing! Loved watching and listening the actors doing Cain and Tyrael (all-time favorite character). But the biggest surprise was Leah!
    Bind on account. Rofl. Glad I stopped playing this game weeks ago.
    Quote from Keiser

Quote from kilo56

Keep in mind that there's still the skill swap delay. Nobody wants to have to switch constantly to clear content. D3 has undergone a big philosophy change since launch, moving away from high difficulty "you have to earn your progression" playthrough and towards fun farming with efficiency being the goal. Inferno being super hard was also done based on player demand and it ended up being a bad idea.

I'm undecided on this issue, but I do think it warrants revisiting with the current state of the game(after 1.0.5). Just last night I was doing an Act 3 clear while reworking my build to see what worked, and found it quite annoying that my farming was basically a wash due to the absence of NV.
    Quote from Keiser

Quote from kilo56

lMAO ARE YOU FOR REAL!? "
    No longer do you have to make strategic choices in your build and create a balanced set of skills " Okay. So you what the game to be Total Faceroll? Okay Baddie. Too bad for you and people like you thats not going to happen. Mabye you should trying having teleport in your build and stack some ViT and All resist. I know what i am talking about i have a paragon level 17 mage in hardcore.
    They should remove the loading bar to identify items and let it be instant ...

Better than that, they should add a button in the inventory that says "Identify all rares" ...

Its so frustrating to farm 3~4 full inventory of rares on Inferno, identify all those trash, sell all them to vendor because the roll is just kinda impossible ...

The idea of a button is nice ...

But better than that, these yellow trash should drop already identified ... less waste of time on trash

this game will not be as good as d2 was until blizz dont stop focusing in the rmah playing!
    runescape fire cape anyone? The question will be if it will be class specific, random roll, static stats or if I can get multiple. I wonder if it will have a random roll and need to destroy it (or trade it to another character on the account) to have the chance for a 2nd one. Similar to how a Annihilus or hellfire charm worked.
    Few things..

1. Bind on account is very very bad. Considering my one ring costs 50 mil, i have no chance of improving rings..
    2. They put so much time on voice acting but it's mainly so childish and badly executed.. all voice acting was done like for 8 year old kids.
    3. Skill swapping - no no no. Maybe 1 skill in 5 minutes in case you wanna try something new, but not free skills swapping or it will remove all customization.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.
    I am all for new architecture. This game doesn't seem to utilize its different tilesets very well when it comes to randomization. Especially since most of the unique tilesets are for above world, which are all static :/ Ughh their thought process on random was terrible for Diablo 3 ;_;
    Quote from Kblavkalash

Few things..
    2. They put so much time on voice acting but it's mainly so childish and badly executed.. all voice acting was done like for 8 year old kids.

It's well execute for the direction they were given, which I agree is dismal. Bad writing and terrible vision for the games mood and narrative. Makes me sad, really.
    • "players will be back in the game world in every corner to find to the mysterious clues and objects, and then piece together the challenges purgatory system."
    • "Purgatory device to challenge the players to have reached 60 to be eligible to enter. The official pointed out that this copy will be a completely new architecture, although there will be no new Boss and monsters"
    These two lines, specifically (I know its translated but still) the word "Purgatory" and "completely new architecture" makes me thing that once you unlock the new system, it will be somthing like an endless dungeon with randomly spawning super bosses.
    Purgatory Device is Infernal Machine in English. New map? Maybe. Endless dungeon? Don't get your hopes high.
    Clavdivs The God claims that changing a rune in the same skill shouldn't reset NV (though it will still suffer a cooldown), and changing entire skill or passive should reset it. i agree with him on this matter
    a reluctant follower of Clavdivs, The God balancing ideas. you can find more about it by visiting the following topic:
    http://www.diablofan...-future-patchs/

the website of Clavdivs:
    http://savediablo3.wix.com/diablo3#!home/mainPage
    Torchlight 2!!!!
    About the poll, Are these the same people that were complaining that they dont feel "locked into their skills enough"... i am confused by the voters of thesse polls
    Blizzard used to care about releasing Diablo III, then they all took an arrow in the knee...
    Quote from UberMey

BoA? hahahahha

all right .. Diablof warcraft even more now ... keep going on the RMAH plans ... first was paragon, now a few BoAs ...

somone need to fire those guys and find someone that true love diablo ...

Reading this was worse than reading the google translated article.
    i bet this new difficulty system will be fun
    Browser MMORPG Developer
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes