WoW > D3

Quote from Darkennz

I played both of the games and got one conclusion (even played diablo 2 in b4).

WoW: you spend a few hours/days to learn the game/boss mechanics, and, after you kill that boss you already know the drop chance of the gear you need. So you gonna keep killing it until it drop.

Diablo 3: If you want some piece of gear you have 2 choices:

1) Farm till you get bored and sell the stuffs on the AH, asking the Gods to ppl buy your gear so you can finally buy the piece you want @ ah.

2) Farm the bosses until you die in front of your computer hoping the gear to drop, and, if drop, you gotta have luck with the stats, bc it can be some shit piece with intel/dest, str/intel.

My point is.. both of the games are good.

But, at least in wow you know... someday you probably will get your gear.

In Diablo its just random, everything is random. If you think about spending your money with this game in the AH you gotta review your concepts about money, bc, imo, it's not gonna worth.

They turned what we knew as D2 into something unknow called D3.

/discuss

/trollsarewelcome

You just fail at using the ah, there is your problem...
    Don't tell me u never get good items.....it might be that u don't recognize they are good, but thats a different story.
    Kinda funny you say omg my gear no drop, at least in wow ur sure u get ur gear. The game is out for 2 weeks....Did you never farm something for over 2 weeks in wow? THen my friend, congratulations, you are THAT snowflake....luck is on your side
    I ll just ignore random ppl hiding behind the computer apreading "bad" words.

Mature is something hard to see in the forums. I want the opinion of mature ppl, not some kids thinking about how awesome they are saying to me "jerk, fuck off, blah blah".

Grown up, words like that doesnt ensure your point, if you want to make it valid, say it in a polity way.
    The game is hard, merciless, sadistic even... but that's the point. It's ALL about the RNG, and it always has been. If you don't like it, consider yourself "finished" with the game/story after Normal, and move on.
    i would choose my own religion and worship my own spirit, but if he ever preached to me i wouldn't want to hear it. i'd drop him, a forgotten god, languishing in shame; and then if i hit stormy seas, i'd have myself to blame. Zhaph#1849
    What you (OP) have failed to realize is that comparing WoW, and MMO, to Diablo, a dungeon crawler, makes no sense. Personally I can't wait until all of you WoW converts leave the game.

You and those like you really just need to stop with the WoW comparisons. Don't like the game? The genre isn't for you, move on. This game isn't for everyone, it targets a very niche audience. Sure, millions will play through normal and decide that it is an average game at best, but that's not what Diablo is all about.

You may as well compare Mario to a console RPG and say that it sucks because it's too linear. Different genres, different goals.
    Quote from Zhaph

The game is hard, merciless, sadistic even... but that's the point. It's ALL about the RNG, and it always has been. If you don't like it, consider yourself "finished" with the game/story after Normal, and move on.

Im at act 2 inferno. That doesn't mean anything at all, just pointing it.
    Game is out 15 days, people already complaining that they don't have the best gear in the game.

If bosses had set loot tables so you had a much better chance of getting gear, everyone would probably have it by now. This game would be done in that case.

The one thing that makes Diablo the game it is, is you farm loot. Simple. Guess what, you found an awesome piece.. It could be better though! Keep grinding. Keep slaughtering minions. It's fun, if you don't like it, go wipe in normal Dragon Soul for another 16 hours this week.
    Quote from Darkennz

WoW: you spend a few hours/days to learn the game/boss mechanics, and, after you kill that boss you already know the drop chance of the gear you need. So you gonna keep killing it until it drop.

1) Farm till you get bored and sell the stuffs on the AH, asking the Gods to ppl buy your gear so you can finally buy the piece you want @ ah.

2) Farm the bosses until you die in front of your computer hoping the gear to drop, and, if drop, you gotta have luck with the stats, bc it can be some shit piece with intel/dest, str/intel.

In Diablo its just random, everything is random. If you think about spending your money with this game in the AH you gotta review your concepts about money, bc, imo, it's not gonna worth.

/discuss

/trollsarewelcome

I would be glad too see you quit diablo and i hope blizzard doesnt nerf the content, as they did with wow, because of clueless little shits like you.
    Quote from Darkennz

Quote from Zera

God can this guy not use propper punctuation

Good point. Gonna think about it, but, meanwhile, wow (atm is so efing boring) but, at least, you could get 1>85, get into some raid finder, get your gear and enjoy it to the limit of your gear.

Are you having fun if you are stuck in act 2 of D3 while knowing that your gear is equiparable to that point of the game? This is my complain. They made the gear randomness impossible to fit into the act's (at least for now).

Personally I found like wow took a decline with raid finder even if people playing the content is not bad at all I just felt it took away from how wow was designed and it should have been hc level blues that it dropped.
    But back to a less elitist point I never enjoyed wow outside raiding so I can't talk too much about how people play this game casually but you can do the same with diablo if you look at it differently. Look at inferno as end game raiding in wow where you can get carried (getting overpowered loot from the ah in diablos case and more so when rmah comes into play) but if your playing with equally geared or skilled players you will not see the end of it and enjoy leveling characters and having a blast in hell which should be comparable to the whole wow issue. This is not an mmo so you won't have a world where you can afk and chat in like wow but maybe in some ways blizzard took the endgame concept from wow which I support.
    I myself am stuck on belial and leveld a monk to inferno for the fun before I took a break or well had to visit people away from my pc and I say no I'm not having an amazing time but this is not because I can't progress but because I got abit worn down by playing the game too much. I will play this game at my pace and I like a chalenge even if other people have way better gear and cause I was probably undergeared and never used the ah I felt very weak in nightmare and hell act 1-2 cause I had so low dps compared to other people aparently. So I would say take the game as an experience instead of going I'm stuck in inferno this sucks and if this isn't your style (mmos are great cause of the social aspect) try out guild wars 2 when that comes out which is all about fun not about being in better gear.
    Quote from Darkennz

Pro gamers (experts say, not me), wow will last for a long time until it get repleaced, D3 gonna be forgoten soon bc of it "randomness" and lack of something linear.

Yeah... so why are people still playing D2 to this day, more than a decade since it's release? Your pro gamers don't appear all that knowledgeable, let them stick to what they know.

I agree with Rake84, these are entirely different games built on entirely different structures. WoW features a huge open world where groups need to work in conjunction with each other to take on specific content to progress. D3 is supposed to be a lot more loose, as in play alone or in a group, even with 4 barbarians, the point is to play anyway you want. The point is exploration and finding varied items in unexpected places.

Sorry to say, but asking D3 to get rid of randomness would be like asking all Horde players to vacate Orgrimmar. If you dislike the random nature of Diablo, then this is not the game for you.
    you can't compare the games, except in how much fun they are.
    problem is they have pasted wow's item systems into Diablo (main stats, etc) and it just doesnt work
    Because comparing an MMO to an ARPG, regardless of being from the same company, is logical.
    Personally, a game that is more challenging and that can me solo'ed is much more fun and better to me. Who cares if the game is harder? It just won't get boring as WoW did. Every new patch wow got out, i got bored after 5-6 days since I had all the gear I needed...
    You're entitled to your opinion and all but you pretty much compared the two gearing up methods (which were pretty much accurate) and then say WoW is better because it's faster.

Not a very good idea because it's pretty much the point. WoW you slowly progress your character and Diablo you do farm and farm and farm till u get what u want.
    Italian Food > Mexican Food

I've eaten both and got one conclusion (even ate texmex in b4).

Italian: It's delicious, has multiple textures and flavors and is generally the best.

Mexican: If you want something to eat you have 2 choices:

1) Soft Shell

2) Hard shell

My point is.. both of the foods are good.

But, at least with Italian you know you have pizza.

With Mexican you're just getting tacos..

This is exactly what you sound like, Italian and Mexican food are both food yes, but they are DIFFERENT types of food. As with food you will have different tastes in games than others.
    I farmed a boss in WoW for 8 months (in ICC) I never ever saw that specific item. RNG is RNG, exists in both games. And I like em both.
    long hair don't care
    WoW was never really fun for me at all. Diablo III on the other hand, there's always something worthwhile to do and I'm never bored.
    "Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."-Friedrich Nietzsche
    Quote from Darkennz

/discuss

/trollsarewelcome

What?! D2 was EXACTLY the same. The only difference is you could buy the gear you wanted because people were hacking. So minus the hackers D3 is the same as D2; All about chance on what you want.

If you want some hand held, don't worry we'll give you a golden star after you put in X amount of hours game, then keep playing wow.

D3 is for REAL men. lol =D
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    Quote from Darkennz

Quote from IAmMegatron

Quote from Darkennz

/discuss

/trollsarewelcome

You just explained why the diablo franchise is so much more enjoyable than wow...

Pro gamers (experts say, not me), wow will last for a long time until it get repleaced, D3 gonna be forgoten soon bc of it "randomness" and lack of something linear.

roflol

Yeah because RNG totally killed D2 right?

OH WAIT.
    Quote from Darkennz

Quote from Rake84

apples>a bicycle

you are comparing two completely different games its like complaining you dont have enough room in a mini because your last car was a spacewagon...

you are a moron annual pass tool...... sooner players like you leave these boards and the official board and head back to the wow mothership the better

/rant

Its fun how you lost your reason when you start using innapropriate words to show your point. Go play your game, kid. We want mature ppl in here ;)

His point is still true though. You can't compare WoW and D3. They are completely different games.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes