Diablo 3 Opening Cinematic

I don't care what they say, that is so an angel coming from the sky. Look at the visual symbolism! The stain glass angel lights up from the light. That's exactly what filmmakers do, and I have a degree in filmmaking.

Noones gonna pay attention to this post anyway, because I disnt include a screenshot.

Also you people have probably datamined all this anyway, which I don't wish to read.

Quote from "Jetrall" »
    WoW fans are nerds. Diablo fans are freaks.
    "The world must be told of the coming darkness"

looks up at stain glass window of Imperius

Subtle.
    Awe good ole Viacom at work, no more videos guys... somehow their algorithm detects random clips from the spike awards. Too bad, it's a good Morhaime speech.
    SC2 Editor Tutorials: OnetwoSC
    D3 Channel: OnetwoD3
    Im glad im not seeing it here, but on Youtube and official forums some ppl really dont get it and say things like "nothing new, just some pencil drawings" - thats kind of annoying. I really think the cinematic is all it needs to be, considering it just sets up the start and the mood of the game and there are 25 mins more of cinematics to look forward to in the game.
    Wait .. is this Deckard Cain on the picture, searching for the release date?
    The cinematic is superb. Never doubted it would be. Hell, with all the spoilers out there already about THE ENTIRE STORYLINE OF THE GAME before the game itself even has a release date, they weren't exactly going to surprise us content-wise, but the production value is nonetheless top notch. Only problem was the cinematic wasn't the not only reason we were watching or the only reason why Diablo hit so late in the show after numerous other world premieres. We want (and dare I say deserved) a release date. Guess Blizzard's goal was to get people really interested for something that they can't really look forward to all that much because they don't know WHEN they can get it. Waiting for the release date and following the development of this game makes me feel like I'm watching grass grow particularly given the tiny beta pool. It's just amazing that a game that was due out by the end of the year up until about 3 months ago can't even be stamped with a release date yet and we're almost at the end of the year. Everybody wants a finished game, but people don't want to be strung along and made to fell unappreciated in the process. If I owned stock in the company, I'd want ANSWERS. WHAT IS TAKING SO LONG!!!!!!! After this many YEARS of waiting, I'm impatient. Sue me.
    VGA Presentation. Intro. Prize. Speech and Opening Cinematic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOZ9Kav1hT4

Swedish Official Fansite www.Diablo3pvp.se

I likey! I threw a party just for it. Only 3 people showed up. But it was so good I enjoyed it! People seemed to like the jaleneno dip i made more. still happyy. time to pass out.
    Shocking, no release date.

Its never going to come out.
    I love how by the time the game's released we will have seen all the content for it by then.
    Quote from Enkeria

VGA Presentation. Intro. Prize. Speech and Opening Cinematic

Sweet, thanks for posting.

I've never really cared about all the background story of Warcraft and Diablo, and to be honest I still don't. But the cinematics Blizzard makes are always top notch.
    Blizzard: No, no, please don't go away! Look, here, you can have this opening cinematic. It's free! Take it! Just...please don't move on to other things...we're working hard now I swear.
    Quote from Siaynoq

Blizzard: No, no, please don't go away! Look, here, you can have this opening cinematic. It's free! Take it! Just...please don't move on to other things...we're working hard now I swear.

I doubt Blizzard has any fear that D3 won't sell well. Diablo as a gaming series transcends the need for any kind of advertising. If anything, they are giving us the info they have simply because they want to. With or without all the data we have seen to date (gameplay videos, battle.net database, etc), it'll still sell a huge amount of copies.
    Im having difficulty understanding what she is saying at the end. Is she screaming uncle like Cain fell in the pit or what?
    TT
    Quote from superfula

I doubt Blizzard has any fear that D3 won't sell well. Diablo as a gaming series transcends the need for any kind of advertising.

It transcends the need? Seriously? I mean they do certainly depend on the goodwill of fans like yourself. They feel that, "Well we're Blizzard. Because fuck you, that's why."
    "Justice shall fall upon the world of men"
    Anyone else immediately yell "I KNEW THE COMET WAS TYRAEL (Angel of Justice) ALL ALONG!!!"
    I'm as giddy as a school girl!
    Quote from R3jeckt

"Justice shall fall upon the world of men"
    Anyone else immediately yell "I KNEW THE COMET WAS TYRAEL (Angel of Justice) ALL ALONG!!!"

U guys are making a good point. That Might indeed be Tyreal :)
    Dedicated fan since 96.
    Fall a while and sizzle. O_O
    www.myspace.com/mpotatoes for all your Trans Siberian Orchestra listening pleasure
    If you want to arrange it
    This world you can change it
    If we could somehow make this
    Christmas thing last

By helping a neighbor
    Or even a stranger
    And to know who needs help
    You need only just ask

You know, trolling and bad feelings aside, I for one am no longer looking forward *as much* after a 5 hour beta experience.

Blizzard are really crap at either making games or hiring people. Because more than one person who has played beta with me has remarked that they cannot believe it took four years to make.

I defended by saying its just a beta... We'll see.
    And no release date? I'm starting to view blizzard as that bully/jock at school.
    POSTING ON THIS SITE SINCE 2011

DIABLO 3 ">SPOILERS
    (Will be updated often)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes