Developer Playtest With Travis Day! Tune in to DiabloFans' stream in less than 6 hours!

We're very proud to announce we'll be streaming out playtest session with D3's Game Designer Travis Day Live in less than 6 hours!

Tune in to our twitch channel later or follow us there so that you don't miss anything!

The stream will include me, MrMostrosity, Druin and Vicky who is our usual streamer. And - of course - Travis Day himself.

We'll try to keep the conversation casual, but if you have questions, let us know and we'll try to politely ask them ;)

Ha. Bagstone.

Ask him about Wings of Valor ;)
    Last edited by khanbg: 2/18/2014 2:29:59 PM
    One thing ive been thinking abit about today as i did my last stretch for para 300,

all legendarys are not created equal, thats for sure, and they donĀ“t all have the same droprate. thats sorta common knowlege at this point.

i mean you get about 500 andariels to a mempo in terms of drops, and with all items being account bound and the removal of the auction house, will this still be the case? its abit of a worry since some items are so rare you hardly ever see them. i mean in over 2k hours ive only found 1-2 calamitys and several hundred, if not thousands of dawns and balefires.
    Nice! Make sure to record this as it's the worst possible time frame for all of us in Europe ;-)

One thing Wyatt talked about extensively in the session with Jaetch was ladders/seasons, but they somehow managed to not touch the issue that keeps coming up almost every week on our forums: ladder-only items. Of course it's all still in the making and nothing has been decided yet, but it would be interesting to get Travis's stance towards ladder-only items, as they forced many people in D2 kinda into ladder. In particular the low-level runewords forced casuals into ladder, and casual players don't need the economy reset at all.
    Please ask him about the state of Legendary items without special affixes - are the affixes are supposed to be added before release, or are those items supposed to be the "mid-tier" between Rare items and special affixed legendaries?
    It would be cool if you could get an answer out of him if there is going to be more patches before 2.0.1 goes live.

ask him if they considered PvP thats seperate from main game, that way they can control the items we acquire and skills ,kind of like how weapons and perks work in the Cod games.

It's going to be fun! I'll do my best to collect a list of questions from this thread, Reddit, the official forums, and Twitter. I'll most likely be keeping an eye on my Twitter feed for questions during the stream (@MonstrousD3).
    Ask him about: When will we hear something new about Patch 2.0.1 - Tell him we really want it, and not 2 days before the release of RoS:)
    Last edited by ahlmo: 2/18/2014 3:30:21 PM
    Can you ask him if they are going to add a dmg reduction to Crusader similar to the one that Barbs and Monks have?Even if its lower than 30%,say 15% or something.

Thanks in advance :)
    Quote from MrMonstrosity

It's going to be fun! I'll do my best to collect a list of questions from this thread, Reddit, the official forums, and Twitter. I'll most likely be keeping an eye on my Twitter feed for questions during the stream (@MonstrousD3).

Monstrous if you don't mind them I may have some questions for you to present for Mr. Travis Day:

1. How do they see the current status of gear diversity in terms of the high-end itemization? What I mean's that do they think they have accomplished enough Game changing-legs and new items affixes so that not every single build will end up gravitating the same trifecta, main stat and AR, armor?

2. Do they think current character customization is good/sufficient? Does they have any plan to expand character building options with new systems such as the Paragon 2.0? Don't they think it's current status - Paragon 2.0- to be a little redundant? Do they have any plan to add some sort of customization towards skills; you know other then +%Damage?

Edit: I came with other stuff:

3. Why the current outcry over 2.0 hasn't been discussed with the beta community? Don't they think the development process should be more opened?

4. Why development philosophy over skills continue to nerf-bound, i.e., killing vanilla overpowered builds with we're going to end up in the same state of overpowered chars by the end of RoS cycle?
    Last edited by Ravlaor: 2/18/2014 4:26:17 PM
    Would love to know, do they intend to make Staffs more attractive in terms of quality and more importantly special legendary effects.

If feels like Staffs have been neglected for so long, infact most off them are pretty dire.

Gandalf had a Staff, for the love of God even Yoda had a staff, i want a staff too.

Thanks.

Peace

xxx
    Very nice :)

I'm sure Monstruous will ask it eventually, but could you please mention the state of Thorn in your playtest ? Are they happy with it or do they plan to buff it somehow (Iron maiden is terrible since the nerf)

thank you :)

Edit : also, do they plan to add Crusader sets ? every class seems to have 3 sets (2 specifics 1 strongly favorizing the class) but crusaders only have 1.
    Last edited by Gael40: 2/18/2014 4:47:56 PM
    Quote from Gael40

Very nice :)

I'm sure Monstruous will ask it eventually, but could you please mention the state of Thorn in your playtest ? Are they happy with it or do they plan to buff it somehow (Iron maiden is terrible since the nerf)

thank you :)

Thorns plss :)
    Please ask:

if itemization is done or if there will be more legendaries getting special affixes before launch.

if they are happy with the current rewards for playing harder difficulties.

if they are happy with the current legendary rate from blood shards.

if they balance loot acquisition around group play or solo play.
    Quote from Dutchequis

Please ask:

if itemization is done or if there will be more legendaries getting special affixes before launch.

if they are happy with the current rewards for playing harder difficulties.

if they are happy with the current legendary rate from blood shards.

if they balance loot acquisition around group play or solo play.

+1 It seems playing solo in T6 is almost impossible, but it's easy in coop. Groups are much much more efficient and even if you hate to play coop you are pretty much forced too :(
    I'd like to see any discussion on the two-hander vs. one-hander balance issue, the unequivocal dominance of emeralds in weapons, or the damage of generators vs. spenders.
    I'll defiantly try and tune in, have fun guys!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    I would really like to know anything about seasons, current state, plans etc and POST release plans for game.
    I'm not part of the barb QQ brigade but all the same, how do they feel about barb? Do they have any interest in increasing fury generated from primary attacks? I don't even care if Travis response is, "Fuck you, no." (Though that'd be hilarious.) Just like to hear a broader discussion on barb mechanics, etc, cause I'm a huge nerd.
    Last edited by IgnatiusReilly: 2/18/2014 5:11:02 PM
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes