What would you like to see next patch?

Proper randomization. Currently Diablo 3 is 95% static and 5% random. It should be 95% random and 5% static.

Take a leaf outta Diablo 1's book.

Everyone (especially random players in the official forums) seems to be scratching their heads, wondering why Diablo 3 was such a flop. They say it's lack of PvP, or the fault of the AH. It's neither of those. It's level randomization. Until the randomization issue is fixed, Diablo 3 will continue to be a sub-par game.
    Also, I really want to see an "add sockets" quest. Please oh please let us just add one socket.
    Crafting rework. Why? crafting sucks. Badly.

Idea of +1 skill slot is quite nice i think. but the outcome of that is a big mystery.

Quest system. Common, who likes that? Setting those quest again and again is so annoying. Diablo 2 game questing and instancing was waaaayyyy better. Why people should repeat those quest 16113234831.5 times?

4 player game. thats to low.. make it at least 6.. or 8 like diablo 2.

pvp is ofc much expected.

infinite dungeon idea is also nice, if its rewarding enough ^^

reworking of some skill runes. blizz lied about every rune changing the skill. some of the runes are so alike. moar build diversity? YES please, im sick of ww barbs..

EDITED:

oh yeah, recoloring legendaries. please........

and buff some crappy legendaries, could also increase build diversity!
    A lot of things could make this game 10 times better.

But, almost every damn thing that cross my mind that could be improved/changed goes against the mandatory use of the AH, and that, obviously, goes against Acti-Blizzard's number one priority.
    Quote from Crateme

Proper randomization. Currently Diablo 3 is 95% static and 5% random. It should be 95% random and 5% static.

Everyone (especially random players in the official forums) seems to be scratching their heads, wondering why Diablo 3 was such a flop. They say it's lack of PvP, or the fault of the AH. It's neither of those. It's level randomization. Until the randomization issue is fixed, Diablo 3 will continue to be a sub-par game.

I fully agree with this dude.
    I like the idea of a 7th skill slot being added to RMB and LMB and 1-4. However, I think this skill slot should be locked to 3 new skills that each class would get with 1.0.6. These skills would be powerful buffs that would benefit both solo and group play with longer cooldowns, something like 2-3 minutes. I play a demon hunter so something with options for the new skill slot like this might work.

1. your next 5 shots/hits have a 100% crit chance and double crit damage
    2. your next 5 shots/hits restore 8% of your health
    3. double all damage you and allies do for 10 seconds but you (not your allies) lose all resistances and 50% armor for 10 seconds

These would all apply to people that you're playing with so there could be some strategy involved in choosing cooldowns when fighting tough packs or bosses. If monks were given skills for this new slot like "reduce the damage you and your allies take by 20% for 5 seconds", the demon hunter could use the skill to double all damage done by everyone for 10 seconds and not have to worry as much about getting one-shot while his resistances are down.

I'm a fan of anything promoting group play and I think these skills would help with that and just provide more interesting choices. I would also not be opposed to them adding a way to join public games with monster power enabled. They would need a safe guard to make sure people with bad gear were not jumping into MP8 games, so maybe something like gearscore requirements like the have in WoW for queing for dungeons would work. I can run MP4 pretty efficiently and would love to join public games, but losing that MF and GF really stinks. Even if my theoretical gearscore only allowed me to join MP2 public games, I would still do it to have some fun rather than be stuck joining public games without monster power.
    Quote from EnzoMustang

I agree with Zero totally.
    Also, while we are talking about thorn att, the thorn mantra skill for monk definitely need to be reworked...Hell, all mantra skills need to be reworked so that I can finally see monk players use something else other than the OP Overawe mantra...(+24% damage, +48% at peak).

True. Overwae is another "no brainer" cookie cutter skill. It simply takes a pretty useful aura, and doubles it (no meme intended).

No Monk with the proper defenses (which should be elsewhere and not really the mantra) would give up a near permanent +48% bonus to all dmg done by him and his party. The other runes can't even compete with Overawe.

Overawe needs an obvious tweaking to more reasonable numbers, and other Mantras need a decent buff to be contenders (specially the dodge and healing mantras, not their runes - some of them are actually fine).

Mantra of Retribution simply needs more interesting runes (and maybe even active effects) and its useful +attackspeed one to be buffed to compete with Conviction.

Even at its full effect (80% dmg suffered is reflected) assuming a high 80k HP character, you'd have to lose most of your HP bar to deal 64k dmg, and that's spread out amongst enemies. You'd need to lose your whole HP bar at least 100 times to deal 640k dmg, also spread out, that's what a well-geared crit Monk can deal in a couple seconds by attacking.

It's a Mantra that, technically speaking, punishes you for having decent dmg mitigation/defenses. Btw, I've tried it. My Monk had a shitload of Vit and +life%, over 110k HP and a ton of life on hit (3k~). It still couldn't kill things even on Act 2 (patch 1.0.4). Yeah, I'm a hipster.

Quote from Crateme

I think if they give us enough incentives to actually go through the random dungeons and less popular areas (aka Highlands in Act 1, Sewers and first Desert in Act 2, mini-dungeons Dungeons in Act 3/4) this should be fine. Some people really dislike the absolute random nature of the game (see all the complaints about drop quality, legendaries and crafting being useless), we all like to have some sort of control.

They've definitely done stuff to improve this problem in the last patch, imo - so we're moving to the right direction.

We get NV from events now, so doing these is actually pretty efficient time-wise. Resplandecent Chests give NV AND good loot now, so exploring dungeons feels pretty good as well. And the Hellfire Ring "quest" encourages exploring less popular areas. All they need to do imo is improve the other less popular areas (that I previously mentioned for instance)
    They need to rework the Critical Hit Damage stat, and everything associated with it.

In order to do well at higher MP levels, you need to be dealing high amounts of damage. As it stands, the only way to do this is to have a large critical hit chance and critical hit damage. Because of the shear OP of Emeralds in weapons, the three classes that can dual-wield weapons (Demon Hunters, Barbarians, Monks) can quite easily get 400%+ critical hit damage by using two one-handed weapons with sockets and critical hit damage. Witch Doctors and Wizards can only use off-hands which do not allow for boosts in Critical Hit Damage, and socketing off hand items only gives a relatively small boost to a stat.

I think it could be as simple as making off-hand items (Quivers, Shields, Mojo's) able to roll Crit Damage, and give them the same socketing rewards as weapons. It still doesn't change the fact that given you can quite easily get 50% crit chance, Crit builds are the way to go, but it's a start.
    Quote from pernunz

They need to rework the Critical Hit Damage stat, and everything associated with it.

In order to do well at higher MP levels, you need to be dealing high amounts of damage. As it stands, the only way to do this is to have a large critical hit chance and critical hit damage. Because of the shear OP of Emeralds in weapons, the three classes that can dual-wield weapons (Demon Hunters, Barbarians, Monks) can quite easily get 400%+ critical hit damage by using two one-handed weapons with sockets and critical hit damage. Witch Doctors and Wizards can only use off-hands which do not allow for boosts in Critical Hit Damage, and socketing off hand items only gives a relatively small boost to a stat.

I think it could be as simple as making off-hand items (Quivers, Shields, Mojo's) able to roll Crit Damage, and give them the same socketing rewards as weapons. It still doesn't change the fact that given you can quite easily get 50% crit chance, Crit builds are the way to go, but it's a start.

You can very easily get above 400% without dualwielding. My barb is at ~450% crit dmg with a two hander.

My wish list for D3;

Other gems / jewels with more stats to put into sockets.
    Public games list
    Ability to check off an option making every WP for every act available in one game, and having every boss and miniboss up.
    There's still a lot of legendaries that just suck no matter their rolls, and I'd love to be able to use other legendaries without taking a 50k + dps loss.
    I'm in all legendaries except for 1 ring. PLEASE for the love of god let my dye my red boots, black shorts and blue chest. I look goofy as balls.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    Quote from Zero(pS)
    Some people really dislike the absolute random nature of the game (see all the complaints about drop quality, legendaries and crafting being useless), we all like to have some sort of control.

I'm talking about level randomness, not items. If some people dislike level randomness then:

1. They're playing the wrong game.
    2. Level randomness has not been done correctly and they would like it more if it had been done correctly.

For instance, you may not like dungeon randomness because it leads to dead ends. However this should not happen. There shouldn't be extensive dead ends, because there should be ways and means of going "beyond" the dead end. Such as:

1. Being able to knock a bit of wall down to progress further (more randomized level beyond)
    2. Having a trapdoor or cave entrance nearby, allowing you to progress deeper.
    3. A rockworm (assuming Act 2/3) attacking and leaving behind a hole after you defeat it.
    4. Turn progression into a randomized event even, have a locked door that requires a set of two/three keys from the nearby area.

The reason Blizzard spent so much time developing Diablo 3 is because they completely focused on the wrong thing. They focused on making everything static. Had they spent more time developing better random level generators, they could have made the engine do all the hard work for them in the long run.
    there are some really great ideas inside this thread. oh god please make Jay make some use of them... pleaaaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee.........
    I'd like to see:

-Fiery Brimstone sink.
    -Crafting useful again.
    -Less set (green) items dropping - but since theres no separate roll on them, i guess just less legendaries in general
    -More interesting follower items (special stats on them that benefit you directly)
    -Legendaries dyeable
    -Uber Diablo

Ideas like:
    -each 25 paragon lvls reduce identify cast time by 25%. each 50 lvls give 3yd pickup radius, each xx lvls give xyz.
    -some sort of gold sink, like Blacksmith lets you modify 1 affix on Hellfire ring for 5-10mil gold.
    -about follower items - maybe legendary ones. How about one that you are able to purchase from a vendor once you reach plvl 100 for a relatively big amount of gold (20-40mil?) with an affix on it that will make your follower auto-loot legendaries. Hey just an idea, don't shoot me.
    Jewels and/or new gems. IAS anyone? Yes. Indeed. It's time for Legendary Gems and Jewels.
    Quote from Zero(pS)

.....other Mantras need a decent buff to be contenders (specially the dodge and healing mantras, not their runes - some of them are actually fine).

Agreed. The Healing Mantra is underwhelming. It's only sought for it's Rune that gives resistance. The generation needs to be at least doubled, if not tripled for it to be viable.
    Quote from pernunz

That would be bad design.
    Think about it - every offhand that cannot roll crit dmg (shield/source/mojo/quiver) can roll 10% crit chance instead. I could write the same post you did, but instead complain that i cannot get as high crit chance while dual wielding as i would with a non-weapon OH.
    I understand that 200% crit dmg (which is very expensive) grants more dps than 10% crit chance (cheaper) but the offhands have other stats that a weapon cant get (ofc this also works the other way). In the end its a matter of choice.
    Also, you pointed out dual wielding DHs ... arent 2h DHs doing more dps anyway?

Besides. You can't just point out this one thing (crit dmg) and say its not fair for casters. There are more inconsistencies in the game, like quivers - they dont have any min-max dmg like soucres/mojos. They have AS however. AND DHs can use a 2h with an OH. No one else can do that! Or the fact that barbs can get 12% LS....
    The game is diverse and classes/items have specific designs. They just need to balance things out. Doing it in a way that items would be able to roll the same stats would be boring, don't you think?
    They should Try to make all the useless skills more usefull so we can have Build diversity. which is not posible atm.

Fetish Sycophants (passive) - make it not only spawn ordinary fetishes but also have a chance of spawning fetish casters or dart blowers.
    1. Reflect Damage toned down, it gets stupid at high levels of DPS.
    2. Critical Hit Damage is too powerful, needs a rethink.
    3. Uber bosses refreshing and granting an NV stack.
    4. Ability to hide items of any rarity.
    5. Allow blacksmith to add sockets to a weapon that doesn't already have a socket. Non socket weapons might as well not exist, this goes back to how good Critical Hit Damage is also.
    6. Custom chat channels.
    7. Fixes to some legendaries, such as: Tiki Visage, Ivory Tower, Madstone, Windforce, Frostburn Gloves, any 2 hander that isn't Skorn... etc.
    8. Stop spawning my companion with me when I'm leader of co-op for a minute or two, then giving a massive box in the middle of my screen to say they've gone back to town.
    9. Show "Total Hours Played" somewhere, not just by class.
    10. More bank tabs, 3 sucks.
    11. New gems to ease crappy itemisiation strains - such as an Resist to All Elements gem.
    12. Dyes working for legendary items.
    1. Clan/guild
    2. Calendar / Events with friends / Open Invitations to friends for scheduled events etc.
    3. Status messages for all friends.
    4. Dye legendary items.
    -More elite affixes.
    -More item affixes
    -New item categories ( I wonder why they didn't come up with a few new item category in D3. We already had magic, rare and uniques in D2 - and runed items to boot. Now it's strictly the same, except blues are utterly worthless, rares cover the whole range of power of D2's blues, yellows and even uniques, and legendaries, well, most of them feel like esteticaly enhanced rares.) Something like items you can improve/level, either they gain xp or you can use crafting reagant or a bit or both as to make them more powerfull.
    -Adding sockets to items.
    -Special sockets on boots like helm, with topaz adding mvmt speed
    -More gem types ( why are there no jewels? Jewels were fun.)
    -Special dungeons you can open with crafted portal, a bit like uber bosses
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes