The True Power of Monk Sweeping Wind

Quote from thesikaleon
    You only know one definition of bot, do you?
    u can add combination strike too (deadly reach foresight for 18% more dmg, and classic fot thunderclap) sbdy also adds third spirit generator for even bigger bonus on comb strike (personaly not sure if its worth it)..
    It isnt really botting imo, but judging by how Blizzard normally rationalizes these things, it is probably exploiting. Which isnt so different of course.

In the end Blizzard probably wont ban anyone for it. Much simpler to just remove the reason to use it in the first place; snapshot effect on gear swapping.

I dont understand how people can say it would be a nerf to all monks to remove the snapshot effect... it wouldn't affect anyone else than those who (ab-)used that mechanic.
    Now if blizzard made a broad nerf to the monk to compensate for having the snapshot effect. THAT would indeed be a nerf for everyone.
    Quote from martysuchy

u can add combination strike too (deadly reach foresight for 18% more dmg, and classic fot thunderclap) sbdy also adds third spirit generator for even bigger bonus on comb strike (personaly not sure if its worth it)..

Ahh yes there are quite a few ways to make this a lot stronger but in my experience its not really the most efficient nor the safest so I refrained from other using them.
    Quote from Shadout

I dont understand how people can say it would be a nerf to all monks to remove the snapshot effect... it wouldn't affect anyone else than those who (ab-)used that mechanic.
    Now if blizzard made a broad nerf to the monk to compensate for having the snapshot effect. THAT would indeed be a nerf for everyone.

I think that at this point most monks use spells like blinding flash to buff their damage before using sweeping winds. This adds a big portion of one's damage. This requires no gear swapping, and it is hardly abuse to understand game mechanics and adapt to them.
    Quote from SolusCoda

Quote from Shadout

I think that at this point most monks use spells like blinding flash to buff their damage before using sweeping winds. This adds a big portion of one's damage. This requires no gear swapping, and it is hardly abuse to understand game mechanics and adapt to them.

Agree, and this is well said and one of the better arguments here.

The only thing I think should be killed is gear swapping. It never has settled well with me. Magic Find swapping is stupid and so is this. It moves beyond understanding and into the realm of being tedious as fuck.
    Quote from Dragonhiro89

Life Steal is snap shotted from sweeping with and that is what is healing me the entire time.

if i have weapon without lifesteal before activate cyclones and use a lifesteal weapon after cyclones activated then its only direct damage that heals me or cyclones still heal me?

Quote from Temsen

Any bot (farming, loot alert etc) has to interact with the game files.
    Blizzard can ban me cause listening to Judas Priest and I have mute the game music while playing ?
    Winamp running while i play the game, so change the game music. :facepalm:

I can use anything on my pc as long as it doesnt read or modify any of the game files.
    It cant be more simple than that.

Moreover you still ignore that Official Diablo 3 mouse support modifier/keyhold macros, read the FAQs at the official mouse site.
    And there have been so many topics around asking the blues if players can be banned for using macros and there is no direct answer.
    Guess why? They dont want to use it but they have no right to forbid it.
    Quote from thesikaleon

Quote from Dragonhiro89

Life Steal is snap shotted from sweeping with and that is what is healing me the entire time.

if i have weapon without lifesteal before activate cyclones and use a lifesteal weapon after cyclones activated then its only direct damage that heals me or cyclones still heal me?

Correct It will not gain lifesteal from cyclones since it was not snap-shotted with lifesteal. Unfortunately
    Quote from thesikaleon

Quote from Dragonhiro89

Quote from Temsen

Any bot (farming, loot alert etc) has to interact with the game files.
    Blizzard can ban me cause listening to Judas Priest and I have mute the game music while playing ?
    Winamp running while i play the game, so change the game music. :facepalm:

I can use anything on my pc as long as it doesnt read or modify any of the game files.
    It cant be more simple than that.

Moreover you still ignore that Official Diablo 3 mouse support modifier/keyhold macros, read the FAQs at the official mouse site.
    And there have been so many topics around asking the blues if players can be banned for using macros and there is no direct answer.
    Guess why? They dont want to use it but they have no right to forbid it.
    And still its bannable and people got banned for it...
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7166796714
    There are plenty of threads on the forums about people got banned for macro stuff or using something like "autohotkey".
    Words of wisdom: Don't follow the advice of people who won't have to deal with the consequences.
    Quote from thesikaleon
    Alright, one last try to make you understand what I'm talking about. A script/macro is an automated process, I hope you can agree with me there. You press one key and it does several actions in return.
    Now, you could set up your character in, say warrior's rest and then create a macro with your keyboard that clicks start button, buffs an aoe spell, like ice armor with frozen storm so everything in the vincinity dies, and run slowly to the end. Hits the tp key and leaves the game. Yes, that'd all be possible with the keyboard, just require some timing testings.
    You wouldn't call that a bot just because it doesn't read memory? Please, don't make me laugh.

Here, a bluepost http://eu.battle.net...c/1302702180#18 saying one action is ok, but any automation is not (3rd paragraph)

Also, great that the "official" mosue has those functions. Probably every new one does so it's not surprising.
    Quote from Shinna1989

And still its bannable and people got banned for it...
    http://us.battle.net...opic/7166796714
    There are plenty of threads on the forums about people got banned for macro stuff or using something like "autohotkey".
    Thanks.
    How much of a killing speed increase is upgrading from a 1.1k dps Skorn to a 1.3k dps skorn?
    Because I don't want to spend too much gold on a minor upgrade. :)
    Thanks for the video and the information, is a fun way to play my newly dinged monk.
    Oh and just found the blue post as well. :P
    It does't matter what device or program is used. If it performs a task that automates portions of the game, it could be in violation of the Terms of Use/End User License Agreement and result in an account closure, if detected. I can not give you permission to use any such device or application. If you choose to use it, you do it at your own risk.
    http://us.battle.net...c/5795159954#11
    Words of wisdom: Don't follow the advice of people who won't have to deal with the consequences.
    Quote from Shinna1989

Oh and just found the blue post as well. :P
    It does't matter what device or program is used. If it performs a task that automates portions of the game, it could be in violation of the Terms of Use/End User License Agreement and result in an account closure, if detected. I can not give you permission to use any such device or application. If you choose to use it, you do it at your own risk.
    http://us.battle.net...c/5795159954#11

Just as everything else there is always a risk.
    grats its beeing fixed in 1.0.7
    Quote from vioche

grats its beeing fixed in 1.0.7

Where was this posted? Just wondering :P
    http://us.battle.net...7#page-comments
    scroll down

You Blizz need to patch SnapShotting on monks, it's really annoying to see a 50m !@#$ty build monk soloing mp10 ubers and earning money for ubers services

@Leogluiz: It's currently on the list for 1.0.7. :)
    Knowing blizzard and their inability to balance, they'll probably remove it as a whole and not just the gear switching part, gimping monks until another patch in the process. >:
    Snapshots are broken for nearly each class and its not only a problem for monks...

- Wiz Stormarmor

Snapshots Lifesteal as well. Not that popular but still the same broken mechanic that allowed some undergeared ppl. using it over energy armor

- DH Shadowpower

Lay down traps while active. SP fell off and you still get healed if the traps got activated by a mob.

Those examples are just not as op as the snapshot gearsets. Im saying this as some1 playing monk as a main for a damn long time. Simple as that: If you dont have the gear for mp8+ then just do a lower mp. Did any wd cried cuz he couldnt do full party mp10 carries on a mid budget? Its basicly the same problem for each class. on a low budget exp farming mp0/1 they are kinda all even. Just barbs are a bit over the avg. On mid budget its just snapshot monks, cm wiz and barbs being able to do mp10 but only snapshot monks could carry full party...On realy high budgets for endgame gear its again kinda even out between all classes again.
    Quote from Shinna1989
    On realy high budgets for endgame gear its again kinda even out between all classes again.
    You sure about that? I admit, I haven't looked intensely into the matter, but from what I've seen, if we're talking about endgame gear, barb pulls way ahead with their hota spec.
    I hope to god they dont fkn nerf the snapshot.That';s all our dmg in high MP.Nerf the freaking Gear swap that's the problem.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes