How often will this happen?

You honestly think that if one of your immediate friends doesn't need the legendary upgrade that you wouldn't head straight to the blacksmith to claim your Forgotten Soul? You'll just hold onto it just so that maybe you can trade it someday? I doubt that.
    Quote from MetabolicFrolic

You honestly think that if one of your immediate friends doesn't need the legendary upgrade that you wouldn't head straight to the blacksmith to claim your Forgotten Soul? You'll just hold onto it just so that maybe you can trade it someday? I doubt that.

Actually I would save it. If I know its hard to get my frostburns for my frost wiz but i found some ik gloves you'd bet your ass I'd save it just in case i come to pass a barb in a pub. What If he's got my frostburns or another piece of gear i may want? You really don't save good gear just because no one you know needs it?
    Not even Death will save you from Diablo Bunny's Cuteness!

Quote from Enty

Actually I would save it. If I know its hard to get my frostburns for my frost wiz but i found some ik gloves you'd bet your ass I'd save it just in case i come to pass a barb in a pub. What If he's got my frostburns or another piece of gear i may want? You really don't save good gear just because no one you know needs it?

Problem with live is that I can never find good gear anyways. This will probably change though in RoS. As for saving gear, yeah for myself... I have never once thought that I would save it to trade with a random. I have all classes to 60 so any good gear has always been consider for upgrading my own characters.
    Testing something.

Yup, tested already :)
    Last edited by Zero(pS): 12/6/2013 2:30:03 AM
    Warning: Test
    Quote from Efrye

How does everyone think you have to do nothing to get gear from trades? You need something of equal value (or higher) to make a trade. Now make a guess, where does an item with equal value come from?

Whoever said you need something of equal value? Friends often give to their friends without an actual "trade" in that sense. Or even more so, D2 games named "Free stuff". Ain't much exchange going on there.

And that's still someone "trading" that to you. I.e giving it to you - just in this case, in exchange for nothing. Beyond this - drop rates are still going to be great enough to eliminate the immedeat need for trading. If you like that beyond the point of nessecity - then it's a perosnal preference that does NOT reflect "the state of the game getting worse". That's you not liking trading not being there. can't please everyone.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CrazyPoochification - Let's Play of Eastern Sun/Other stuff
    Quote from Enty

Why put in BoA and completely ruin trading and any sort of economy?

To emphasise killing monsters for your own loot. In reality, getting X item to trade for Y item is a symptome of "I never see X item". It is not a direct feature in any sort of manner more so then a solution to a problem with drop rates.

And that is now being fixed with drop rates. Beyond this, they do not completely ruin trading. You can still trade with ppl who you actually PLAY WITH, IN A GAME, where they get their drops. God forbid that you actually have to participate in the kill to get that loot right? It's like you actually have to.. you know.. play the game. Heresy.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CrazyPoochification - Let's Play of Eastern Sun/Other stuff
    Quote from Doorsfan
    Quote from Efrye

How does everyone think you have to do nothing to get gear from trades? You need something of equal value (or higher) to make a trade. Now make a guess, where does an item with equal value come from?

Whoever said you need something of equal value? Friends often give to their friends without an actual "trade" in that sense. Or even more so, D2 games named "Free stuff". Ain't much exchange going on there.

And that's still someone "trading" that to you. I.e giving it to you - just in this case, in exchange for nothing. Beyond this - drop rates are still going to be great enough to eliminate the immedeat need for trading. If you like that beyond the point of nessecity - then it's a perosnal preference that does NOT reflect "the state of the game getting worse". That's you not liking trading not being there. can't please everyone.

Those "free stuff" games are just there to get rid of garbage. Those items are neither good nor worth anything. The same happens with gear given to friends, mostly starter gear. Nobody just gives his most precious stuff away, even to a friend. Just some spare parts, so the friends can play a little bit together without one of them being a huge burden. Furthermore it doesn't happen really often, you let it sound like everyone is giving away his gear for free. Welfare for everyone !
    Last edited by Efrye: 12/6/2013 3:33:46 AM
    Quote from Doorsfan
    Quote from Enty

Why put in BoA and completely ruin trading and any sort of economy?

To emphasise killing monsters for your own loot. In reality, getting X item to trade for Y item is a symptome of "I never see X item". It is not a direct feature in any sort of manner more so then a solution to a problem with drop rates.

And that is now being fixed with drop rates. Beyond this, they do not completely ruin trading. You can still trade with ppl who you actually PLAY WITH, IN A GAME, where they get their drops. God forbid that you actually have to participate in the kill to get that loot right? It's like you actually have to.. you know.. play the game. Heresy.

I like how you used the exact useless argument yet again to try and disprove the validity of my statement. You literally must've ignored my post in its entirety and then just picked out a sentence to use against me.

"To emphasize killing monster for your own loot" So wait, If they're not BoA I can just go in game and say i want item X and get it? COOL FEATURE MAN!

If you also haven't noticed there's something called RNG. LEt me introduce you to Mr. RNG say Hi. He does this thing that randomizes drops, so that there's a chance this drops over that, and well you know what sometimes Mr. RNG likes to be a complete and utter douchebag. Sometimes he feels like giving you a BIS IK glove and not your frostburns. Well shucks now I'm out of luck. So what to do, what to do, OH I KNOW THERE'S THIS WONDERFUL THING CALLED TRADING (should really start calling it bartering) THAT I CAN DO. THEY NEED X, AND I NEED Y. HE'S GOT Y AND I GOT X OH SHIT MAYBE WE CAN TRADE FOR IT!!! But no wait Blizzard said NO, why you ask? Well let's break it down. They want to stop Third-party sites, and without a legit alternative like the AH they had to do something right? So they said well BOA effectively stops the trading of items therefore you'd have to be in a game with a bot when he got that one item you were looking for. They thought it was a slim enough chance for that to happen so they put it in. Then they had this problem you see where drops weren't coming out and you'd basically never get geared cause they couldn't trade so they said ok we'll boost the drop rates. They literally made one big boo-boo and instead of properly stitching the wound they just stuck a band-aid on it and said go back to jumping over spike pits. It doesn't do anything for the game at all. I mean really is it that hard to understand? Is it really that hard to comprehend that BoA doesn't really add anything to the game at all and takes away a tool for an economy? I mean I'm not talking about freebies, I'm talking about legitimate bartering of a good for another good. ROS adds nothing for Loot, but Loot 2.0 yeah it adds a better drop rate basically forcing self-found which I'm sort of all for, but if you have been actually viewing streams and stayiong up to date on Diablo news you'd knwo that currently the drop rate is significantly boosted for beta. Meaning the super high amount of Legs dropping for streamers which really isn't all that much is going to be significantly less once live hits. So no it isn't being fixed with drop rates.

Finally to your third and utterly ignorant point, What if , maybe unlike you, I was to perhaps not play with others, but y'know by myself. ALONE. With NO ONE ELSE IN MY GAME. I'm just shit out of luck? Fuck me right? I chose to play alone for once and just fuck me right? Real solid logic right there. I mean this shit's just flowing with logic. God Forbid I actually wanted to play solo for a night right? It's like they are just being.. you know.. fucking retarded
    Not even Death will save you from Diablo Bunny's Cuteness!

Probably about as much as I rush to get my Demonic Essence.
    BurningRope#1322
    I'm starting to think that the 2-hour long window for trading should include everybody, not just the people who were in the game when an item dropped.
    Pietrak#2537 - changed my battle.tag just for you ;P
    ^^ I will definitely cheers to that.

Probably about as much as I rush to get my Demonic Essence.

Demonic Essences got unexciting as soon as I got four of them to upgrade those gear slots. Forgotten Souls are going to be much more useful in Reaper of Souls as they are used to reroll legendaries and craft legendary items.

Demonic Essences got unexciting as soon as I got four of them to upgrade those gear slots. Forgotten Souls are going to be much more useful in Reaper of Souls as they are used to reroll legendaries and craft legendary items.

No one should be rushing to destroy items. Seriously. This isn't a single-player game. "You'll be excited for Forgotten Souls" is what I'd expect someone to tell me if the game were offline and single-player. But it's not.

If I get a fifth pair of IK gloves I should have something to enjoy from it other than "well I guess you can enchant with it... I guess." Even though I probably WILL use it for enchanting (or crafting) it would be nice to have the illusion of a choice... to at least think there is some value/use in the item outside of going to an NPC to roll the dice again.

What is the point of an online game if design decisions are just going to make it a single-player game with not much more than LAN support?
    66.0k elite kills :: 1.97m total kills :: p244
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)
    ^^DRM. ^_^
    Last edited by Maka: 12/6/2013 12:37:35 PM
    You guys aren't seeing Blizzard's vision correctly. This is what capital J wanted. He developed an Action house so that people would become used to the way trading worked. In order to make ROS different and edgy they removed it and turned a 360 on their players. They know the players (like me and you) don't have accurate memories of how they play Diablo so they removed the AH and made trading almost impossible. I cannot wait to purchase the CE of diablo 3 reaper of souls.

I mean think about it. If you start up a brand new crusader and start finding legendary items, trading these items to other people would disrupt the flow of the game. Everyone would have every legendary and there would be no point in leveling your crusader. Legendaries essentially make leveling redundant.
    Quote from GDI

In order to make ROS different and edgy they removed it and turned a 360 on their players.

You're not a math guy, are you.
    Quote from GDI

They know the players (like me and you) don't have accurate memories of how they play Diablo...

I am not 70 years old and played Diablo 2 and 3 recently. I have an accurate memory of this.

Quote from GDI

If you start up a brand new crusader and start finding legendary items, trading these items to other people would disrupt the flow of the game.

No, who is forcing you to leave the game immediately to go to trade?

Quote from GDI

Everyone would have every legendary and there would be no point in leveling your crusader.

No and no.

Quote from GDI

Legendaries essentially make leveling redundant.

Also no.
    Last edited by Efrye: 12/6/2013 1:12:05 PM
    :lol:
    Quote from GDI

You guys aren't seeing Blizzard's vision correctly. This is what capital J wanted. He developed an Action house so that people would become used to the way trading worked. In order to make ROS different and edgy they removed it and turned a 360 on their players. They know the players (like me and you) don't have accurate memories of how they play Diablo so they removed the AH and made trading almost impossible. I cannot wait to purchase the CE of diablo 3 reaper of souls.

I mean think about it. If you start up a brand new crusader and start finding legendary items, trading these items to other people would disrupt the flow of the game. Everyone would have every legendary and there would be no point in leveling your crusader. Legendaries essentially make leveling redundant.

Maka beat me to it, but...

Last edited by miles_dryden: 12/6/2013 1:21:20 PM
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes