I don't see cc mempos retaining their value

Quote from Stephenk291

I don't see the point on saving items to reroll once the mystic hits. They haven't said anything about the mystic coming with loot 2.0 nor do I believe it will.

They actually have said something about it. http://www.diablofans.com/blizz-tracker/topic/267968-the-new-expansion/ and what they say there is that they plan to hold the mystic back until the expansion, so you're right about it not coming with Loot 2.0.
    Quote from Tensor

I can get my Archon to 611k fully buffed with my current gear via re-rolling affixes (I've already decided which ones to re-roll and into what). Mystic has my thanks. :D

Quote from Zero(pS)

1 - Buy CC Mempos with 170-190 Int for lower prices...
    2 - Re-roll fixed stat using some Demonic Essences and gold...
    3 - Get 340 Int instead of 170...
    4 - Profit? :P

Profit? Well your char will be profitted by getting more DPS, you won't get gold. BoA lool.

However, better yet...
    1 - Buy non-CC Mempos with 250+ mainstat
    2 - Re-roll the random stat to CC
    3 - Roll unitl 6CC
    4 - BoA. Profit? :P

You do realize that (part of) the 250+ mainstat is the random property which you're going to remove?

I don't see the point to this thread. Why would any lvl60 item retain its value? Sure, some players might not buy the expansion and continue to use lvl60 stuff. But the majority will use new everything. At least, that's what I expect, given some experience with Blizzard ;)

edit:
    On a side note, do you remember how the Stone of Jordan in D2 not only retained its value but skyrocketed to a new top? Several aspects led to that:
    a)They did not release a better ring (for certain specs) with the expansion,
    b)pre expansion you could brute force yourself severals SoJs per day via gambling and on top of that they were heavily duped; post expansion they were extremely rare drops,
    c)Blizz had created a way to remove a lot of SoJs via the first Uber Diablo event.

I think, a) is repeatable, not with weapons, but maybe there is something unique which will compete with lvl 70 items.
    Quote from Solmyr77

You do realize that (part of) the 250+ mainstat is the random property which you're going to remove?

Uh... not really.

This is the highest Int/non-CC Mempo available right now on the GAH.

The random stat in here rolled Int+Vit instead of CC, which gives us the chance to re-roll the Vit to CC (unless there's something hidden in the game-code that remembers the stats which rolled doubly). See?
    "God? What's that?"
    Quote from Tensor

The random stat in here rolled Int+Vit instead of CC, which gives us the chance to re-roll the Vit to CC (unless there's something hidden in the game-code that remembers the stats which rolled doubly). See?

I doubt that they would let us split an affix, it'd be counter-intuitive and stupid. In that case however, why not give up 78 cold resistance ;)
    Quote from Solmyr77

I doubt that they would let us split an affix, it'd be counter-intuitive and stupid. In that case however, why not give up 78 cold resistance ;)

Let us split? Its already splitted. So it seems.

Its 78 All res, not Cold res. And they're not sure if they want us to re-roll fixed stats on Legendaries. That is currently in talks.
    "God? What's that?"
    Quote from Tensor

The random stat is Int/Vit.

What in the world would cause you to believe that you can reroll half of the stat? Of course the game keeps track of each of the individual rolls... otherwise enchanting wouldn't be possible.
    p450 :: 92.2k EK :: 2.54m TK
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)
    Quote from shaggy

Quote from Tensor

What in the world would cause you to believe that you can reroll half of the stat? Of course the game keeps track of each of the individual rolls... otherwise enchanting wouldn't be possible.

Obviously this.
    Now we know why Blizzard doesn't add more depth in their games
    Quote from maka

Quote from shaggy

Quote from Tensor

Obviously this.

Yes, now we know why Blizzard doesn't give more depth to its games...
    Quote from shaggy

Quote from Tensor

Can you explain to me what 1/2 a stat is versus a full stat? Are random stats considered only 1/2 a stat while cc, ias or cd is considered full? What about all resis vs a single resis?
    To me, getting a stronger char with an insane 350+ mainstat + 6%CC Mempo is profit :P

Also, I think if stats reach the 350-400 mark (as we have been shown they do), even the highest Int Mempo with 6%CC of today would fall flat compared to a 350-400 Int one.
    Quote from magnus214

Quote from shaggy

Quote from Tensor

Can you explain to me what 1/2 a stat is versus a full stat? Are random stats considered only 1/2 a stat while cc, ias or cd is considered full? What about all resis vs a single resis?

Is this a serious reply, or are you just trying to cause confusion?
    The original user quoted here said that he could get the mixed affix of int+vit to get extra int, and then re-roll the vit into CC. Well, you can't just re-roll the vit and leave the int because they're part of the same affix: int+vit. Vit is only "half the stat" in that mix.
    Thanks for clarifying. If I understand you correctly then I can buy this item which has all the great stats except movement speed.

ice climbers

240 st
    40 vit
    70 ar
    150 armor
    1500 melee damage
    8% cold damage reduc

I did a search and did find one with similar stats except instead of melee damage it has movement speed, so I can assume I can re-roll the melee damage for MS?

Another idea is getting a mempo with 190 main stat, life %, ar, and armor. I could re-roll the armor for cc since the main stat is the standard 170-200 roll.
    Quote from magnus214

Thanks for clarifying. If I understand you correctly then I can buy this item which has all the great stats except movement speed.

ice climbers

240 st
    40 vit
    70 ar
    150 armor
    1500 melee damage
    8% cold damage reduc

I did a search and did find one with similar stats except instead of melee damage it has movement speed, so I can assume I can re-roll the melee damage for MS?

Another idea is getting a mempo with 190 main stat, life %, ar, and armor. I could re-roll the armor for cc since the main stat is the standard 170-200 roll.

Well, I haven't seen the system, but yes, I think you are correct. Good luck getting that MS (or CC) roll, though. You're gonna need it :P
    Quote from magnus214

ice climbers

240 st
    40 vit
    70 ar
    150 armor
    1500 melee damage
    8% cold damage reduc

We do not know, precisely, if you will be guaranteed to be able to roll movement speed or not, but you WILL be able to select the thorns and reroll that to something else (presumably something that would not violate standard item generation rules).
    p450 :: 92.2k EK :: 2.54m TK
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)
    Quote from Tensor

Quote from Solmyr77

Uh... not really.

This is the highest Int/non-CC Mempo available right now on the GAH.

What he is explaining is the fact that, yes it rolled a Int + Vit affix, however, that is one affix. If you change that one "roll" - really the affix, you lose both not just one. You can't have your cake and eat it too. The vit + int is a married unit.
    Let me throw some logs into the fire :P

What if... what if... all the old Loot 1.0 items become "Legacy" items and cannot be enchanted? :D /discuss
    Quote from Zero(pS)

What if... what if... all the old Loot 1.0 items become "Legacy" items and cannot be enchanted? :D /discuss

It's possible, I suppose, although not something I'd enjoy.
    Quote from maka

Quote from Zero(pS)

I wonder, how many people around here do not have a WoW background. Epic lvl60 items got replaced on day ONE of The Burning Crusade and it was no different with other expansions. You all remember that 3k dps weapon from the preview? How do you think, we're transitioning to those?

Don't expect to use any of your current stuff in RoS ;)
    Quote from Solmyr77

Quote from maka

Quote from Zero(pS)

I wonder, how many people around here do not have a WoW background. Epic lvl60 items got replaced on day ONE of The Burning Crusade and it was no different with other expansions. You all remember that 3k dps weapon from the preview? How do you think, we're transitioning to those?

Don't expect to use any of your current stuff in RoS ;)

As long as the gear doesn't look anywhere near as bad as those day 1 quest greens in TBC, then I'll be happy =) MAN that was some ugly stuff.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    My thought exactly, that's why I sold all my gear for a nice profit when everybody was levling new classes for Paragon 2.0
    Prior to expansion day i'll just buy some crappy ass gear for 50k/a piece and replace them with nice, neat and ugly(?) RoS gear ;)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes