Hi guys, been seeing a few "gear/tips me" posts and gotta admit, real good stuff there.
Anyway, I have the same problem most of the fellow posters before have as well. I finished inferno ages ago but I can't seem to farm act 3 efficiently no matter how I try.
Being 1 hit was 70% of the problem but anyways.... I desecrate act 2 with ease but act 3 just urgh.
Tried cluster bombs build which was my bread and butter for the longest while. From xbow to dual hand to single hand. CDMG to CC/ASPD dependant. Trails of cinder build with ss. Trails of cinder with multishot disc build.
At the end I still cannot farm efficiently! Any tips on how to improve my game? Thanks a whole lot in advance guys.
While I haven't tried A3 post 1.0.4. My first guess would be your resistances and health are too low. I am able to currently farm A2 with little to no problem in a full MF set and 59k hp. I will try A3 today, but my guess is from my personal pre patch A3 misadventures that you'll need 500+ resistances and/or higher health. You might even be able to get away with just having high HP in A3 with your damage reduction abilities.
At OP, your gear is decent enough for act 3, I would however consider changing either entangling shot or multishot, you lack single target dps, entangling just doesn't cut it imo. I am still a big fan of cinder arrows, and you can swap smokescreen instead of shadow power since the latter is more for tanking than straight kiting.
Personally I would go dw if you use 1h xbow, if you prefer a fast attack speed go with a bow instead, you need a lot of crit dmg to make 1h xbow really effective.
1. You'll want a 2hand crossbow to burst ennemies as hard as you can. I'd go with impale+chemical burn rune, this will be a powerful single target nuke allowing you to oneshot a lot of annoying enemies.And it is a long range ability that reach things off-screen
2. ditch entangling shot, it pairs badly with trail of cinder, demon hunter is perfectly playable without a snare effect in your spell bar, the sooner you have to vault, the sooner they melt on trail of cinder. Get HA with puncturing rune, For solo puncturing is a lot more reliable than devouring, and you got impale for nukes anyway,
3. ditch multishot for Elemental arrow with lightning bolt. Elemental arrow will reach everything offscreen and the effect is pretty wide too because of the arcs.
4. Try to get 24% movement speed, to compensate for the snare loss, it really helps a lot kitting and dodging things. Movement speed is capped at 25% so don't buy too much gear
5. Loh gear really helps, I run with about 800loh, you get 200% loh coefficient on impale with the chemical burn rune, good to recover fast after getting hit by somth.
6. get tactical advantage instead of nightstalker, get at least one piece with max disc.
7. Try to get more vitality. You got a lot of wasted stats in int and str. If your resists are low, get at least a 40k buffer, it really makes a difference.
Edit: oh and SS is better than gloom, at your current gear level.