Patch 1.0.9 Preview, a dream...

A phrase blizz has been using it again and again is this:- "We're Listening."

After seeing thousands of ideas like this one being ignored and adding crappy ideas like those silly yellow squares above the banners in the PTR,i have come up with an accurate phrase for blizz to use:- "We're listening.Just not acting along it."

Seriously if anyone has read the "Ask the Devs" Q and As then you must have seen a certain pattern in their answers.It goes something like,"Uhmmm yeah thats a pretty good idea but we don't feel its suited for diablo 3.We'll definitely discuss it.Keep up the feedback :)."

Seriously if your dream came true monstrosity it would be great.

And even i had thought about the trading post after playing a certain pokemon game(Pokemon Crater and Pokemon Vortex) but i knew that no one was going to listen so i didn't bother making a thread about it. :P

Very good patch.
    Grinding Gear Games (Company that produced POE): "These are great Ideas, we will use them for sure as they are clearly what the player base is looking for."

Blizzard: "While we agree that this game needs re-working and that these ideas could help the future of this game, we have no plans to listen to our fan-base at this time."

http://s1332.photobucket.com/user/Tester_3211/media/Diablo3devs_zpscc5fbac9.jpg.html?state=replace
    Quote from DreamWalker

Quote from FuriousBalls

It's sad that people on the forums got million times better ideas then people in Blizzard who are payed for ideas.
    Great post man, keep it up.

So because i'm payed to get ideas, they have to be better than free ones.... ???

Your logic is flawed

edit: Great post though, try and make sure it gets enough attention :)

Of course they have to be better.Hence the payment.I thought that went without saying?!?
    Grinding Gear Games (Company that produced POE): "These are great Ideas, we will use them for sure as they are clearly what the player base is looking for."

Blizzard: "While we agree that this game needs re-working and that these ideas could help the future of this game, we have no plans to listen to our fan-base at this time."

http://s1332.photobucket.com/user/Tester_3211/media/Diablo3devs_zpscc5fbac9.jpg.html?state=replace
    Amazing read. Thanks for that.

Most of it is obviously based on what we know they're doing already (the Legendary patch) or has been suggested before (the Mystic), but the dungeon part is really interesting.

I'd definitely love to see some incentive to go "exploring" a dungeon. Having it possibly be of higher Monster Power isn't ideal imho, though; because sometimes I'm already playing at my limit (MP 7-8) and having a dungeon go higher than that AND have a buffed "boss" would simply make me look at it and go "meh".

Now having them be slightly bigger, and have better monster density, as well as maybe the number of elites in it beforehand would be great. I'd love to see dungeons that randomly have a 3rd or 4th Level with 2-3 resplandecent chests (to make us go derper deeper).

Quote from Flexy

Your post reads like a feature list for the expansion, not a simple patch :P

But we can always hope :)
    Great post damn shame it's not on the front page coming "soon".

The dungeon idea would probly need some work but the general theme with random variable places and difficulties (Tho as Zero(pS) says you would not go in a very hard one unless there was good reason).

Making that reason viable to all mp levels:

For example some certain imbule used for the mystic drops in all difficulties (in the random dungeons) but the higher lvl the better the quality.

Lets say ias improved on weapon - level 1mp version adds 1 ias 20mp (only found in mp 10) adds 20 ias and everything inbetween.

Please post some more "dream" updates.
    I hope this is a joke. Trading post is the worst idea ever.

We should be glad that we actualy have a currency that is somewhat valuable and actualy USABLE as a currency. Having to make up your own currency as in D2 ( Soj's, then runes ) is a major pain in the ass and anyone who would like to have that back obviously did not trade enugh in D2 to realise what a pain it was.

Some of the other ideas may be good, but the trading post idea. OMG NO WAY IN HELL !

Also, you r claim that the trading post would increase player interaction is not true, It's just another anonimous trade window, you just removed the currency and moade it more complicated.

Edit : actualy, I dont like the mystic idea either. It's just another gold sink. Gold sinks are great for Blizzard and for keeping ah-prices in check, but me as a player, i'd rather not have to spend more gold.

About the only idea I find interesting is improving the dungeons and itemisation. The rest has been discussed before and neither me nor the blizzard game design team seem to like it.
    Quote from Bagstone

Quote from FuriousBalls

It's sad that people on the forums got million times better ideas then people in Blizzard who are payed for ideas.

Just wanna mention that many of the ideas have been mentioned (itemization, crafting) or have been implemented and taken out before (Mystic) and I'm pretty sure we'll see them - though probably not in the next patch, but in the expansion.

It's much much easier to come up with some ideas than to actually implement them and make sure they are balanced such that they steer the game into the right direction. For example, the Mystic idea is awesome, but Blizzard decided to take it out for a reason.

That being said, great ideas, though this will stay a dream for 1.09, this is too much work to implement just for a patch (wouldn't mind though if I'll be wrong here ;-)).

I'm a programmer and application developer myself and indeed everything is way too simple to implement if you have right and experienced people for that.

Diablo 3 engine is way too great not to accept changes and easy management, on the other hand if it's not like that, then they should blame the programmers who made it that way.

Quote from DreamWalker

Quote from FuriousBalls

So because i'm payed to get ideas, they have to be better than free ones.... ???

Your logic is flawed

edit: Great post though, try and make sure it gets enough attention :)

Designers, art designers, game developers and designers are payed because of their creativity and imagination, therefor they are payed and brought to a certain point to provide people with something that will make us have fun.

There's nothing wrong with my logic, seams your IQ is way too low to realize that.
    I really like the idea of an elixer that could buff certain things like MF or Dodge chance. As long as its account bound. I would hate it to be used as an AH flippers dream item.

Also items like a Brimstone type that were ultra rare but you could vendor for gold would be good.

Maybe Items like weapons that you have kills with could gain additional stats like an extra cc% for 5000 elites killed

Overall a really good post. Shame you cant post images on the official forums..... wouldn't even bother anyway bunch of idiots on the official forums running free with no mods.

If anyone from Blizzard actually reads this you could learn alot
    You have my vote on this!

MrMonstrosity For President!
    **Farming is my life**
    Some pretty good ideas there, though I'm not sure about the trading post. The mystic will likely be an expansion feature, but the idea of making items tinkered with account bound is a pretty good way of removing them from the economy. I like the idea about the elixirs, but think that rather than making them from brimstones, standard salvage mats and a gold price, maybe even a gem, would be adequate. Brimstones could always be used for a higher tier or top quality potions (longer duration or higher buff range).

Still by far the best section to me was:

"Promoting exploration and Adding Excitement
    You call that a dungeon? This is a dungeon!"

I really love this idea! A random spawned dungeon somewhere in the act with an increase loot drop chance/exp gain etc. Brilliant! It's probably the best solution for making people explore different areas I think rather than farming the same routes over and over. Put 2 or 3 of these special dungeons in an Act though so that people don't quit as soon as they've found one. It gives a really good incentive to play an act from start to finish, or at least search through and find it from the last quest.

By far an awesome enough suggestion that I think it should go on the official site. If so, post and a like and you'll get a thumbs up from me!

Nice job on the work and level of detail that's gone into the ideas and the post ;)
    "It takes a man with real heart...to make beauty out of the stuff that makes us weep." - Clive Barker
    Swap AH´s for Trade post. No thanks!
    Wouldn´t mind it if it was parallel to the Ah´s, but I doubt Blizz would spend time on adding another way of trading before other issues are fixed.

The other things sounds a lot better.
    Mystic upgrading/rerolling making items BoA with BoA crafting materials that's either dropped by monsters or got by salvaging sounds nice.

Making random dungeons more rewarding and worth making an effort to find is nice too. Not sure if random extra MP is good though, might turn out to be a reason to skip them. Either because you are already pushing it so it would be to hard or for the very well equipped players they would only hunt for the ones with extra MP and skip those that don't have it.

Still well enough thought out to be a good starting point for discussion and perhaps idea starter for blizz
    Awesome ideas, hope some do get picked up, although i really doubt AH will ever go away.
    Those Who Do Not Know True Pain Cannot Possibly Understand True Peace...
    Quote from zimira

This. I think (RM)AH is one of the best parts of D3.
    -Ash
    The Trading Post is a very good idea. I actually thought of the same when D3 was announced instead we got this lousy AH...

Unfortunately I don't think any of this will make it in the next patches. I bet they will introduce several new legendarys which will outgear all other items and that's it. Or if they really buff all Legs they will nerf the droprates to pre 1.0.3 level so only people like Moldran have a chance to find them.
    "'d definitely love to see some incentive to go "exploring" a dungeon. Having it possibly be of higher Monster Power "

This one i love!! It is a bit like D2, some places that you did not reallygo until you had really good gear!! But then in D2 you were punished if you did die.. also something that could be brought back into the game.

Another thing about RMAH. I strongly vote that any item bought at RMAH should get a Stamp on it so it could be selected away on certain rankings for example diabloprogess. Since i do consider RMAH a lame way to progress.
    **Farming is my life**
    The trading post would be a great idea in an ideal world, but I can't even imagine all the spam and griefing it would create.

Otherwise, great post, I loved how well you imitated Blizzard's phrasing ! It must have been hard sometimes to dilute so much all the things you had to say :)
    Loved most of the ideas but seem too much for a single patch, but I'd like to have these solutions implemented in 2-3 consecutive patches.

The mystic idea is really appealing and it would benefit the economy by reducing the number of items in the AH.
    Great ideas, game really need some more depth. I hope you get the attention you deserve on the official forums.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnG8QgkcAdA
    Has anyone copied this thread to the official forum??? If not let me know and I will do so. Please and thank you. This guy deserves a blue comment or 10.
    Quote from Ashes

Quote from zimira

This. I think (RM)AH is one of the best parts of D3.

Wow. I'd love to hear what you consider the worst parts of D3.
    To the OP:

First off, I must say, I love the vigor in your approach on things. Just got done with the "Trading Post" section, while I have issues with it (thought of the idea too) Just nice to see more thought in a proper layout manor. I will read more later off work time : )

BUT...

My issues with the removal of the Gold AH, and followed by the removal of the RMAH with the continual notion of "Pay to Win" as the sole reason is kind of drawn out and really not applicable anymore. Without getting into too much detail I say, Why take away more things? We've had so much taken away from announcement to release why continue the trend?

***If people want to spend their money, go ahead.
    ***If people want to buy stuff via Gold, fine with that.
    ***If people feel happy enough to trade item(s) for item(s) be happy my friend!

​It's all how we want to play the game, PvE is not competitive (at least official means) and any issues it may cause has to be addressed by blizzard and is much, if not more of the lack of other in-game systems than the AH(s) themselves. All these systems are truly "uncomfortably" tightly sewn together.

All the issues this game has right now boils down to:

Only a select amount of build per class work [ BECAUSE ] the classes for all the improvements lack a true sense of definition from each other as far as unique abilities and [ WHICH IS NOT IMPROVED ] by the lack luster itemization [ THAT LEADS TO ] only a few good items, and EVENTUAL ]economy inflation and increasing gear gap among the high tier and low tier players because...

Efficiency rules all!

Going back to, "Pay to Win as the sole reason is kind of drawn out and really not applicable anymore." is because with the BoA Gear and hopeful bearing of "Good fruit" in 1.0.9, the Gear Gap has gotten smaller. Blizzard is getting there, let us not throw out the baby with Blizzard's bath water so quick!

So, onward to improving and making the "Trading Post" idea actually functional, not a Pipe Dream:

First:

Gold is important, even if it's value is inflated. To casually just get rid of it (like I said, did't read much after first section do to work) leads to a few issues:

How will we repair?
    How will we craft?
    How will we get some of the patterns that are merchant sold, not dropped?

Keep gold in, but tweak it to fit the Trading Post needs.

Second:

If you can't make the Trading Post listing easier than going to D2JSP, then don't do it at all. This is honest and true, but sets up the best way to do this type of barter system.

The Trading Post (Revised)

You get an item, say a top tier Ice Climbers, but INTEL is main stat and you need DEX. You go to the Trading Post, which is set up exactly like the AH, but one key difference. The window where you input you item is there, but beneath it, you have a drop down, or several where you do the following:

A) Drop Down One - Select Amor place (Torso, Boots, Legs, etc.) We will pick BOOTS

B.) Drop Down Two (Optional) - Select a named Armor Piece (Fire Walkers, Ice Climbers, etc.) We will pick ICE CLIMBERS, but can leave blank for ANY boot item that matches up.

C.) Fill in fields - This is where you'll fill in the MINIMUM VALUE for each affix of the item.

D.) Magic Property Drop Downs - If an item has Magic Properties, you'll go through a list (that lists only what it could have) and fill in MIN Values again.

***Like I said, Blizz can give us 1-3 "Requested items" per item we put up, and like you said have in-game notifier for accepting a trade.
    ***You can search by what YOU want, or by placing in an item and sing what you can get for it. Nice, simple, effective!
    ***The person posting a trade would pay the "Merchant Value" of the item per day to have I posted, a small fee, but got to have something, and this would make it easy. Have it paid at midnight (server time) so it's all good.

I love some of the ideas, and give the OP props for well layout thread, if not perfect, but for someone taking time building up the game, not just knocking it down!!!!!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes