Razer Naga for Diablo?

Anyone else plan on using a Razer Naga for Diablo? With the Diablo series being a click fest it would seem silly, but keeping all the quick keys on hand could be useful. My left hand can then be used to give high fives for all the ass I’m kicking.

Seriously though, anyone thought about this?
    If you play with a naga you can play with one hand. If that is your thing go for it but I do prefer playing with two I don't like having one sitting around doing nothing.

Also it may stree your hand a lot doing all the work.
    I'm planning on using my Naga to Play D3. But I've got a G13 gamepad also, and will probably hotkey all the necessary short cuts, but plan to use my Naga for most of my day to day gameplay, getting rid of my keyboard for anything except chat.

Although the Naga Hex seems to have been built with this game in mind?

http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_GB/pd/productID.244052300/categoryId.35208800
    Yeah I got the Naga specifically planning to use it for Diablo III. I will be playing on a laptop and would prefer if I can do nearly everything from my mouse. I plan to set the extra buttons left over after skills to other things like opening the different menus.

In my opinion using my laptop keyboard for the skills would not be very comfortable or efficient. If I was not going to use this mouse I think I would have to get something like the G13 number pad that Manus has.

The other thing I don't understand is why wouldn't the Diablo III themed mouse be more like the naga. I am not saying it should have a 12 button pad but at least enough to have all of the skill bar on the mouse.
    Hell yeah! Ive gotten so used to my naga by now that it would be harder for me not to use it :o

On a sidenote, I also have a razer nostromo in use, which I also plan to use.
    Will see which will be more suited to landing efficient combos & such.
    Quote from Kazlan

The other thing I don't understand is why wouldn't the Diablo III themed mouse be more like the naga. I am not saying it should have a 12 button pad but at least enough to have all of the skill bar on the mouse.

My suspicion would be that Razer already have a patent out for both the naga, and the hex variant, and steelseries wanted to go their own way. I got to play with both the steelseries mouse and headset at Blizzcon, and they both have a nice feel to them. Not like the World of Warcraft mouse which felt really cheap.
    I wouldn't buy another Naga. I bought 2 a year or so ago and both defunct now.

The left button always double-clicks, same on both mice. reading around the net it seems to be a common problem - not built to last, the parts wear out too quickly. Considering how much they cost I'm a bit miffed - I still have laser mice from years ago that work fine.
    I had issues with the Naga so I returned to my old Track ball mouse, but hoping I can get good use from my G510 keyboard.
    I bought the diablo 3 mouse from steelseries (http://steelseries.com/products/games/diablo-iii/steelseries-diablo-iii-mouse).

it's sturdy and they claim it's made for at least 10mil clicks. Has enough buttons for custimizations and a nifty software that actually counts your clicks as you make them. plus doesnt cost as much as the naga.

The choice is yours in the end... the naga is an excellent mouse aswell, my friend has one. But i"ve always considered it kind of a 'wow' mouse. heavy customizable for a lot of skills wich d3 wont need.
    I wouldn't specifically pick up a Naga (maybe the Hex, but not the original) for D3, but since I have it, I might make use of it... it's always nice in WoW to be able to take my hand off the keyboard for a second without having to stop what I'm doing. I have skills in WoW mapped to all the keys, but I actually only use a handful of them on a regular basis because I don't really feel like I can react as quickly with my thumb as I can with my left hand on the keyboard.

I'm sure I'll make use of the keypad though, at the very least for menus so I don't have to reach across the keyboard. I'll have skills mapped, but I think I'll use more of the keyboard in this case too.
    I don't use a pure gaming mouse, I go for comfort and just a few buttons for my thumb.
    However, I do have the Logitech G13 so I guess I will use that one to activate special skills macros.
    I have the steelseries diablo 3 mouse. I love it :) It's fairly simple and everything about it just feels fkn great, cant really point out what but it just feels good :D.. And should be optimized for diablo 3 so i recommend it!
    I wonder, I have one already but I guess I'll have to see how it plays out at first with the initial skill keybinds.

It's usually good for games with a crapton of keybinds that you have to use a lot (ie mmos).

I guess I could get a better idea when the game comes out or if I get to play the beta *wink* *wink*
    A heavy misconception in terms of Naga is the term gaming-mouse its just not true. I use it for gaming, browsing, MS Office, coding, photoshop. Mine is now 2 years old and still working like expected. Sure it takes a while getting used to it but once you have done that you will ask yourself you could have done things without that great piece for so long?

Switch to advanced mode and you can use the modifier keys (ctrl alt cmd) too so thats 12*3 = 36 buttons on your mouse!

Steelseries mice is just one thing themed and hardly the same quality as Razer is offering. Reason others cant use that style is - like someone mentioned Razer has tons of patents for this thing.
    Lots of mice have 7 buttons or more. I certainly wouldn't buy it for D3, or any razor product again for that matter. It sort of like alienware, you are buying hype more than anything else.
    Do you want to get scammed? Perhaps a nice keylogger?
    "Just google "diablo 3 gold guide" and magical rainbow covered demons will assault your eyes."
    I bought a Naga during my WoW days and love using it for the D3 beta, and PoE beta. Works wonders as a ranged character since I can use my shift key to stay stationary and not accidently move when I need to stay still. Lets me stay in one place and turret easily while still being able to use my skills. Very handy.
    I'm using an imperator in the beta and its F! sweet
    >Winning
    So a few months ago I went crazy about this Razer Naga. I asked people for opinions at one forum. They sad that those Nagas are great, but they can break pretty easily and their construction is fragile. After reading all those statements I think that I will just stick to my current mouse. I don't think that you need Razer Naga in order to play "D3" at high level. You just need your mouse and few keyboard's keys ant that's all.
    Quote from Ayr

If you play with a naga you can play with one hand. If that is your thing go for it but I do prefer playing with two I don't like having one sitting around doing nothing.

Also it may stree your hand a lot doing all the work.

i agree as well, plus im used to the f1 f2 f3 f4 buttons so i think switching to just a mouse would feel very uncomfortable, tho doing just one handed mouse play might give me arthritus so im good lol.
    -U.S ARMY VETERAN-
    Im using a G9 on my laptop, and a naga on my stationary. Whatever I am doing, im longing for the G9. I cant stand the naga ive had for 6 months now and used a lot. I am used to it, but I still dont care for it. Guess I need to go to the store and finger some mice before I decide what new to get. Another G9 is a hot contender though.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes