New Wiki Main Page (again)

Like so many times before it seems, the wiki" class="wiki-link">wiki"/> wiki has once again received a facelist. This was not planned to coincide with the forum change, but it seems a good time to implement it nonetheless.

The aim of the changes is to provide a look that utilizes the web space more efficiently by providing more relevant information more condensed than before, but at the same time trying not to sacrifice aesthetics to reach this goal.

If you see any errors that you suspect aren't intentional, or have any criticism to offer and/or changes you'd like to see, feel free to post them. And I hope you all enjoy the new layout.
    DiabloWiki.com - PlugY PlugY for Diablo II allows you to reset skills and stats, transfer items between characters in singleplayer, obtain all ladder runewords and do all Uberquests while offline. It is the only way to do all of the above. Please use it.

Supporting big shoulderpads and flashy armor since 2004.
    Hey my icon still made it! <3

I suppose this uses the space a bit more efficiently. The old one was fine though imo. :P
    "I want to say something but I'll keep it to myself I guess and leave this useless post behind to make you aware that there WAS something... "
    -Equinox

"We're like the downtown of the Diablo related internet lol"
    -Winged
    I had this random though pop into my head while viewing the main page of the wiki... why does it no have a direct link to the main page of diablo fans site? (sans the little link at the bottom where it has all the different curse sites)

I mean it has a little picture icon containing DiabloFans.com and under it links to recent new posts but no link to the main page.... the icon just links to the page where the picture is stored.

Am I just blind or what here?
    That's a very good point. I added a link and made the image direct here as well.
    DiabloWiki.com - PlugY PlugY for Diablo II allows you to reset skills and stats, transfer items between characters in singleplayer, obtain all ladder runewords and do all Uberquests while offline. It is the only way to do all of the above. Please use it.

I'm guessing the "Monsters" and "World" columns will get out of hand once we learn about other monsters/locations/bosses.
    Once we do we'll remove all the links to the regular monsters and act 1 regions currently listed. But since we have nothing else at the moment we're kind of just filling the space there for the time being.

I think it would be a good idea to embed youtube videos of the areas they showed off at blizzcon 2011
    Looks good (though the yellow text is a bit of an eyesore), is the site fully theme supportive now?
    e.g. if i wanted to use the white monobook style - would the site still look ok, or did people stick in fixed color fonts and background colors?

Looks good (though the yellow text is a bit of an eyesore), is the site fully theme supportive now?
    e.g. if i wanted to use the white monobook style - would the site still look ok, or did people stick in fixed color fonts and background colors?
    As far as I know, choosing any skins other than the custom Vector skin we use is disabled. But even if it were enabled colors have been specified across skins so it would look quite ugly I'm afraid :(

Nice wiki. Been a great source of information for me.

If I can make one suggestion about the mainpage. I would move the 2nd column (Lore) more to the right, between World and More perhaps. That way it's more consistent with the order the left menu is in. And that would also move Items and Monsters more to the left, which will be more visited at release I'm guessing.
    I shall purge this land of the shadow.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes