Proposed Endgame, available after reaching level 60:
A Torch-like infinite downward dungeon, which gets progressively harder, AND is Hardcore. When you die, you go back to level 1 of the dungeon.
* Gives you the excitement of Hardcore. Death has real consequences as you lose your progress, but you keep your character.
* You have a reason to gear up so you, because you are always trying to avoid death, and you can't be too geared up for that.
* Difficulty will keep getting harder, so people who beat Diablo on Inferno will still be challenged.
* Levels are VERY random with different beginning and end points.
* Lots of random events splattered throughout.
* Inspired by Diablo's predecessor, Rogue, which you had one life and when you died you go back to level one. That was the top selling Unix game of the time.
Here are some of the details:
* You will need to beat different parts of the game to get access to some of the deeper levels of the dungeon.
* Some arena type battles where waves of Mobs and Elites are released.
* Some monsters immune to certain types of attacks, requires diversification of builds and encourages coop.
Adds Story to the Storyline
* Even with [spoiler] Diablo dying, the hero is required to do house keeping to keep the demon hoardes under control:)
What are your thoughts? They can even sell this as a mini expansion.