lol@ trading on forums

i find it funny that the forums are flooding lately with " ITEMS FOR SALE, and LOOK AT THESE ITEMS! and selling these rares!" since there is an AUCTION HOUSE. Use the damn auction house people thats why its there lol. just my opinion haha
    People don't want to lose 15% I guess... It's still annoying though.
    Playing Diablo since 97. I know nothing and having nothing good to say, I be a troll.
    You can only sell 10 items per 2 days on the auction house so people post here.
    the game is still new, kinda hard to guess the currency of some rolls.
    also most ppl dont wanna lock their cashcow for several days.
    ... and there is a fee :)
    Quote from Deventh

This soo much... I get about 5-10 sellable rares a day... not every 2 weeks.
    yeah thats true i guess 15% does suck. well i farm inferno daily and get about 10 sweet rare items per day, and sell them within a few hours or even a day sometimes. just know what its worth and sell it for a decent price and not 10million an item. i find when i sell a lotta items for a cheaper price i make more per hour anyways and it keeps me farming more and more. i dunno it just seems weird to goto forums thats all haha o wells
    Sometimes you get that AWESOME item and wants to sell it for like 10m but you don't want to receive only 8.5.
    Plus, only 10 items at AH and you cannot remove, or you sell, or you wait untill they expire.
    Forums helps a lot.
    Why do you care if people use forums to trade???

how does it affect you?? it is something that used to happen a lot in d2 and built a nice community in some cases...

age old suggestion if you dont like it dont use it dont get your "issue"
    Currently Playing: Rake Lvl 60 SC Barb Inferno Act 2

~~~~~ Rake#2405 Mature UK Based player always looking for like minded players for some co-op/General BS always happy to help feel free to send over an invite~~~~
    Quote from Rake84

how does it affect you?? it is something that used to happen a lot in d2 and built a nice community in some cases...

Reckon OP could easily counter with "Why do you care if people care others use forums to trade?" "How does it affect you?".

Agree the trading will bring more fun to the game and I hope all decent players use forums and trade channels more rather than posting on the auction house. It makes the game much more fun and make the item heaps more rewarding when you trade for weeks and finally find the epic stats from a Amulet than spending 10 secs on filter and click buyout.
    Quote from Rake84

Because recent posts on the home page are flooded with WTS, GODLY, etc etc. Usually in caps as well.
    Quote from Alexander.A
    Reckon OP could easily counter with "Why do you care if people care others use forums to trade?" "How does it affect you?".

Yeah well why do you care if people care that people care that others use the forums to trade?
    in D2 i only traded via forums and i still like it more than the AH
    Quote from ausmara

Quote from Rake84

Because recent posts on the home page are flooded with WTS, GODLY, etc etc. Usually in caps as well.

OH NOES THE CAPS!!!

anyway in seriousness there was no care factor in my reply, I was making the point of all the things I have seen people complain about, complaining about people using a seperate forum to trade is just silly.... I prefer to trade via forums much more fun to barter and scour whats on offer...

but thats just me

~~~~~ Rake#2405 Mature UK Based player always looking for like minded players for some co-op/General BS always happy to help feel free to send over an invite~~~~
    Quote from jrc1337

i find it funny that the forums are flooding lately with " ITEMS FOR SALE, and LOOK AT THESE ITEMS! and selling these rares!" since there is an AUCTION HOUSE. Use the damn auction house people thats why its there lol. just my opinion haha

I find it funny that you have so much time to waste as to post a new thread about it.
    Quote from Deventh

- Yes, if you put a price like 200k on mediocre rare with subpar stats you do have to wait 2 days to get that slot free.
    People don't trust the AH after losing thousands of gold or items
    Quote from jrc1337

The funny thing is that the way Blizzard implemented the AH and the RMAH (and battle net) are severely flawed.

First, the AH is a gold sink and has a limit, leading to people trading item for item/gold on forum.

Second, the way games are now created and joined, makes it very difficult for you to create games with the intent on trading items. You have to add soembody to your friends list to trade for a specific item.

Third, you can't get your real money back from blizzard when you use the real money auction house. Thus, people will still trade on forums, for real money. With paypal being the way it is, it will be very easy for people to securely trade items for $$, or $$ for items. Ain't no way in hell I'm giving blizzard $$ just to buy items in game, when I can use that money offline for better items. And also sell my items offline for the cash.

Fourth, bring back the cow level, get rid of whimsyshire you butthurt devs.

Quote from Stalker7d7

Quote from jrc1337

The funny thing is that the way Blizzard implemented the AH and the RMAH (and battle net) are severely flawed.

First, the AH is a gold sink and has a limit, leading to people trading item for item/gold on forum.

Second, the way games are now created and joined, makes it very difficult for you to create games with the intent on trading items. You have to add soembody to your friends list to trade for a specific item.

Third, you can't get your real money back from blizzard when you use the real money auction house. Thus, people will still trade on forums, for real money. With paypal being the way it is, it will be very easy for people to securely trade items for $$, or $$ for items. Ain't no way in hell I'm giving blizzard $$ just to buy items in game, when I can use that money offline for better items. And also sell my items offline for the cash.

Fourth, bring back the cow level, get rid of whimsyshire you butthurt devs.

I agree with ^

I don't really know many friends (RL and gamer) who are playing D3 with any conviction at the moment (have a few casually playing through nm atm) so for me trading on the forums bartering, bs'in in the chat suites in D2 all add to the immersion and you get to know some cool people and regular co-op hook up's.

Problem with the AH is it is so cold.... Select stats and search you cant even see who is selling so you can make a nearest offer or haggle out the sale. I am using the AH at the moment to buy a few peices to make a dent in act 2 inferno (heads up massive difficulty increase) but I intend when hitting act 3 to start trying to trade via the trade board here or (heaven forbid) the offical forum feels much more involved and fun than posting into the AH void and locking an item for 2 days

Quote from Slayerviper

People don't want to lose 15% I guess... It's still annoying though.

Pretty much this, I don't sell small shit like some people, but when I have an item worth over 20 million, 15% is a lot.
    The real question is,

Why do you care that people care about people who cares about people who cares about people trading on the forums?
    Quote from name="Bashiok" »

End game solutions
    We recognize that the item hunt is just not enough for a long-term sustainable end-game. There are still tons of people playing every day and week, and playing a lot, but eventually they're going to run out of stuff to do (if they haven't already). Killing enemies and finding items is a lot of fun, and we think we have a lot of the systems surrounding that right, or at least on the right path with a few corrections and tweaks. But honestly Diablo III is not World of Warcraft.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes