1) what is the "Stone of Jordan" and where is it found in the game?
2) do the old rune words still work?
i went to the Arreat Summit site and looked up the rune words and also looked in my D2 Ultimate strategy guide by BradyGames and noticed that some of the rune words were missing from my book and some were completely different. the guild has the rune words listed for version 1.07.
3) what gems to use in crafted items?
again as #2 but in my book it says any (insert gem name) but on the website it says to use perfect (insert gem name).
i would like to know what is what so when i do craft & use rune words i won't waiste my items.:(
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
My life is like a dragon, first praised, then hated, now lost.
2) Every runeword from previous patches is still in the game, although I guess they could have been "fixed"/"nerfed" at some point. I have that strategy guide (two, actually- they came with my Battle Chests) and all the runewords in it are on the site. The only difference from a rune standpoint is where they mention that Io can also be Po, which is no longer the case.
And, of course, a lot of runewords have been added since then.
3) No, there are still a lot of gem-focused crafting recipes that require other grades. It appears to have been noted in our wiki here that changes were made to recipes over time, but I've tried all of those recipes in 1.10 and 1.11 and never had any issues (besides the ones incorporating SoJ's- I never thought it was practical to use those for crafting with something so valueless).
Crafted Items went through a variety of changes from Patch 1.08 to Patch 1.09, including changes in recipes. Although no differences have been made from Patch 1.09 to the current Patch 1.12, those few players not updated to the latest patch may find Crafted Item recipes quite different than those listed.
(This article is very incomplete, however, since it doesn't mention any of these crafting recipes- check a few boxes down in the OP under "Cube Recipes".)
not every runeword is still there... many have been removed such as "ith" mostly runewords have been added... a soj is a stone of jordan... plus one to all skills plus 20% mana and like 1-20 lightning damage... and to find crafting check the d2 archives on this site...
Quote from "Shadowdragon85" »
so if i try the version 1.07 Bone rune word (2 socket spear+Lum+Eld) it should work?
Cuz in Version 1.11 Bone Rune Word needs 3 socket body armor+Sol+Um+Um.
no the bone spear will not work... he either misstated or didnt know... old runewords dont work... just look at the runewords for 1.12 to get a complete list... ill give u a link in a sec...