EU Beta Wave, Diablo 3 Weekly Maintenance, Blue Posts, Sword of Justice Cover Art, Fan Art

More keys???

But the game is already gold (in print).

Announce a date, put up a starter edition (demo) on b.net to reboot the awareness and momentum to release and cut the crap Blizzard!

Quote from madmaxII

I didnt get a key. Why am I not suprised -.-

Believe me the beta is a double-edge sword, it's fun the first run of each class, then you max them out and complete the achievements because Blizzard didn't even made the effort to put epic loot in just to keep things interesting. So you realise this ain't a beta of D3 but Battle.net running a demo. In the end you are left with nothing worth doing ingame beside the last 20 minutes for a yellow drop. All the beta does is wanting to play the full game because the damn game is so good. At least it should be release soon, you'll get to enjoy it.
    Entered lots of contests, still no beta. 4 accounts registered and signed up for the Diablo 3 beta, still no invite. I guess im just as unfortunate in getting this beta just as i am in real life. Winning. *cough*
    got mine, yaaay :)
    but after seeing so many streams I was a little bored :
    I'm just wondering, but does anyone know when the downtimes will be happening during the week? Such as a day and time?

I'm not sure how the downtime with wow and sc2 are so I can't really go on anything here.
    I don't know about SC2 but as for WoW, the maintenance window is done on Tuesday, typically from 3am PST to 11am PST.

Speaking of downtime, the beta is offline. :(

Official Blizzard Quote:

We will be performing scheduled maintenance beginning on Thursday, March 1st, at 04:30 p.m. PST and we expect the service to be available again at approximately 08:30 p.m. PST. During this time the game will be unavailable for play.
    this right here is my one real complaint about D3....the whole online only thing. I'm a father, a husband, a college student, involved with a veteran's association and about a million other things, the time I get to play is ALWAYS limited. I'm afraid that what little time I do get to slice away for D3 will be taken from me in the form of "Down for Maintenance". I REALLY wanted to have a offline mode.
    Quote from theecheshirekat

this right here is my one real complaint about D3....the whole online only thing. I'm a father, a husband, a college student, involved with a veteran's association and about a million other things, the time I get to play is ALWAYS limited. I'm afraid that what little time I do get to slice away for D3 will be taken from me in the form of "Down for Maintenance". I REALLY wanted to have a offline mode.

uhm no. they just said they plan to have it like once a month for a few hours. so if your only time your able to play is a 4 hour period once a month on the exact day and time as the maintenance. then holy shit your the worlds most unluckiest guy. like the anti-lottery
    "once the pretty hardcore gamers we had testing inferno found it fairly difficult, we then we doubled it" -trolololol jay wilson
    I laughed at the Sword Cover. Its a goat... no matter how hard you try, you cannot make a goat look badass. Okay? Listen i challenge all readers to prove me wrong. Show a baddass goat. It cant be done.

Then after i stopped laughing i checked that DH vs Wiz pic. Pretty awesome. I wish there was epic showdowns or weighins to pvp like that. Like an old western clock striking noon showdown. With the epic feel of tangible tension. Someday soemone will figure out how to harness that feeling.
    most baddass goat i found was these guys, calling out for eachother by name

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9Iq6LA7sZI
    yeeeeiii i got the key!!! :) cant await to play diablo after a loooooooooooong time, thx blizz
    Hope to meet lot of people online for some monster slaughtering.
    Good luck to you all.

That's some very good artworks, Umpa!
    Quote from pikke

Hope to meet lot of people online for some monster slaughtering.
    Good luck to you all.

That's some very good artworks, Umpa!

His artwork is the one with the angels, which some might have seen before in Force's Lore Videos.

I laughed at the Sword Cover. Its a goat... no matter how hard you try, you cannot make a goat look badass. Okay? Listen i challenge all readers to prove me wrong. Show a baddass goat. It cant be done.

The cover of the comic really reminds me of the Sabbatic Goat.

Find any Diablo news? Contact me or anyone else on the news team.
    Great with the EU invites etc. Though I just got into the beta via the competitions, but more keys are always great - makes it seem closer to release.

I too don't like the rune answer, but not for the reasons most posters here do.

I personally think it is a bad move not to make basic unruned skills viable, since when you level there is no incentive to take an unruned skill, and you will always (or at least 90% of the time) use a skill which you unlocked a rune for. Therefore the basic skills will only be seen the first 15 levels or so - and some of their effects are really cool (cooler than some runes) - which is kind of sad.
    Quote from Alowan

Great with the EU invites etc. Though I just got into the beta via the competitions, but more keys are always great - makes it seem closer to release.

I too don't like the rune answer, but not for the reasons most posters here do.

I personally think it is a bad move not to make basic unruned skills viable, since when you level there is no incentive to take an unruned skill, and you will always (or at least 90% of the time) use a skill which you unlocked a rune for. Therefore the basic skills will only be seen the first 15 levels or so - and some of their effects are really cool (cooler than some runes) - which is kind of sad.

Yeah, and the skill runes are literally already gone anyways, we now have them on the UI as a imaginary thing.
    Quote from Benegesserit

Wow I had no idea Europe had been shut out of the beta this long

Europe hasnt been shut out. I have had a beta key since dec 2011 and im from Denmark.
    wow 3 EU accounts and still no key -/
    Paris 1996 Thessaloniki 2000 Bologna 2002 Athens 2007 Berlin 2009 Barcelona 2011 (Turkey 2012)
    Image removed due to its file extension: http://www.google.gr/imgres?um=1&hl=el&client=opera&sa=N&rls=el&channel=suggest&tbm=isch&tbnid=_BnK0cvEmkZmSM:&imgrefurl=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panathinaikos_B.C.&docid=UZZ9rRiRYAdVrM&imgurl=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/9f/Panathinaikos_B.C._logo.png&w=120&h=120&ei=HiOgT9z3A86M4gTNkfSEAw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=495&vpy=232&dur=1151&hovh=96&hovw=96&tx=92&ty=18&sig=115206278596409589058&page=1&tbnh=96&tbnw=96&start=0&ndsp=22&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:0,i:71&biw=1366&bih=603
    Quote from GladHeHasBeta

FINALLY. now some of the ppl in Europe can s-t-f-u about none of them being able to get into the beta and how being in NA is such BS and we get an unfair advantage bla bla bla QQQQQ. no offense but thats all ive been seeing ever since the 100k invites went out. <_

You would be doing totally SAME ... you are QQQing about how Europe QQed ... so :)
    Anyway they didnt say how mnay invites have been send .. and what I see right now in here nobody got it .. so only few compared to your 100k invites :)
    Quote from xarosXIII

wow 3 EU accounts and still no key -/

I hope you at least submitted 3 different computer specs?
    If you failed to get in because of computer specs or common build / setup, it would only make sense that 3 did not help.
    Quote from Nyky

Quote from GladHeHasBeta

FINALLY. now some of the ppl in Europe can s-t-f-u about none of them being able to get into the beta and how being in NA is such BS and we get an unfair advantage bla bla bla QQQQQ. no offense but thats all ive been seeing ever since the 100k invites went out.

You would be doing totally SAME ... you are QQQing about how Europe QQed ... so :)
    Anyway they didnt say how mnay invites have been send .. and what I see right now in here nobody got it .. so only few compared to your 100k invites :)

yea im sure it wasnt nearly 100k but i saw a blue post something like "a HUUUGE bunch of invites went out" so idk what his idea of "a HUUUUGE bunch" is. but im sure its at the very least quite a few thousand.

source: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3429934687?page=2#22

he also said "in the first wave" so id say definitely more big ass euro waves will be going out very soon :D
    "once the pretty hardcore gamers we had testing inferno found it fairly difficult, we then we doubled it" -trolololol jay wilson
    Quote from GladHeHasBeta
    1. a sense of progression from forcing to re-lvl? you mean a sense of redundancy?

2. you obviously have not spent much time on the skill calc. i have spent hundreds of hours with it and i can say without a doubt there are at least hundreds of possible builds that are a lot different for each class. 100x more then D2 had. considering how much fun and time ive spent just on the skill calc alone, actually using these builds will make it last infinitely longer.

3. his response doesnt side step anything. he gives the exact response he should because its the truth.

4. gear has always been the main point of longevity in diablo, and then ppl complain when its the same thing in the sequal? lol?

5. there is absolutely nothing stopping you from replaying or recreating a character. D2 FORCED you to do this which was bogus and they finally added respecs a little bit ago which made it way better. people are brain washed into thinking the permanancy of D2 was a good thing when it added nothing but an inconvenience. why? because it took a whole 3 hours to get a new char from 1-80 to test out your new build n equip all the gear you farmed from your other guy. so again i say, it added nothing. all thats changed is now people have a choice to re-level a new char to test new builds or use the same one.

people complain hard about how D3 took away choices, took away the choice of skill points and the choice of attributes. then they rage hardcore about given a choice to re-lvl or not? lol....

You are also missing the points raised by mixing an entire fruit basket ;)

(1) Will Diablo 3 offer more viable combinations once you are level 60 compared to Diablo 2? We cannot ofc know this but it surely looks that way from playing around with the skill calculator. Thumbs up from me to Blizzard on this point.

(2) Was the previous rune system design for Diablo 3 more free and less caged than the new one? Clearly! Right now each character you roll will look quite similar to each other for the first 30 levels and first after that slowly move apart. I cannot for my life understand why Blizzard went for the 'rail shooter' approach while levelling - and please note that this has nothing to do with whether runes are drops or learned. Just hand us one 'rune point' at each point where they now give us a rune and let me choose which rune to unlock.

(3) Runes as loot or learned. Blizzard took out a large part of the game (since it is about loot hunting after all) by making runes learned instead of loot. Personally I can live with it however. There is still plenty of loot to be had.

Net-net: The key point in the criticism of the new system is that it is not allowing all the customization options that really is already in the game - and much less about whether runes are loot or learned. From the UI to the pre-selected runes at specific levels Blizzard creates a very linear skill/rune progression path. And me with many others cannot understand why (this is especially relevant for HC progression).

A great thread on this very specific topic: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4079843827
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes