Windows 7 and Diablo II compatibility

Please help me!! I tried by patching to 1.13D and by following this guy.

Quote from Enty

You have to right click the icon, go to properties and check off everything under compatibility. That means 256 colors; 640x whatever resolution; disable visual themes; disable DPI scaling; Disable desktop compression; run in xp service pack 2 or 3; and run as administrator.
    Then you have to make your background ALL BLACK... then it will work..

I did all that and it still won't work!! I just freshly installed both Diablo II and LoD.

HELP ME!!!
    Just as the Scorpion hunts...
    Silently Lurking...

"Nothing is True. Everything is Permitted." ~ Ezio Auditore de Firenze
    I got it to work and fixed colors by using windowed mode.

How do I make the window bigger?
    Silently Lurking...

Everybody here is USELESS!!!

I'm just kidding, I figured it out again. I will post my settings for reference.

I have the game in windowed mode which is -w at the end of the target line, then double clicked the title bar to get the window to expand to the upper and lower screen limits.

I had it running on 3D mode (the thing from the video test when installing) and switched it to 2D which allowed the game to run in the first place. Now it's just run in Administrator mode. I didn't realize how bad the graphics were, but I just don't care. Diablo II has a certain feel to it that I believe Diablo 3 will never have.

Ahh, the power of Google.
    Silently Lurking...

Kudos on posting the solution instead of the typical "Nvm, fixed it myself" that drives me crazy whenever I'm searching how to fix stuff.

I like to run D2 in windowed mode, the 800x600 fullscreen drives me crazy.

EDIT: I have such great vocabulary; I used "drives me crazy" twice...
    Maybe you're Britney Spears :)

Besides, I'm not aware of problems with D2 under Win7, it just runs as it should for me and therefore probably for others, too. So maybe that's why no one responded.
    There is a glidewrapper which fixes most performance issues. There might be a problem with ingame videos.
    http://www.svenswrap...ish/whatis.html
    I don't understand that... that... thing that you call a wrapper. I doubt it will make my game any better.
    Silently Lurking...

Diablo 2 was made to work on old Voodoo Cards, man I remember how awesome I thought that vid card was.
    Had the same problem. But when i downloaded the expansion from Battle.net it suddenly worked. So purchase the expansion and try it. It should be pretty cheap now.
    Yep. Download the client from Battle.net. It will run flawlessly under Win7.
    I see the line in the sand.
    Time to find out who I am.
    Looking back to see where I stand.
    Evolution.

BNet Tag: Evolution85#1878
    DII LoD runs also great on Win8 here, just download the client from battle.net and make sure to install the latest patch.

DII:LoD hc ladder is taking me time off of DIII, lately.

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes