Players quitting after 1.0.3

1.0.3 hit me just like most of the community. I didnt like it very much because it had more nerfs than buffs (I think i can count the number of buffs on one hand). Of course, when you make changes there are always cry babys talking about quitting because things aren't going the way they planned. If quitting is your ultimatum then there is no stopping you, but I implore you gamers to try something new. Stop being so stubborn.

Diablo was never about 1 class/build fits all. Diablo was never about stacking a single attribute or looking for that "end game" item where everyone will eventually be wearing the exact same thing. Diablo has always been a reap-what-you-sow game and ultimately it all comes down to either time or luck. 1.0.3 balanced the game. That's right, no more belial power leveling, goblin hunting, botting, and stacking. "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade!" If it wasn't for this patch, I would still be running a glass cannon DH with 12k HP, stacking everything into DEX and Atack Speed. If I were stubborn I would have probably quit as well, but we are humans. Humans learn to adapt to challenges, work around obsticles. If we didn't have that in our genes we would have died along with the dinosaurs.

Fellow gamers, open your eyes throw away your stubborness. Stop stacking attack speed (ridiculously over priced) and single attributes. This is not a one build game, play around with the thousands of possible combination of builds and gears available. Read the class forums and try out other peoples suggestions. ADAPT. Find your own builds to post! THIS is the fun that Diablo was designed upon.

I for one, am no longer "kiting" packs with the fear that even a droplet of elite sweat could kill my frail glass canon DH. Instead, I can now stand and tank them. Now there are much more possibilities to try.

Have fun
    Some who gets it. Bravo sir for being amongst the majority of players (but minority of VOCAL players).
    Yeah, the patch has improved things for me too.
    I'm not in act 3/4 (I'm in act 2) - are the unhappy people the ones who had reached act 3+?
    +1 for speaking the truth.
    Quote from LDVinci
    If we didn't have that in our genes we would have died along with the dinosaurs.

Sense. ...
    =╦=╩=╦=╩=╦=╩=╦=╩=╦=╩=
    =╩=╦=╩=╦=╩=╦=╩=╦=╩=╦=
    =╦=╩=╦=╩=╦=╩=╦=╩=╦=╩=
    =╩=╦=╩=╦=╩Crankson╦=╩
    =
    =╦=╩=╦=╩=╦=╩=╦=╩=╦=╩=
    People are not leaving the game because of attack speed or any damage nerfs, you got it a bit wrong.

People are leaving the game because of simple things they got bothered with :

1. Drop rate is ruined and game is completely broken now. Farming is completely useless now, unless you want to vendor everything you get.
    2. People are annoyed with RMAH and AH. I personally don't have anything against those but it would be better without them probably.
    3. There are so many broken classes, broken skills and so many bugs.
    4. There is no end game for hard core players. This is not D2, this is not time of gaming from 1999. This is 2012 and people like challenges, end game content and rewarding system.

So once again, there are many issues with the game and damage is the last problem. I m personally still playing game even tho I cleaned entire content 3 weeks ago. Loot is currently broken as long as many other things. I m not a flamer, QQ'er or anything like that.

I m not fan of blizzard nor any other gaming company. I play games I like, I don't care who made them. Be realistic and don't look at the game subjectively.
    I hope blizzard will fix this game soon cause game itself has a lot of potential to rock and roll.

Have fun
    Well said sir

But to be honest, this patch wasn't even that bad, and easy to adapt to IF you actually wanted to, you hit the nail on the head when mentioning stubbornness. There was a lot of people who quit over it, this can be seen in the amount of publics there are today versus the amount there was 2 weeks ago. Ultimately this patch cleansed the game of one dimensional cry babies that flood gaming communities everywhere with there negative attitudes.

Since day one of this patch the only aspect of it that bothered me more than anything was the high amount of wear and tear repair costs, I fully agree with your bank account being shredded as a penalty for dying, but haven't agreed with the high wear and tear costs. But i've moved on and just avoid deaths as meticulously as possible and swallow the 5 to 7k repair costs for just playing the game.

The patch cleaned the Diablo 3 community and the patches going forward will have a much more positive aspect to them because of it.
    As a hardcore player, I appreciate the easier difficulty on inferno.

Also, the dinosaur part gave me a good laugh. ;)
    Most people I know who quit after 1.03 didn't quit because their specs were suddenly broken or because the game was suddenly too easy or anything like that. They quit the game because it is currently too unrewarding.
    Most of the people I know were farming a3. They were doing that a lot and were usually rewarded with good loot. At least it felt rewarding.
    This isn't happening anymore. The loot system feels out of whack post-patch.

Before 1.03 my friends list showed me about 20-25 people being online when I was playing. Post-patch there are no more than 10 of my friends playing - if at all.

I'm sure glad that you people, who weren't previously able to progress for whatever reason, are now able to do so.
    However, people who had the later acts on farm status see how much of a complete waste of time it is at the moment.
    That is why they quit. Not because of some silly IAS nerf.
    Hopefully, the updated Legendaries will give the high end farmers something worthwhile to farm for.
    Lets just hope that they fix broken skills in next patch, and other things ^_^
    Diablo 2 is fun because (1) promote coop - only botter play solo. (2) it is not gear dependent

Diablo 3 is build around RMAH.

1 - punish coop. The game is much hard playing coop

2 - gear dependent. You cannot kill anything when you are naked.
    Quote from Uman

Most people I know who quit after 1.03 didn't quit because their specs were suddenly broken or because the game was suddenly too easy or anything like that. They quit the game because it is currently too unrewarding.
    Most of the people I know were farming a3. They were doing that a lot and were usually rewarded with good loot. At least it felt rewarding.
    This isn't happening anymore. The loot system feels out of whack post-patch.

Before 1.03 my friends list showed me about 20-25 people being online when I was playing. Post-patch there are no more than 10 of my friends playing - if at all.

I'm sure glad that you people, who weren't previously able to progress for whatever reason, are now able to do so.
    However, people who had the later acts on farm status see how much of a complete waste of time it is at the moment.
    That is why they quit. Not because of some silly IAS nerf.

^what he said
    sad to kill 15-20 elite packs and get 1 blue ilvl 63 item but over 2384723894723946732846234826354623 55-59 shitcrap.
    leveled my third character and playing mainly in AH atm, grinded act 3 a lot (around 430h~ played). feels like working for an € per day. With the higher repair cost its better to idle in the AH and get some cheap stuff which can be sold expensive.
    hope they fix the +% dmg bug (ie +5% TO poison damage shouldnt give +5% ALL damage) + natalyas 4pc, so not everyone is aiming for the SAME gear pieces ~~
    Perception, do you have it?

I didn't want to use the full quote for fear of sounding too aggressive. So far this topic is full of others who have it (and one who doesnt). There are frustrating aspects to the changes but there is good also.

You complainers think you are the majority because you connect through forums with thousands of others who share your opinion. Thousands.

But this is enough to give you the opinion that more people agree with your reasons for hating Diablo 3 than actually exist.

Bandwagon Effect, Clustering Illusion, Confirmation Bias.....

I wish some of these people freaking out on the forums would smoke something to "calm" down, because you aren't Chicken Little, and the sky is not falling. Yet.
    bend over and silently accept whatever blizz wants to do to you. got it. it's blizzard that doesn't 'get it'
    Quote from cw30000

Diablo 2 is fun because (1) promote coop - only botter play solo.

That's not quite accurate. ;) I had a ton of fun playing D2 solo, and I'm extremely opposed to bots or anything of the sort. And many of my friends played the same way.
    You are so wrong if you think there are no bots in 1.0.3 ....
    Well played.

Some people do really need to get over themselves and start looking for things to do other than greasing the bandwagon wheels and complaining about things they only glanced at in another thread, troll mentality in a nutshell to be honest
    1.03 was an improvement. But I'm kinda waiting for 1.1 (legendary buff, class balancing)
    you have to be blind to not see all the things wrong with the game.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes