Diablo 3 Press Event Visit

Quote from Dolaiim

I am categorically disappointed with what I've read here. Specifically, the 6-skill 3 trait limitation coupled with the fact that you get ALL SKILLS and they scale with level or gear. It's more auto-stat distribution ideas. What is this, a cell-phone flash game?

And don't even get me started on the real gold AH. The interview with Jay Wilson made the RGAH sound even WORSE than I could have possibly imagined it. He sounded so incredibly smug about it in his responses. I could tell from the way he answered that he is just a shrewd business man.

I'm not especially convinced this is a game I even want to play any more. I'm not mad, or disappointed.. Just surprised at these continual development choices which seem to be creating a game I don't want to play.

Your looking at it at a bad POV, you can make money from a game you love to play and will play for a while so why not get money out of it if you can?
    :monk: /facepalm
    Monk > Wizard > Barbarian > Demon Hunter > Witch Doctor
    I can't say I'm disappointed in the news but I can't say I'm ecstatic either. I don't like his plans for the rune system. I think it would be much better the way it is, or just randomize the damage bonus or whatever it gives. I want to put in an indigo rune on my ray of frost because it lets it become a vortex of frost, not an obsidian rune. I'm not a big fan of the real world money AH only because in the end game that will be where people post those high level items because they are actually of worth and could sell for highest prices. Overall very good info i love everything so far besides the rune and Real world AH systems. AND I LOVE THE BATTLE.NET LAYOUT ITS SO AWESHUMS!!!!
    Not even Death will save you from Diablo Bunny's Cuteness!

I think everyone here raging about the RMT AH and how it's going to break the game is completely missing the fucking point.

Whether Blizzard includes an RMT AH in Diablo 3 or not, people will buy items for real money. This is a fucking proven fact. If some dude wants to drop $100 to deck out his Barb so he can shitpound people in PvP, he's going to do it anyway.

So, instead of having people deal with shady ass farming sites like Mulefactory, who completely shit up BNet with their fucking ever-present spam bots, or shitty communities with bogus currency systems (looking right at you, JSP), why not deal with the company that made the game? Furthermore, you can even make some IRL cash out of it if you choose to. Again, it's not fucking mandatory.

Could there be problems? Abso-fucking-lutely. But don't you think Blizzard will be more apt at fixing economic or systemic problems than the community seeing as how they have a monstrously huge personal investment in its success?
    Oh nice, now I can make money when I play the game. And if I'm good, it can become a full time thing.

and to those pessimists going on about "why play at all, they let you purchase stuff rather than earn in", just don't use the f'n system. We had the same thing is Diablo II, why let that ruin your D3 experience? Or are you playing for the sole aspect of "I played for hours and found something before you hahahahahahahaha trolololol?" Buncha candy-asses...

And as for pvp, I do think they should work on it and give it backing. I mean, I know tournaments are going to be set up regardless of official backing or not (assuming you can make your own match and it's not some random bs). Sure, pvpers can buy items, but those are the same items that other people found (no different than Diablo II). You can spend a few bucks to save a few hours from my point of view...

It's not like they will put Über Epic items on for $500 that are 50x more powerful than you can find in the game... They will be putting items on that you can find in the game yourself, and buying them is purely for convenience.

Yeah, the reality hasn't changed.

Buying items is not fun, hence why I don't do it.

People bought shitload of items in D2. I used to be friends with people running the then biggest item-selling sites, and you'd be amazed how many thousands of dollars people put into buying items already back then.
    Quote from Don_guillotine

Quote from Hpnot1Q

AUCTION HOUSE FUNCTIONALITY

Q: What items can be traded in Diablo III?

A: Nearly everything that drops on the ground, including gold, can be traded with other players directly or through the auction house system. Aside from certain quest items, there will be very few (if any) items that will be “soulbound” to your character and therefore untradable. We are also planning to allow players to buy and sell characters in the auction house at some point in the future and will have more details to share on that at a later date.

The keyword there is that "everything that drops on the ground can be traded". Characters don't drop on the ground. They can't be traded in the AH. That was just the Chinese guy making stuff up / Google translation messing it up.

I got this from this post/thread, wich was in the QnA, i do not see what this has to do with a random Chinese guy trolling on a an entire different website.
    Omfg Sixen that was an awesome read. I like the questions and the 'realness' of the interview (and the deepness of the questions).
    SC2 Editor Tutorials: OnetwoSC
    D3 Channel: OnetwoD3
    Quote from Hpnot1Q

I got this from this post/thread, wich was in the QnA, i do not see what this has to do with a random Chinese guy trolling on a an entire different website.

Yes, but in that very text it says that only items can be sold.

Characters can't be sold.
    I don't see why people have their panties in a wad over the RMT AH. People did the same thing in DII, only 3rd party sites were used instead. Why shouldn't Blizzard do this? I think it's a great idea actually because now Blizzard can monitor it, and people will not get ripped off.

Anyway, everything I've seen looks completely awesome. I don't really know how I feel about the skill system. I'll just have to play it and find out whether I like it or not.
    I AIN'T HAD NO SHOES OR NOTHIN' JESUS.

Quote from Hpnot1Q

Yes, but in that very text it says that only items can be sold.

Characters can't be sold.

Yes items for now, characters later!

Sixen, and Force have just added a video just watch it, even Sixen says that they sayd it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yb_Z8hCxlk&feature=player_embedded
    Quote from Hpnot1Q

Sixen, and Force have just added a video just watch it, even Sixen says that they sayd it.

I'll repeat for the last time: you're misunderstanding. Characters will not be tradeable, but they will be chained to your account for eternity. Account selling is a bannable breach of ToS. Sixen and Force are only talking about the same thing that I am:

Only items (including gold), can be sold.
    Quote from Ethezial

I don't see why people have their panties in a wad over the RMT AH. People did the same thing in DII, only 3rd party sites were used instead. Why shouldn't Blizzard do this? I think it's a great idea actually because now Blizzard can monitor it, and people will not get ripped off.

Anyway, everything I've seen looks completely awesome. I don't really know how I feel about the skill system. I'll just have to play it and find out whether I like it or not.

Exactly.
    I just spent the past hour reading EVERYTHING and I agree that the current Runesystem is probably best. While I see the advantages of the second, I like the current one the most.

As for the money-AH, I have no qualms. I doubt I'll use it much, if not at all, but, it's still nice to have and basically promises death to D2jsp and item websites. Thank YOU Diablo III. I hate Jsp.

I'm eagerly awaiting the beta!
    [center]

www.nerdyblog.com - Great website and great Diablo III streams and Skype chat!

Quote from Hpnot1Q

I'll repeat for the last time: you're misunderstanding. Characters will not be tradeable, but they will be chained to your account for eternity. Account selling is a bannable breach of ToS. Sixen and Force are only talking about the same thing that I am:

Only items (including gold), can be sold.

No disrespect, even if i hear it from Sixen himself itl still be weerd, becuz it still says it doesent it ? Call me stupid but im not blind i can see what is wrighten there.
    Any new screenshots or anything of the female WD?
    Quote from Hpnot1Q

No disrespect, even if i hear it from Sixen himself itl still be weerd, becuz it still says it doesent it ? Call me stupid but im not blind i can see what is wrighten there.

You are misreading it. I'm not calling you stupid, English isn't everyone's first language.

It only says that no items are soul-bound. And that items can be traded in the AH.

Quote from Hpnot1Q

You are misreading it. I'm not calling you stupid, English isn't everyone's first language.

It only says that no items are soul-bound. And that items can be traded in the AH.

Ok mate, lets say, i am actualy misreading something here, but could you please PLEASE point me out what exactly i am missreading in the following:

'' We are also planning to allow players to buy and sell characters in the auction house at some point in the future and will have more details to share on that at a later date. ''
    Quote from Scottehs

Quote from Dolaiim

I am categorically disappointed with what I've read here. Specifically, the 6-skill 3 trait limitation coupled with the fact that you get ALL SKILLS and they scale with level or gear. It's more auto-stat distribution ideas. What is this, a cell-phone flash game?

And don't even get me started on the real gold AH. The interview with Jay Wilson made the RGAH sound even WORSE than I could have possibly imagined it. He sounded so incredibly smug about it in his responses. I could tell from the way he answered that he is just a shrewd business man.

I'm not especially convinced this is a game I even want to play any more. I'm not mad, or disappointed.. Just surprised at these continual development choices which seem to be creating a game I don't want to play.

Your looking at it at a bad POV, you can make money from a game you love to play and will play for a while so why not get money out of it if you can?

Because that's why I have a fucking JOB. So I can make money, pay bills, and with what's left over, DO THINGS THAT DO NOT REQUIRE ME TO MAKE MONEY.

Game = Play
    Job = Work

What's the difference? Money.
    "Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions."
    -Thomas Jefferson
    You're Hpnot1q, they plan to allow it in the future, essentially switcing characters between accounts.
    DiabloWiki.com - PlugY PlugY for Diablo II allows you to reset skills and stats, transfer items between characters in singleplayer, obtain all ladder runewords and do all Uberquests while offline. It is the only way to do all of the above. Please use it.

Supporting big shoulderpads and flashy armor since 2004.
    Within the Press Kit Blizzard provided us

Can you send it?
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes