Is it smart to invest in brimstones now?

yes but they said maybe and that its not even a definate and only in far future. like they have said even months ago that they think pvp will come out NEXT YEAR. but with this they are like they dont got a clue so if anything is going to happen it wont be for a long ass time. so do not quite understand why people would rush so fast to buy up something at such massive volumes. so weird to me.
    http://www.diablofans.com/topic/78692-fiery-brimstone-price-is-going-sky-high/
    i have got nothing against god ,it is his funclub i cant stand !

http://www.diablofan...going-sky-high/

I don't like this attitude. You are opening a new thread that copies the content of this existing thread and you want everyone to switch to your thread. This is against forum etiquette and in many other communities, forum admins would have closed your thread already and said "please continue discussion in existing thread". We don't need multiple threads about the same issue. It's obvious to see that you just want to copy this thread because you copied the "blue post was posted 6 hours ago" from this discussion into your thread when at the time of your post it was already 12 hours old. Admins: please act on this (and after that, delete offtopic posts like this one here), thanks.

Edit: @_Kannon - exactly. The price will go up a bit, and fluctuate a lot in the next couple of hours/days, but eventually it will stay at a reasonable level before the patch. And I don't expect the crafting changes to hit live servers before Christmas, so investing in brimstones that occupy stash space for WEEKS... well, it's your choice.
    Current situation reeks of market manipulation at large. It is almost like some people want to cash out on the hype caused by very vague Blizzard's post about future use of Brimstones. The message was vague and it clearly hinted that the plans are for distant future rather than immediate release.

Someone bought lots of Brimstones in 1.0.4 or earlier, as most gambles happen around new patch releases but they miscalculated on this one. Due to the changes in 1.0.5 crafting become useless and Brimstones with it. They have shelled out lots of gold/$ to buy them and want to get rid of them now.

Also, the logic is flawed in some of the arguments I see around forums. Idea that Brimstones will sky-rocket because they will be used heavily is flawed because material that is heavily-frequently used can not be expensive. Expensive items are rare and vice versa.

Current situation reeks of market manipulation at large. It is almost like some people want to cash out on the hype caused by very vague Blizzard's post about future use of Brimstones. The message was vague and it clearly hinted that the plans are for distant future rather than immediate release.

Someone bought lots of Brimstones in 1.0.4 or earlier, as most gambles happen around new patch releases but they miscalculated on this one. Due to the changes in 1.0.5 crafting become useless and Brimstones with it. They have shelled out lots of gold/$ to buy them and want to get rid of them now.

Also, the logic is flawed in some of the arguments I see around forums. Idea that Brimstones will sky-rocket because they will be used heavily is flawed because material that is heavily-frequently used can not be expensive. Expensive items are rare and vice versa.

The reason brim is or was so cheap was the flood of the stuff that hit the market with the few people interested. Reverse that and you have high prices. Even with the availability of brim being higher, if they make the need for brim more by introducing a way to use it and gain from that use then the need for it will outweigh the supply. Greater demand, less suply = higher prices. Greater demand, steady supply = a slight rise in price. Basically, even if the supply stays the same and Blizzard opens up a way to increase the need you will see prices go up and possible stay up.
    "There is no cow level!"
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes