Loot 2.0, discovering its true potential.

Yes, yes, yes. All of this
    I can see what you see not. Vision milky, then eyes rot.
    When you turn, they will be gone. Whispering their hidden song.

Then you see what cannot be. Shadows move where light should be.
    Out of darkness, out of mind. Cast down into the Halls of the Blind
    I hope with new system can see drop a Mempo after 1400ph.
    I love these ideas!
    But the fix idea with enchanting is for me to calculable, i love more the random and gamble idea!

And i was wondering what you think of Systems like in a game called "Pylon" for win8 store? There is a System where you can consume the whole loot what dropped to get a maybe better item up to legendary depends on the quality and how many are there! But it works only with dropped items, not with items in the inventory or if they put out of it!

I think there should be more use for unwanted items not only to vendor, put in the AH or salvage them to get some crafting! I like the Idea that i can even consume a unwanted legendary to get maybe a different one! Some gamble with the loot would be n1!
    my two cents:
    1. new visual effects are always appreciated, but item drop effects are good the way they are (except maybe set items could have a green beam)
    2. strongly agree, that legendaries should not be included in the transmogrification system if it gets introduced
    3. i like the idea of multiple type of crafting reagents e.g. brimstones split up into like 4 types keeping the original fiery brimstone ofc. now given, that the drop rates of rare items will be cut in favor of improving their overall quality (hopefully finally we will get a sensible system, where an ilvl63 item cannot roll 33% all resistance and ilvl62 rings do not spawn with 2 affixes), i would risk adding a reasonable chance (5-10% depending on how hard drop rates will be cut) for rare items to salvage into a random type of brimstone. if not for anything else, it would make picking up all rare items seem worthwhile again. in my imagination these 4 types of brimstones will be used for re-rolling rare item affixes and each of them will be used to improve different group of affixes (stat, damage, mitigation, and whatever doesnt fall into the first 3 cathegories :) )
    4. and we arrive to re-rolling. i think one must tread carefully here. i'd draw 2 baselines: 1. you can only (re-)roll the affixes that are originally present 2. you should by no means automatically get a guaranteed step up, or maximum or whatnot, what re-rolling should do is take a single affix and roll a random number ranging from the base value to the maximum that item class/lvl will allow. the only guarantee you should get, is that it isnt going to be worse than before. like a 6% IAS ilvl62 ring will roll a number between 6 and 9. needless to say, once you start shaping the item, it should become account bound. there's room for giving different affixes different costs ofc, and also some restrictions may apply as in you can only try to upgrade each affix one time only.
    it is imperative in my oppinion, that legendaries should remain untouched.
    5. i liked the idea of the staff of herding, how it is assembled using components, so my idea is that random unique monsters should be more than just achievments. they should have a chance of dropping one of their organs, or objects or something that could be assembled into unique items. the dropped organ would have 2 predefined affixes depending on who dropped and what and 3 organs would make up an item making a lot of combinations possible. would that make quite a lot of people go on a unique hunt? possibly, but whatever gives you the most fun :) or you could dumb it down and make only the 3 types of organs of the same unique monster combinable
    6. MF: i think what the OP wrote is far from viable, but in my oppinion a global hard cap which includes both MF from items and MF from Paragon and MP would do just fine. in fact they could keep the current 625% and let players decide how they want to get there. apparently the multiplayer bonus should not be included, moreover it should be boosted to 25%/player giving a proud new absolute maximum of 700. also it would serve as a new way of faster character improvement as now low level characters will have more chance to find good items to advance to higher levels instead of just grinding mp5 until you get to P100 if they stack some MF. heck, i have seen P100 players, that are still grinding mp7 because they cant go any higher. and while we are at it make the MF rolls on items same as gold. MF on items does deserve a bit of boosting
    7. global paragon system is not a good idea, whatever that might entail. unless its like a global 25% MF/GF bonus or something for your account. (and each time you reach P100, you will again be rewarded with 25% MF/GF for a total of 250%/account :)) just joking there)
    Gaining even more power from pure luck? (Achievements) , Nah.

Removing magic find instead of refining it as a loot vs power balance?, Nah

Constantly using d2 vets as the only valid player wants? , Nah

Rewarding players an insane amount to play mp 10, which is just suppose to be more of a difficulty level than a (mp10 or nothing), nah

It's bad enough the amount of barbs and cm wizards that roll sololy because they feel like mp10 is the only true test of power and skill, and loot, yet are playing the most powerful builds that lack real positional awareness.

A belt that allows a 2handed weapon in each hand? Great, A MUST have belt so you can wield TWO skorns. Yeah, Fun...

Yes, there are some decent thoughts, but nothing I haven't thought of myself or heard already. A lot is just a mess.
    Quote from Plocer

Rewarding players an insane amount to play mp 10, which is just suppose to be more of a difficulty level than a (mp10 or nothing), nah

It's bad enough the amount of barbs and cm wizards that roll sololy because they feel like mp10 is the only true test of power and skill, and loot, yet are playing the most powerful builds that lack real positional awareness.

A belt that allows a 2handed weapon in each hand? Great, A MUST have belt so you can wield TWO skorns. Yeah, Fun...

Yes, there are some decent thoughts, but nothing I haven't thought of myself or heard already. A lot is just a mess.

Awesome post.
    i see all this crazy good ideas from people, but yet it's taking months for blizzard to realize that we need somthing new right now, and not in 6 months or so

Anyway this is some very good ideas you got there and keep it up!
    Quote from Plocer

Ermagherd 4% more damage to two handed swords. Too strong.

They supposedly already "removed" magic find with Paragon levels, so this is really just another take on that issue.

This argument has some merit, but it's not like the OP said "only D2 vets should matter". The ideas are just to add some more homage to a game people remember fondly.

This is a skill and class balance issue. Barbarians and Wizards can do so well because of the ability to tap on nearly infinite resources and insane survivability (either through perma-disables or immunity to disables). The suggestion is mostly about loot.

"Lack real positional awareness"? Please, link me to a video of you playing MP 10 on hardcore (or on softcore without 50B gold in gear) and not having to have "positional awareness". It even changes when you're facing Health Link, or ranged AI mobs, or Vortex/Arcane in a cave.

A 2 handed weapon in one hand. I would presume it would be only for the main hand. Otherwise people could have 600% crit damage only from weapons alone.
    So when is blizzard employing you >.>
    Incredible ideas were presented here. Blizzard should take note of them.

Very Good work MrMonstrosity!!
    Quality post, well thought out. Hats off to you sir. +1
    I like it, but I also don't know where the gold for all this is going to come from.

Everything costs millions of gold to buy and (potentially craft).

Playing MP8 plus and WW speed farming like a mad man I still only make like 500k in ... a few hours?

Do you know how long it would take to make that amount of money?

Why not add to this proposal an increase in gold which drops for those who actually farm and don't play the AH?

That way the economy would actual move a bit more.
    I think the Mystic should consume mostly Demonic Essences and/or Organs, and/or other new materials (probably from the very hard levels of Endless Dungeons), otherwise that will be almost pay2win again. Hundreds of millions are way too much for most of the players, rather demand 10-20-40-60-80-100 DE and your new mats for each serious action she does (Add property/Change property/Increase stat).
    When you want to improve an average item to top tier, it should need ~a thousand DEs, but the better base item you have, the less DEs/gold/mats you need to improve it to top tier.
    To have a top tier full gear from average, player should need 13 * ~1.000 DEs. Multiply it by 5, if you play 5 classes...
    This is a good post but this is a message for the guy who made this: Don't waste your time giving great ideas to Blizzard, they just will do whatever they think "its fun" for then, believe me, they just destroy Diablo saga and they keep doing it.
    Quote from Stephenk291

I think its a mixture of good and bad ideas..as well as ones they just won't implement now or at least until the expansion. Blizzard has to make money so you won't see some obvious enhancements or big changes made into the game at this point I'd wager (adding the mystic in and big crafting changes). I think some of your more subtle changes are fine such as the changing drop rates and their associated graphic beams. The achievement for collecting things isn't a bad idea however they would have to restrict trading unidentified items otherwise that achievement would be pretty easy to complete..even if it just a modest 4% dmg buff.

I think using the unique spawns for a greater picture is certainly worth looking into so I'm fine with using them for crafting materials..but I wouldn't want TOO many crafting materials as per your 81 unique monster count.

I do however think that people get too up in arms about having an end game.. Diablo 2's end game would have been ubers..and diablo 3's is essentially the same thing with getting your ring.

Diablo 3 isn't supposed to have a definitive end game and time sink..because farming and killing mobs is your time sink.

The biggest problems I feel Diablo 3 has even more so than itemization is
    • stupid fucking quest based games.
    • lack of any sort of pvp (current one is garbage) They need to increase public game sizes and allow for world based pvp..This would require either making specific areas pvp friendly..or making the starting areas larger since most people would prefer to dual directly outside of town.

I have seen mentioned a few times that the "finding legs" for achievements wont work because people will trade unid but it's very simpe to have the achevement triggerd only when a monster (or chest) drop the item this way only finding it yourself will work and you dont cause trade problems by having to iD the item.

Also some saying this wont fix anyting etc etc, there are many thread devoted to those topics this pos is all about making the game awsome after some of theose problems are sorted.

Great post once again specificly I like the legs achievements very much.
    Quote from CandiruDR

This is a good post but this is a message for the guy who made this: Don't waste your time giving great ideas to Blizzard, they just will do whatever they think "its fun" for then, believe me, they just destroy Diablo saga and they keep doing it.

It's more of a hobby for me right now. Diablo III is fun, but I've had more fun lately coming up with ideas or solutions to try and make the game better. I'm just glad people like it, or at least stirs up talks about what people would like changed. Right now the official forums are littered with awful and meaningless posts. However, if you look at the topic regarding this post there's now a constructive thread going on with why my ideas are good, bad, or can even be improved on. That's what I want to see.

Even if it these didn't get much attention I'd still make make posts like these, it helps feed some of my creativeness and my passion for gaming.
    Great ideas. However, I'm kind of tired of these kind of posts, since Blizzard is not showing any kind of interest.

Remember the developer journals?, or wtv that was called... *sigh*.
    I wonder why Blizzard don't check fans Ideas.... It's was FUCKING awesome !!!!!!!!!!
    I appreciate all the work you put in to make this post. While there is some of it that I do not agree with, I truly enjoyed reading your ideas.

For me, D2 was great because you could bang out a few MF runs in a short amount of time. I can't even tell you how many times I would be up in the morning and realize I had 15 minutes before I needed to leave. That was enough time for me to do a handful of mephy/pindle runs before I needed to leave. I actually found things, useful things. I did not feel that I had wasted my time.

In D3, I would not bother to log in for only 15 minutes. By the time I reached my 5 stacks of NV and killed a few packs it would be time to go. Your idea to tie MF completely to NV, and have it stack to 50, would make it to where playing is only worthwhile if you can dedicate a couple of hours.

Being able to play here and there, whenever I could, was a big deal for D2. D3 is pulling away from that, but putting your idea in to the game would effectively end my D3 playing days.

I am fine with the paragon levels going account wide. I would love to be able to play my classes based on how I feel that day, not which one has the higher paragon level. Which is what you wanted to do with your system, but at the expense of being able to play for short amounts of time.

So again, thank you for making this thread. Thank you for your hard work, and I think most of your ideas are spot on.
    I definitely enjoyed reading this, as I did your other threads.

The idea you have for your Gold Sink feels very Pay to Win, even though it's not the Auction House. You can simply find an item with the 6 affixes you want, and just upgrade it to perfection. That changes the hunt for items to be a "I found a perfect Mempo's for my [class]!" to "I found a Mempo's with the stats I want for my [class], lets go max it now!". You'll stop looking for items a lot quicker, and stop playing the game to enjoy the hunt for items as upgrades. Granted, there does still need to be a Gold Sink that isn't gems, but I don't think this is it.

The other thing I'm not a fan of is the way you suggest changing MF. Right now, I agree that being tied to a single character for MF sucks. Making it require that many additional stacks on lower MP would basically mean we run whole acts and not get to the cap. And since every other form of MF would have been removed, this is even worse than the current system in my opinion. At most, I play on MP4, so it'd take me 125 elite pack kills (not including item bonuses to increase stack gains) to cap out. I'm fairly certain I don't kill that many packs before I'm satisfied with an act, so I'd never get max MF and it would take even longer to gear up. I prefer a system that will reward you more for doing something that is more difficult. Although, I don't think it's more "difficult" in this game, it's something that hits harder and takes longer to kill. If there were new, challenging mechanics as you went up in MP, then it'd be more difficult. Right now, it's the same difficulty, just bigger numbers. I'd say go for something that's the same, as you suggest, across all MP for MF, but leave the increased drop rates for everything related to MP the same (keys, hellfire ring parts, etc) so that there's still a reason to play on higher MP
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes