Difference between difficulties?

After playing open beta for weekend I noticed that softcore character on normal and hardcore char on normal difficulty is about the same except that hardcore normal mobs were more agressive (i.e. dont stop chasing you). I wonder how will it be like playing normal and hardcore characters on higher difficulties.

Can anyone share more info on this?
    difficulties are the same.

the two exeptions are for hc:

death = game over for your char

no RMAH
    Quote from Klusterboy

no RMAH
    Quote from anderle

same except that hardcore normal mobs were more agressive (i.e. dont stop chasing you).
    Can anyone share more info on this?

Really?
    Hardcore isn't a difficulty... It's a mode. Exact same as softcore, just permadeath, no RMAH, seperate artisans and seperate stash
    Quote from weedjj

Quote from Klusterboy

no RMAH

This is incorrect, the devs have stated that monsters get new abilities on each increasing difficulty, as well as the obvious increased hp/damage and moving faster. They also changed the AI, they will be smarter in trying to move to you and attack you.

Edit: This is ofcourse assuming he was actually asking the difference between DIFFICULTY levels and not HC/SC
    Normal = Easy, allows you to get use to the game machanics etc
    Nightmare = little more challenging
    Hell = Challenging
    Inferno = Hopefully a huge challenge that is nearly impossible to beat! :)
    Quote from NektelMP

Quote from weedjj

Quote from Klusterboy

no RMAH

This is incorrect, the devs have stated that monsters get new abilities on each increasing difficulty, as well as the obvious increased hp/damage and moving faster. They also changed the AI, they will be smarter in trying to move to you and attack you.

Edit: This is ofcourse assuming he was actually asking the difference between DIFFICULTY levels and not HC/SC

Yes, this is exactly what I needed to know. If anyone knows more specific details about those 'new abilities' and AI behavior changes please post them here.

I noticed one thing. When I played my hardcore character (normal difficulty) mobs had a strange ability that occasionally poped some sort of banners around them (in Cathedral), unlike softcore (normal difficulty) gameplay where that thing didn't happen.
    Quote from anderle

Quote from NektelMP

Quote from weedjj

Quote from Klusterboy

no RMAH

Yes, this is exactly what I needed to know. If anyone knows more specific details about those 'new abilities' and AI behavior changes please post them here.

I noticed one thing. When I played my hardcore character (normal difficulty) mobs had a strange ability that occasionally poped some sort of banners around them (in Cathedral), unlike softcore (normal difficulty) gameplay where that thing didn't happen.

You don't seem to understand, there's no difference with the AI etc between hardcore and softcore, only the perma death, stash and artisans
    Well actually on the topic of different AI for hardcore, he might have something. In D2 hardcore actually also made the monsters slightly harder, and I dont remember any info on D3 HC. So unless there's a blue post somewhere it's actually a possibility.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    Quote from anderle

this is not an ability this is some kind of mini event
    Quote from BleuSnaks42

Well actually on the topic of different AI for hardcore, he might have something. In D2 hardcore actually also made the monsters slightly harder, and I dont remember any info on D3 HC. So unless there's a blue post somewhere it's actually a possibility.

D2 hardcore made the monsters harder? O,o

Source plox, can't find it here atleast http://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Hardcore
    Quote from Shrieker

Quote from anderle

You don't seem to understand, there's no difference with the AI etc between hardcore and softcore, only the perma death, stash and artisans

You don't seem to understand, hes not asking about differences between HC/SC anymore, as he said, hes asking about differences between Normal/Nightmare/Hell/Inferno...

Edit: Though he did mistakenly post a mini event as a difference between the two.
    Softcore mode and Hardcore mode are the exact same game, with the only two differences being permanent death and no RMAH.

The difficulties are 4 in numbers: Normal, Nightmare, Hell, Inferno. No one but Blizzard knows how the difficulty will ramp up. Blizzard did say that in harder difficulties, monster A.I. is much less forgiving, and monsters will have more affixes. (This has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not you are playing sc or hc).

Why bother speculating? It comes out in less than a month, and you can see for yourself.
    Mobs have more skills in higher difficulty modes, are stronger, drop better loot. Best loot is only in Inferno afaik. I read it takes a few weeks to reach and play through Inferno.
    Quote from NektelMP

You don't seem to understand, hes not asking about differences between HC/SC anymore, as he said, hes asking about differences between Normal/Nightmare/Hell/Inferno...

Edit: Though he did mistakenly post a mini event as a difference between the two.

Quote from Klusterboy

no RMAH

didnt know this - very happy about it tho if its true, do u have an official linky? :)
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
    Quote from Dragonetti

Quote from Klusterboy

no RMAH

didnt know this - very happy about it tho if its true, do u have an official linky? :)

cancel that, found it
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes