Video shows a run with a ZDH, but this is not ideal. Ideal is obviously zwizard (more survivability, more attack speed, etc). But those were the volunteers available at the time. I changed the video out and it now shows what a run with a zwiz can be like. Link to old 95 video: https://youtu.be/yyeHQ_SlIA0
Okay so here's the deal. You can't ignite outside of archon like usual, but you also can't ignite inside of archon. It's a combination of the two.
Here's kind of how it goes:
- Put down Hydra
- Get to 20 chantodo stacks
- (if on first transformation) wait for Fire Cycle (if on second transformation with overlap, pray you have enough CDR to land on another fire cycle with overlap)
- Put down Hydra again right before you go into archon
- Archon! Use your laser on elites, and try to stand in those oculus stacks.
- Sit there and use arcane torrent, try to stand in oculus stacks, and hope that manald goes off. If it does, you're going to do a lot of damage
If you're currently in archon and something new gets found, note that the only way to ignite it is to have your hydra hit it. So ideally your barb keeps dragging over to the same spot. Hydra lasts about 15 seconds, so you only have 5 seconds of downtime during archon where you can't ignite at all. This also goes for RG. If the RG spawns and you're in archon, try to let your group know that it needs to come over and get hit by the hydra. Yes, you're only possibly losing a little bit of time during the archon downtime but if you ignite right before archon goes off, manald can do a HUGE burst while you're waiting for it to come back up, those 16 seconds can be a big deal.
To be completely honest I'm not sure if this build does more damage than standard firebirds group spec, owing to the fact that it's kind of awkward to ignite. But it felt like it was doing way more damage to me. So I'm posting it as an alternative. It's very satisfying to be able to kill both in and out of archon. Note that in a zwiz party you might actually have enough survivability to drop Force Armor and use the third slot for another fire ability so you can ignite on demand. If someone wants to test this, please feel free. Not too many people on NS with a zwizard.