System Changes

Just a few thoughts: (like anyone cares)

Why drop whites if they have no use? If you can't salvage, and they said they will sell for very little, they just clutter the ground, like the cow level.

I really liked the user assignment of stats in D2, it made you think about where you were taking your character, and I predict assignable skill points coming back, to make leveling up more rewarding for levels 30-60.

Get rid of different resource systems for each class and go back to mana, as that's really all they are anyway, but make the need for mana more important than just a resource for skills. Give a reason to put points into it, like linking it to certain skills damage, ie more mana = more damage.

I never liked the idea of dropping your items into a bag or cube or whatever and getting gold. Like your "magic bag" would know the value of an item. Just never made any sense to me, but then again, neither did a Quill Rat dropping a sword. Just sayin...

I'm glad to see TP's back, but bring back ID scrolls too, or have Cain do it. Making you stand there for a few seconds "to study it, that's how badass you are now" seems lame.

And a hotkey potion button smells of console to me, which I'm actually looking forward to, as I don't have a computer that will run D3, except the media server already attached to the TV, and if i'm going to play on the TV, i'd rather do it with a controller than balance a keyboard and mouse on my lap.

And we're not seeing the game till christmas.
    "It's hard to kill a man once you've seen pictures of his kids"
    That's unfortunate. Unless a lot of this is changed, it looks I won't be buying Diablo 3 anymore. This is just all kinds of stupid.
    From the look of it, there is literally no reason to even have stats anymore. Every one of them is focused on a particular class, and increases both your damage and defense for that class, making the others completely unnecessary. I assume Vitality increases defense more than the others, so there's at least that choice. They may as well just have your damage stat and your health stat, and let you choose between those. Even if this is not fundementally detrimental the way it is, it's just so stupid that the mere existence of it gives me no faith in how they'll handle the game as a whole.
    And then white items being useless... Do I even need to explain how stupid it is to have junk items like this in the game? It's nothing more than an annoyance.
    Then there's all kinds of smaller issues presented here that aren't worth getting into... Just screw it all.
    Personaly i aggre with the changes that they did except about undentifiying items.

It should be somekinf of tome of identification drop around lvls 2-3 and it would work same way as couldron / Ncube did. It would be placed in players caracter info.

Im just saying this beacuse it acualy makes much more sense, beacuse withouth this "tome" champions are sudenly able too know what these bilion of items are and their stats? That doesent make any sense lorewise.

sry for bad english :)
    Quote from Khiva

That's unfortunate. Unless a lot of this is changed, it looks I won't be buying Diablo 3 anymore. This is just all kinds of stupid.
    From the look of it, there is literally no reason to even have stats anymore. Every one of them is focused on a particular class, and increases both your damage and defense for that class, making the others completely unnecessary. I assume Vitality increases defense more than the others, so there's at least that choice. They may as well just have your damage stat and your health stat, and let you choose between those. Even if this is not fundementally detrimental the way it is, it's just so stupid that the mere existence of it gives me no faith in how they'll handle the game as a whole.
    And then white items being useless... Do I even need to explain how stupid it is to have junk items like this in the game? It's nothing more than an annoyance.
    Then there's all kinds of smaller issues presented here that aren't worth getting into... Just screw it all.

lol wow. are you serious? go READ all of the effects each stat has genius. there is each persons core stat that increases dmg then the others increases other things like dodge and +health and +health from globes and +armor. so ANY class can use ANY stat depending on your specific playstyle and build. stacking 100% dmg is the most fail shit ever. even in D2 no one stacked strait dmg, ever. you stacked 99% of your stat points into VITALITY to SURVIVE. and vitality is in the game as well as dex increases dodge which completely negates all dmg if you dodge an attack. also armor for dmg reduction from str. which EVERY class will need. and +health from healthglobes will be needed because we can no longer pot spam (thank god).

you should REALLY think before you spout off a bunch of hater BS with nothing to back it up. by making white items (exactly how D2 was, OH SNAP!) everywhere it DOES in fact stimulate the brain to get more excited when you see the colored ones. if all you found was colored items then you would cease to be excited to see them. obviously. so your again not thinking any of this through.

i guarantee any other small "issue" of yours i can destroy because from the examples you gave, you have nothing even remotely tangible. if you hate the game changes just to hate them then cool, GL not playing as we all will be. come at me bro
    "once the pretty hardcore gamers we had testing inferno found it fairly difficult, we then we doubled it" -trolololol jay wilson
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes