I don't think having 3 major games in development, and even releasing at the same time, would be bad at all. I mean, they all appeal to completely different tastes. The WoW thing is only an expansion to begin with, so it wouldn't really fit under the "major game" category in my mind, although that is debatable. SCII is sci-fi, so all the sci-fi minded junkies would naturally want to go after that game, anyway. That would leave us, the romantic (dark) fantasy-loving people, who would naturally flock to a new Diablo game. Just my thoughts
[quote name='tRaDiNgYo']Hasn't it been said that Diablo 3 has been in development since 2002/2003? until Blizzard North was relocated, and the main founders left for Flagship.
It's pretty much been confirmed.
I'm pretty sure that Diablo 3 is announced on June 28th or 29th.
What else would this WWI be for. Just tournaments? lol nty.
From what I read the D3 (or rather the unnamed game they were working on that a former Bliz North guy said was D3) that was being worked on by the guys at Blizzard North was 100% tossed after Blizzard North was closed. Apparantly the game was not to the main Blizzards liking or something like that.
I would guess that elements of what they worked on must have survived as I find it hard to believe the whole kit n kaboodle was simply scrapped.
And to the thought that if D3 is an MMO then "oh well eff D3", my thought is since I have never played any of the myrid MMO's out there (WoW included) then an MMO Diablo will be the first MMO I will be inclined to bother with!
And if it is an MMO it had best be pretty dang awsome to have me to pay to play. But it will be Diablo. How can it be anything but awsome? Oh yeah...I forgot about Hellfire :rolleyes:
www.mythos.com This is essentially what I would see Diablo 3 being. Its from the same creators as diablo being made from blizzard north (broke off from blizzard if you know the history).
The game looks almost exactly identical to Diablo in ways. Check it out looks really cool. And like Diablo it will be FREE. before you flame saying this isn't Diablo actually LOOK at the site and the trailers and stuff.
Personally. im freaking excited to be apart of this community for the wait. Ive been following the little updates and how diligently the staff keeps an eye out for those tiny hints. im very glad the way blizz is doing this with the community, they're doin us right ;). i have a feeling that it will come soon, and if not its still cool to be apart of the community of real diablo fans
Private Mod Note
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
"I want to say something but I'll keep it to myself I guess and leave this useless post behind to make you aware that there WAS something... "
"We're like the downtown of the Diablo related internet lol"
I think this could be either good or bad. 75% chance that they will announce diablo 3 at wwi which is why they finally got diablo3.com, or 25% chance that they don't want any sites about diablo 3 because they are never making it and they want anyone who types anything about diablo to go directly to blizzard and maybe be interested in other blizzard games (like wow) since there's no diablo 3
Your second theory has some problems: 1) It costs a ton of money to maintain the domains they'd be buying just for them to all link to Blizzard. While they have a ton of money anyway, I doubt they'd want to waste any on some effort like that. 2) They already said that they weren't done with the Diablo franchise, and their writer, Knaak, said that he doesn't write for a dead franchise.