Champion Farming

Quote from Arrok

well from my little experience in the beta i felt the most often and amount of champions mobs in the beta r in the defiled crypts in any of the 3 - plus i think only once i didn't get 1 of the events in any of the crypts.

tho thats just my feeling/opinion mayB u should try it out and see if u get more or less champions :).

best regards,

Arrok

Quote from lorien1973

In the beta, if your #1 goal is to farm elites, you just want the cemetary WP (where the 3 random crypts spawn). Farm each of those (maybe get a champ pack outside). Go back to tristram. Leave game and re-enter. Do it again. Those 3 crypts are the most prolific spot. The rares in there are predictable. Plus, one of the crypts will always have a resplendant chest, up to 5 blues right there.

If you're really jones'ing for rares, after done there, go back to south and see if you get a den of the dying or whatever. Usually 3-4 elite packs in there too.

In my experience I have come across at least 2-3 champion groups in the weeping hollows and it takes about the same time to clear as one of the crypts which have yielded less (unless you manage to get lucky with the chest) if the den of the fallen isn't there during that game. If it is, then (IMO) it's a much better choice plus there's more then likely an extra champion around the cemetery WP.

I had about 40-45 hours into patch 14 doing just about every way I could come across or think of and this seemed to be the most consistent.
    im not sure if its a champ, but that mob that breaks some door on the way to getting the crown. If you get past it, you reach a check point, you leave game, then resume, the door will be "behind" you, got through it and the big will spawn again. I saw a video of someone farming this way, not my style but just throwing it out there
    "Click on everything that moves until it blows up in bloody chunks and treasure"
    -Kevin Martens
    Quote from Broken

im not sure if its a champ, but that mob that breaks some door on the way to getting the crown. If you get past it, you reach a check point, you leave game, then resume, the door will be "behind" you, got through it and the big will spawn again. I saw a video of someone farming this way, not my style but just throwing it out there

Sounds to good to be true, that'd be a really easy way of acquiring blues. It probably won't be in the release version of the game and once the servers go back up I'll try it but it could be getting changed in patch 15.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes