I had not planned for us ever to enter any form of dungeon. In fact, I was going to play the mausoleum improv up with glorious and life-challenging boobie-traps (lol @ that phrase). So, I'm doing a lot of rethinking to account for it.
What I'm planning for at the moment: Dungeon -> Disused Chapel -> Inner Courtyard -> Tower of Sardi -> Council Room -> Royal Chambers -> Council Room -> End of Volume I.
As far as the dungeon, I'm working on an NPC to springboard us to the next area.
Am I correct to assume that you used your magic to break up the wall so we could climb down it? I'm fine with that, but magic on that scale is going to trigger something interesting. And I guess you moved Aidan for me. Thanks
Now that Valos is getting down, we are only waiting on Jetrall's character. Please stay put until that is resolved.
It was mainly just the acrobatics that got at me, but that can be attributed to adrenaline to a point, and if he has been using weapons like that for a long time, I'm sure he knows how to use them effectively.
Well, yes, that would be a good idea. The last one, anyway. But unless we can all agree to strictly maintain this and I don't see everyone just typing them away, anyway.. Well, we'll see.
I think I should throw something in so that in order to have a powerful spell the actual enchantment has to be very long, so we don't just have people spewing off enchantments left and right in battles. I'll have to update the mechanic, though. Bleh.
I've never read Eragon. I dislike fads, and it was a fad around here. Maybe in a year or two.
Yeah. That's what I was going to try to go for, Jetrall, but then I basically reasoned that we'd be seeing the same thing, anyway, but with little disclaimers at the end in regards to energy consumption.
If I was just writing a story, I wouldn't have done it like that because it makes magic too much of a science, but it's basically essential for anything like this.
I just wanted to make sure you were okay with it since you said something publicly before this all went down. If you're fine with it, I agree that issues are things we can resolve through creativity. Go for it.
Now how are we going to get down?
Furthermore, I like the place you ended up now that I actually read the last two paragraphs of your post. I think I got part way through it and just replied here quick before I went off to market and forgot to pick it up.
Things I think we could consider with this:
1) Guards in a dungeon- wouldn't security be lax since most should be helping with the battle front above?
2) Am I to assume that the sand you created muted the sound of your fall?
3) How are the rest of us going to get down all the way and without making sound?
4) Would it be possible to do all this without using too much magic and thereby reducing its uniqueness?
Ah, I'm going to add a little to speed things up and make it so that we have no choice but to go forward.
Well, there are some issues that immediately come to mind:
1) We were never going to go to the bottom of the chasm.
2) I really don't think it's realistic that you were even conscious to cast a spell, even with it being sand that you hit, although I did enjoy the quick decision making. You could make that characteristic.
3) I was going to draw it out longer to make this whole sideshow more worth the effort that was put in to arguing with it.
4) We can't possibly be in the fortress yet if we fell in to a natural chasm a measureless distance, I would argue we are still in some manner of subterranean area below the chapel (which is where we are coming out).
Numbers one and three, however, are based on information that you did not yet know, so I'll concede that. Even though it was highly unrealistic, it did add a bit of flavor, so I don't mind too terribly.
If you're going to try to pull something off like this in the future, though, please PM or message me, especially since I got a heads-up about an idea to resolve it from Jetrall ahead of time (see his above post) and nothing from either of you.
That being said, I'm willing to work with what you've come up with, but it's your decision
Now wait a minute, Junction3. You just God-moded another character in to a possible death. While there are obvious ways to fix the situation, please avoid doing that in the future unless you've discussed it with said person in advance (which you might have, I don't know).
Okay, well, I was waiting for more interaction from you guys, but I guess I'll just introduce the next phase of Derroda's orders and somehow work them in to what we have now. Expect that around early this evening.