Hey boyz! Season One & Two - Rank 1 monk (world) here!
In my opinion/experience this build is currently one of the strongest possible monk setups for solo competitive greater rift laddering.
Please note: I always keep my diablo fans guides up to date and will be making adjustments to the guide whenever there is a shift in endgame meta! so be sure to check back, and vote on the guide!
To play this build effectively i highly suggest you watch the snapshotting portion of my [Video Guide]. Otherwise if you don't care then just follow the basic game-play strategy below:
Basic game-play strategy:
- Hold down spirit generator to apply EP & maintain focus+restraint
- Use Seven sided strike on cooldown
- Dash to maintain 40% dodge buff (when in combat)
- Use Mantra active to maintain buff (when in combat)
- Use Epiphany on cooldown
- Use the Dash for mobility
- Inner Sanctuary - Forbidden palace (swap out mantra of salvation)
Legendary Gem variations:
- Bane of powerful - Swap out Bane of the stricken for a T10 Farming build.
Hellfire Passive/Passive variations in order of power:
- Guardians Path (best defense vs crazy density)
- Sixth Sense (best defense vs elites)
- Unity (when playing in group, and you don't need the toughness)
- Determination (when you don't need the toughness)
- Momentum (when you don't need the toughness)
When playing in a group:
- If you are playing with another cold EP monk swap Spirit Guards for Madstone
- Helm: Socket>EP Damage>Crit
- Shoulders: CDR
- Torso: x3 Sockets>11% Elite reduction
- Legs: x2 Sockets>LPS
- Gloves: Crit>CDR>CHD
- Rings: Socket>CDR>Crit>CHD
- Waist: 15% Life>LPS
- Wrist: 20% Cold damage>Crit
- Boots: EP Damage>LPS
- Amulet: Socket>20% Cold damage>Crit>ChD
- Weapon: CDR>Vit
you want dex/secondary resist on all your pieces(where possible)
People WITHOUT lions claw:
Do not attempt the build without lions claw (you will do 50% damage)
Q: Whats better BP or COE?
A: They're both theoretically pretty even in power but currently CoE is beating out BP on the leaderboards.
Q: Does CoE or Focus+Restraint snapshot?
A: No, they are both dynamic buffs.
Q: Why am i getting instantly killed gr60+?
A: Make sure your stats look something like this: 1200+ All resistance | 16,000+ Armour | 500,000+ Health.
Q: What gem should i put in my helmet socket?
A: Diamond. CDR = Dmg + Survivability!
Q: What normal gems should i put in my chest/pants?
A: Emeralds (Diamonds if you're HC).
Q: What follower should i use?
A: Templar. Why? Inspire (x1.1 ALL spirit generation).
If you liked the guide, then come follow my stream @ >>> www.twitch.tv/quin69 <<< for more monk action! When i go live, Any questions that you guys have - i can answer for you live on stream! I will also be posting YouTube guides on my twitch channel soon!
Be sure to check back on the guide every now and then! as i am always making minor changes.
Note: I will try answer as many questions as i can! and will read all of your posts, but obviously doing a gear-check for each one of you bros or re-answering the same question over and over will take all day If you want a direct answer come follow the stream <3