DiabloFans Exclusive: Jay Wilson

Very nice interview. Thank you, Sixen!
    A bit disappointing about Ureh. I haven't read all of the books yet, but I was still looking forward to seeing it. It looked awesome in the cinematic teaser!

Your interview all kind of went downhill from the PVP question, though. He wasn't cooperating as much once you tried to get him to slip up. :P
    NOT A FLYING TOY.

DiabloFans: What are the differences in the difficulty levels in Diablo III other than just monsters doing more damage? ie: What reason will people have to play through these modes after having already beaten the main story of the game on an easier difficulty setting?

I`m glad you asked.

DiabloFans: How will rare / high level items stand out when equipped on your character since you've stated that you want all the items to have a more functional look rather than be too flashy or gaudy like they are in WoW?

tricky question indeed.

Jay Wilson: There is a very fine line between the looks of WoW items and the looks of Diablo III items..

he just broke my heart..:O

Awesome interview..Yay for DFans being mentioned on Twitter hooray! A little disappointed also that we won't see Ureh as that probably would have been totally badass; but hey maybe in an expansion no.

Anyways lots of good solid questions. Glad to hear items will differ greatly depending on the class of the item. Also sounds really cool that character level and difficulty will determine items that drop, really makes it even more enticing to go through all difficulties and explore everything.

Man, so psyched about all the new "customization" features that they have not shown yet; I bet they will blow our socks off.
    im glad they arent wasting their time on ureh; looking at a magnificent city (for me) is never as fun as killing stuff (in the long term), and all the hard work would be wasted in a less interactive place than a battlefield, especially since you look at the city from a bad camera angle.
    In other words, you have trees for each skill.

K.

hmm...if you mean each skill will have its own small tree and different ways to customize it, then that COULD be cool, but the way i gathered it was that it was more like x men or something and just a list of skills. if they nerf the skill system this game could be ruined.
    why bother interviewing anyone from blizzard on diablo 3 all we ever seem to get is 'not ready to talk about that yet' and "no comment", what's the big freaking deal, with a lack of screenshots/videos/information as of late my interest is plummeting.
    oh yeah btw twitter is gay
    Very nice interview. Thank you, Sixen!
    A bit disappointing about Ureh. I haven't read all of the books yet, but I was still looking forward to seeing it. It looked awesome in the cinematic teaser!

Your interview all kind of went downhill from the PVP question, though. He wasn't cooperating as much once you tried to get him to slip up. :P
    I didn't do an exact Transcript, I did a Q&A stlye, but just prior to that question, Bashiok said I only had 4 minutes left. Things had to be quick, :P.

why bother interviewing anyone from blizzard on diablo 3 all we ever seem to get is 'not ready to talk about that yet' and "no comment", what's the big freaking deal, with a lack of screenshots/videos/information as of late my interest is plummeting.
    oh yeah btw twitter is gay
    Because it's Blizzard, duh!
    The Chat Gem Lives!
    Diablo III Analyst
    SC2Mapster
    Good read, I would like to know if the developers play SC or Diablo 1-2 online on Bnet currently, of course they won't say cause they will be harassed and swarmed, also losing on the game you are making a sequel too won't look so good.
    TT
    I'm happy with pretty much all he had to say.

Hopefully we will see Ureh and other left out cities in an expansion.
    Im suprised that the Diablo twitter page doesnt have a chat gem........
    Im suprised that the Diablo twitter page doesnt have a chat gem........

It is twitter, not a flash page :P
    i'm just glad that they also have nightmares with the chat gem lol

Thanks ScyberDragon!!! you're awesome!!:D:D
    is there any unveiling of the chat gem? i mean, i just read through this whole discussion for chat gem stuff lol.

the interview is same ol in a way. heres this to munch on, but wait, not too much now lol. i know they cant tell us, but i just dont temp myself to much with it :P. BUT THE CHAT GEM! AHHHH!

as for the interview itself, props. good questions, ehh answers. no blame anywhere except that im not playing :( lol :)
    so we're looking to make the armor and weapons very fantastic looking, but we're not going to have for instance a two handed sword that's bigger than the character. We're keeping things proportional.
    Not new info, but really cool interview. The people from this site allways do a exceptional job, i'm glad i'm here to XD!
    About the interview. Imo the skill system change was not even close to a suprise and i and many others have said it many times across this forum. If i can get points in a high tier skill by investing in another tree, the trees becomes nothing more then a form of organizing, but the system it self if not but a list of skills to get.
    Imo they should change back to what diablo 2 was in sort way. A skill tree division based at the skills fuctions. The skill requiriment aren't necerely bad. Theres alot of game that made it pretty well. Anyway, i hope they develop some really creative and nice stuff cause the skill trees are a big part of the game, at least for me.
    "In time the hissing of her sanity
    Faded out her voice and soiled her name
    And like marked pages in a diary
    Everything seemed clean that is unstained
    The incoherent talk of ordinary days
    Why would we really need to live?
    Decide what is clear and what's within a haze
    What you should take and what to give" - Opeth
    I could find plenty of new info in there :) You have to read between the lines.

Man, so psyched about all the new "customization" features that they have not shown yet; I bet they will blow our socks off.

They have been saying that since the announcement. I start to wonder if they are just bluffing. :confused:
    I hope that they won't add too much customization.

I would just become confused.
    I hope that they won't add too much customization.

I would just become confused.

I think the more the better...

I think the more the better...

But my confuuuusion!!!

What about meeeee!!!

Anyway... I think that it is best to have max 3 systems with much customization than 50 with a little each. The primary systems used in D2 were Skills and Items (not attributes). D3 is so far using Skills and items as primary systems, and Runes as a secondary system.

I'm ok with a secondary system for Items, or something completely new, but I would not want another secondary way to customize your skills. Or even worse; secondary on secondary, like a way to put runes in runes. It would be too much to keep track of without careful planning.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes