reurning to diablo need some advice!

Hello. I quit diablo like 1 month after release, now decided to try it out again and i noticed one thing. Most of DHs started ignoring ias and only go for crit and crit dmg, is like ias is crap now or is it just cheaper and faster way to build up dps with crit and crit dmg?
    ias was nerfed. It's still as effective as it used to be, but the amount you can get on your gear is about 50% less. Therefore ias builds have become less valid.
    I hear DH's are stacking life regen now.
    Life regen? :o -No the crit reason is because before you left people didn't have so much gear = not as much crit chance+dmg. To get alot dps out of crit chande+dmg you need alot of both, and that gear wasn't found at that time, cause it needed the 2 stats + dex (vit/all resi) or something like that. Attackspeed gave the same amount of dmg even when you had 30. Now there's crit everywhere on ah and even pretty cheap, so yes. It is a cheaper way to get dmg. And as Veggie50 said they nerfed attackspeed.

-If you're gearing up again i would go for crit dmg on both weps, and then focus mostly on crit chance on items and drop that ss. I know that 1 month after release nearly every DH used SS, but not as much anymore since it's not that expensive to get it on your gear.

Hope this helps (:
    This is what happens when you quit. Next time, don't quit.
    Try hardcore, mucho fun.
    To sum it up DH is not the best class anymore. Barb has been for a while since late June when WW became popular. So much so they hit it with the nerf hammer.

WDs ball is up next.
    ty for replies lads :)
    another matter if some1 would be so kind and let me know where i should start upgrading? and what should i be looking for.
    ty in advance

Here's my profile: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Koshius-2997/hero/20236747
    First you can get an xbow with + crit dmg or socket. Your rings can have crit stats on them and you also need a lot more all resist imo about 300.

Small edit: since you already have quite a lot of crit chance compared to crit dmg. Some + crit dmg will make a big bump in your dps.
    Quote from koshiuz

another matter if some1 would be so kind and let me know where i should start upgrading? and what should i be looking for.
    ty in advance

Here's my profile: http://eu.battle.net...7/hero/20236747

Since patch 1.0.5 is around the corner, you should postpone any serious investments into upgrades after the patch. There will be significant influx of good items due to changes in the loot rolls in that patch, which will deflate the price or provide stronger upgrades than currently available.
    Most importantly, do not upgrade your jewelry (amulet/rings) before 1.0.5 as these pieces of gear will see huge jump in power once the patch is live.
    Easiest and most effective thing to do is to use the damage calculator ASAP. It helps simplify a lot of decision.
    Quote from NothingButSharp

First you can get an xbow with + crit dmg or socket. Your rings can have crit stats on them and you also need a lot more all resist imo about 300.

Small edit: since you already have quite a lot of crit chance compared to crit dmg. Some + crit dmg will make a big bump in your dps.

u need what as DH? Aress? Realy?

Im at 74 to max 130 ares on my DH and im facerolling A3. Nope, im not using ToC.

Well, you can see my build here:

http://eu.battle.net...14/hero/1209941

as DH u need fast fingers, good eyes and some skill to manage.

and in 1.0.5 when they nerf gloom from 65 to 35 i will just use Sentry with 15% dmg reduction (for mp up to ~~8) and passiv with 20% reduction (mp9-10)
    Quote from Silvach

Quote from NothingButSharp

u need what as DH? Aress? Realy?

Im at 74 to max 130 ares on my DH and im facerolling A3. Nope, im not using ToC.

Well, you can see my build here:

http://eu.battle.net...14/hero/1209941

as DH u need fast fingers, good eyes and some skill to manage.

and in 1.0.5 when they nerf gloom from 65 to 35 i will just use Sentry with 15% dmg reduction (for mp up to ~~8) and passiv with 20% reduction (mp9-10)

Personally I recommend a moderate amount of all res. You don't need excessive amount, around 200-300 or so helps out a lot. I prefer not to have to concentrate too much while farming.

Try to think of it in terms of effective health too. Sometimes more armor or more vitailty will increase your survivability more than increase all res. That's why I recommend using the damage calculator.

http://us.battle.net...8/hero/13716946
    Quote from Babel

Easiest and most effective thing to do is to use the damage calculator ASAP. It helps simplify a lot of decision.

Is there a particular calculator you recommend?
    d3up.com, anyday!
    ty for all the awesome feedback. Glad to see we still have some nice ppl left in this community! :)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes