WD / Invincible (HP-Regen gear)

Quote from Emberos

Quote from Beasty30

Come on you need ahours to kill anything with toads... Even with 200k dps it takes ages its not a good build for itemfarming or XP.
    I do mp 5-6 alkaizers in 15mins right now, I m trying to gear for mp 7-10 allkaizer 15min runs. Toads can NEVER do that.

If you're going for efficiency XP/Items, you probably shouldn't be farming MP5-6 let alone 7-10. RoT/Acid Rain and the like work like a champ on lower MP which is what's most efficient to farm at the moment anyway.

With 500mill + gear you can farm mp4-6 like its mp1.. I dont have nearly perfect gear and everything just dies instantly with bears. I have 175k dps 700ar and 70k health. I think 200-250k dps is easily possibly without having perfect high end gear, with that gear you can farm mp 6-7 very effective.

Atm i farm mp4 with max mf. I timestoppped my xp per hour its the best for me on mp4 if i want max mf. Without max mf I think i would peak at mp 5-7..
    Even barbs that are chewing through things very fast with Sprint have found MP1 to be far more efficient. Yes you can kill things fast at MP4 -- so can I -- but not nearly as fast as you can at MP1. The bonus xp/mf don't scale enough -- this argument has pretty much been driven to death.

In fairness, I play predominantly at MP4-5 anyway -- knowing it's less efficient -- mainly because it keeps me more engaged and repetitive runs at MP1 would make me quit in short order.
    Like i said my xp/hour is higher on mp4 compared to mp1-2.
    Barbs are different. They dont "kill" stuff they just sprint through mobs and tornado kills the mobs. Thats why low mp is fastest for barbs, this is not the case for other classes.
    Mathematics makes this highly unlikely. That said, it's Friday night and I'd much rather spend my time playing the game than on the forums arguing about the mechanics of it . . . so we'll just agree to disagree on this one. Kind of a diversion from original thread purpose anyway.
    dont get fooled by topic title and statement about *farming* mp10 with such gear (low armor and reses) he can just turtle mp10 with intense backtracking on packs while hiding behind pets that die to aoe,
    27k hp is 2 hits from bulkier mobs with such gear
    very boring way to play
    Quote from Emberos

Mathematics makes this highly unlikely. That said, it's Friday night and I'd much rather spend my time playing the game than on the forums arguing about the mechanics of it . . . so we'll just agree to disagree on this one. Kind of a diversion from original thread purpose anyway.

Actually at a certain gear point a wd using bears overkills a lot of stuff on mp1, even elites.
    If you can kill a pack of elites in 5 seconds on mp1 and do it in 10 seconds on mp4 (more or less obviously, its 130%hp vs 220%), where trash is 1 shot anyway, then there is very little sense in playing on mp1.
    Say you kill ~40 packs (again, just an example) a run, thats what... 200 seconds added to your run, that's a little over 3 minutes pal. You spend a lot more running between packs.

So yeah, I for one would really like you to whip those mathematical examples that prove me otherwise.

What I can agree on is that the bonuses don't scale enough past mp 7-8, anything between 1-6 is more than fine, it's when you get close to mp10 that things start to get a little ridiculous in the effort vs reward department.
    So, in your example you're taking 100% longer to kill a pack and for your trouble you get about 19% more magic find (assuming you are capped). You don't see the problem here?

There are plenty of threads, videos, etc. that show the benefits of running at lower MP levels and why the xp/mf gain just doesn't scale to match the extra time taken. Search them out . . .or don't. At the end of the day, play how you enjoy.
    just look at this: wd-acid-rain-build-superfarm ( i cant paste urls its the wd-acid rain build super farm build in this forum with video..)
    Just imagine someone with 3x better gear doing it with bears on higher mp. Packs literally die when i look at them at mp4 there is nothing that could be faster on mp1...

Also funny that op never posted the actual video of him being able to "farm" mp10 ^^
    Yeah, I saw the vid and it's good stuff. So, when you say you have 3x better gear, I take this to mean you have 450k character-sheet scoundrel-buffed only DPS? And that you are doing better than 65 mill xp per hour on MP4? And that, because you find it funny that people don't post videos, that you have one? Let me guess . . . No? No? and No?
    Quote from Beasty30

Like i said my xp/hour is higher on mp4 compared to mp1-2.
    Barbs are different. They dont "kill" stuff they just sprint through mobs and tornado kills the mobs. Thats why low mp is fastest for barbs, this is not the case for other classes.

It's boring as hell on MP1-3 like emberos said, it's much more appealing to me to go for 5-6 on my barb, and I'm a crit rend barb which Is more fun than holding right click and falling asleep
    Quote from Emberos

Yeah, I saw the vid and it's good stuff. So, when you say you have 3x better gear, I take this to mean you have 450k character-sheet scoundrel-buffed only DPS? And that you are doing better than 65 mill xp per hour on MP4? And that, because you find it funny that people don't post videos, that you have one? Let me guess . . . No? No? and No?

I really dont want to argue gear with you. But i was talking about goldworth gear.
    Also i very much doubt a wd makes 65mill xp per hour without lootskipping :)
    So, how does this build do when you are not farming hallways?
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes