Guns in D3

I didn't realize there were going to be guns in Diablo 3! Anyone else?

From the DH page...
    "Demon hunters are able to pepper the battlefield with scores of arrows and projectiles, or snipe distant enemies with a precision undreamt of by other heroes. Their arsenal includes longbows, guns, grenades, hand-thrown weapons, and even dual-wielded crossbows."

Sweeeeeet :D
    Not necessarily guns per se, but explosives. Grenades, bombs, rockets. I NEED MOAR ROCKETS.

Edit I just read that now, guns wouldn't be out of place with all the gunpowder we have going on.
    bowgun is a type of crossbow and is shortened as "gun"
    A hundred thousand worlds, ten hundred thousand wars. There is no respite, there is nowhere to hide. Across the galaxy there is only war.
    Nice catch, I didn't see that the first time.

Ya I wonder wat that means. ik they arent confusing it with xbow pistols cus those are listed after that. hmmm.

TROLLS!!!

EDIT: Zhuge asnwered the question I think, but I didn't see it cus thought I posted first. all of us posted with in the same minute lol.
    D3anonymous

@Upgradez I could've faceplanted on the keyboard and still killed everything in act 1.

-Funny troll tweet
    That must be a typo. They said that guns are in no way going to be part of D3.
    The little boat gently drifted across the pond exactly the way a bowling ball wouldn’t...
    At the end of her trailer, the DH hands a gun to the little girl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WByqPqwBrzs
    It's not a gun, you silly boy. It's a 1h-crossbow ;)

(Formerly known as Chemedeiros)
    That 'gun' the Demon Hunter hands to the survivor is the grip of a hand crossbow.
    Quote from Seb

At the end of her trailer, the DH hands a gun to the little girl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WByqPqwBrzs

Trailer's show us what type of weapons we shall have?!?

And someone said it was the grip of a crossbow anyhow...
    Quote from Kargos

That 'gun' the Demon Hunter hands to the survivor is the grip of a hand crossbow.

I dunno, it might be, but I'd find it weird, the way she hands it. You just don't handle a crossbow that way it

Quote from TheWeirdOne

Trailer's show us what type of weapons we shall have?!?

Of course, seeing as all the skills she uses and the monsters being killed are from the game, I would expect the weapons to be too.
    Quote from Seb

I dunno, it might be, but I'd find it weird, the way she hands it. You just don't handle a crossbow that way it

When you look at the trailer you see the grip is the same as the crossbow she was holding so.... yeah.

Of course, seeing as all the skills she uses and the monsters being killed are from the game, I would expect the weapons to be too.

Even if it was a gun, it wouldn't mean anything at all. A trailer is just a trailer.
    john woo style ?

2x DEagle vs barbs whirl wind ?

dodge this BOOM, dead barb..

nah dnt think so.
    Pretty sure I remember a blue saying once that there will be no guns in Diablo, and agree with the others that it probably refers to the one hand pistol grip crossbows that are the DH signature weapons.

I would also be very disappointed with the game if 'guns' as we know them entered the Diablo Universe. Grenades and firebombs I can live with, rockets were a bit of a stretch but I'll see how they go. Guns however, in my mind, would ruin the medieval fantasy feel of the game and would ruin all immersion as badly as if Blizzard sold rights for the DH to wear only all Harley Davidson branded leathers.
    "It takes a man with real heart...to make beauty out of the stuff that makes us weep." - Clive Barker
    Quote from Laevus

Pretty sure I remember a blue saying once that there will be no guns in Diablo, and agree with the others that it probably refers to the one hand pistol grip crossbows that are the DH signature weapons.

I would also be very disappointed with the game if 'guns' as we know them entered the Diablo Universe. Grenades and firebombs I can live with, rockets were a bit of a stretch but I'll see how they go. Guns however, in my mind, would ruin the medieval fantasy feel of the game and would ruin all immersion as badly as if Blizzard sold rights for the DH to wear only all Harley Davidson branded leathers.

I hate to break it to you but Firearms were available during the later stages of that time. Granted most of them were quite useless except for the noise and the smoke it created. Most of the weapons that used gun powder were large cannons and used as siege weapons. But some rifle sized cannons started to show up likely in 12th century.
    Quote from Hans

Quote from Laevus

I hate to break it to you but Firearms were available during the later stages of that time. Granted most of them were quite useless except for the noise and the smoke it created. Most of the weapons that used gun powder were large cannons and used as siege weapons. But some rifle sized cannons started to show up likely in 12th century.

I've enjoyed reading about medieval history for several years now, and if I recall correctly the earliest guns are experimented with around 1290-1350 (Scandinavia and China) but full integration of firearms didn't begin until the 1500s earliest. Large scale canon did make more of an appearance earlier, much to the misery of some unfortunate ships loaded with too many them. But this is :offtopic: and likely to result in an argument I'll likely lose since I tend to switch off when guns are mentioned (never liked them) and probably have my facts wrong anyway :)

My argument is more that I don't like guns and personally don't think they would fit into the medieval fantasy world of Diablo. Whether the technology would be around for the possible our-world time equivalent of the period is irrelevant to me.

Demons, bandits and skeletons firing bows at me is fine. Throwing fireballs and screaming pygmies at me, both fine. Shooting a gun at me, no thanks. Leave the guns in Warcraft (with their flying machines, steam tanks and other oddities).
    "It takes a man with real heart...to make beauty out of the stuff that makes us weep." - Clive Barker
    Quote from Astion

That must be a typo. They said that guns are in no way going to be part of D3.

and yet they are ok with ''ROCKETS'', ''GRANADES'', ''BOBMS'' and i even seen somwhere ''BULLETS'' oh yeah Evasive fire skill with crimson rune called Shrapnel (Fire exploding bullets that also deal 70% weapon damage to all enemies within 8.5 yards of the primary target) and obsidian rune called Withering fire (Fire a spread of bullets that hit up to 9 targets for 54% weapon damage each.)
    I can 100% confirm, there is no guns in the current build, regardless of some of the strings we found.
    "All generalizations are false, including this one." -Mark Twain
    This discussion again? It's like I'm stuck in a time loop. :P

Last we heard, no guns in Diablo, haven't seen evidence of any either.
    My question is, do homing missiles or exploding bombs or grenades count as -rockets- for the DH passive ability which increases rocket damage. I'm guessing bombs and grenades no, but missiles yes?
    I can 100% confirm, there is no guns in the current build

.. just so people don't forget, there's no guns in the current beta build. It could still change. Keep speculating everyone :lol:

I'd like to keep guns to the Torchlight world though =]
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes