So we don't have any specialized shoulders or bracers for Zuni, I normally just use Aughild's sadly. Are most people using Lakumba's with armor rune on Soul Harvest?
Here are some thoughts I had.
Shoulders - Fetish Army gains the effect of all runes.
- That gives us 5 basic fetishes + 3 more dagger fetishes + 2 fire breathers + 2 dart shooters.
- Also the 90 second cooldown, and cold damage on summon.
- The extra fetishes dont do much for our DPS really, but they do help us with damage mitigation which we need with Zuni (at least I need it). If I am not mistaken, the calculation for Zuni 4 pc damage reduction is (1 - 0.97^x) where x equals number of fetishes. So current max fetish count (15 sycophants + 8 dagger fetish = 23) give us (1 - 0.97^23 = 50.4% dmg reduction. If we were able to get fetish count up to (15 sycophants + 8 dagger + 2 fire breather + 2 dart shooter = 27), would give us (1 - 0.97^27 = 56.1%). Not drastically better, but does help.
- The cooldown to 90s doesnt really do anything since Zuni 2 pc already reduces 80%. I'm not sure if anyone really makes use of that feature currently, except maybe to resummon for better positioning. But if we also had the cold damage on summon rune, it would be more valuable to resummon them more often. And we would be summoning (5 base fetish + 3 extra dagger + 2 fire breather + 2 dart shooters = 12 total), at 680% damage per fetish, which makes it a lot more attractive. As long as that summon damage would receive all the same multipliers as the living fetishes get, including Zuni 6 pc bonus. With Starmetal Kukri you could be resummoning all the time.
- For the above strategy to be useful, we would need to be able to summon at cursor location. I'm not sure but I think right now they summon at player location.
- Also I'm not sure if the Zuni 4 pc damage reduction would "drop" momentarily while we are resummoning though.
Bracers - Gain 1,500 - 2,000 Life every time a pet/fetish deals damage
- Help with survivability.
- If we left it at fetish damage only, then it would be 27 fetishes (assumes shoulders above) x 1.25 fetish attacks per second x [1500 - 2000] = 50,625 - 67,500 life per second. Assuming all fetishes are attacking and not standing around or blocked by environment.
- If we opened it up to all pets then you could have a maximum of [27 fetishes @ 1.25 attacks per second] + [6 dogs @ 1.0 attacks per second] + [3 gargs @ 0.71 attacks per second] = 41.88 total pet attacks per second x [1500 - 2000] = 62,820 - 83,760 Life per second.
- This assumes not using Big Bad Voodoo, which I think does increase pet attack speed, not just damage.
- So the Life per Second for the all pets version is close in range to the Coils of the First Spider healing rate. But I think the Staff of Chiroptera doubles that healing rate since it doubles Firebats attack speed.
What do you guys think? Would the extra Fetish runes and healing from pets be kind of useless for Zuni set?