[UPDATED] Watch D3's Expansion 'Reaper of Souls' teaser and opening cinematic!

#Hyped

No really, so far it looks good. Paladin was my favorite class (along with Amazon) in D2, glad we can play something similar. Transmogging and be able to reroll stats on items feels good as well. I am somewhat concerned about giving even more power to legendary items, will see how it works out.
    Quote from Seifa

Quote from Bagstone

Quote from Preach

No cap on paragon? So that means infinite paragon levels? Lawl

I'm seriously worried about that. Some people would be paragon 1000 by now, the majority hasn't even reached p100; how are they gonna make sure the game still stays balanced and these 24/7 players don't cause havoc to the system?

I saw there is a limit on how many stats you can allocate on a single attribute, soooo, the cap is when you maxed everything? °°

Oh, I didn't see that! Awesome, amazing! I love caps. Seriously, even in D1 they had (really low) caps on every stat, and it was so great because it wasn't just "more more more" but at some point your 4 main stats were maxed and you could worry about other things. Great. Well, let's just hope they test this out internally for really high stats, because they clearly haven't thought about that some people would reach 600k DPS ;-)
    All my faith is officially gone. The crusader?! c'mon, Paladin is what it is, why try to name it something else when it isnt? Are you trying to get people to believe it's a new class when it's clearly not? Transmogrify?! For the love of everything that is holy, what the hell are you thinking? Are you to lazy to make the gear actually look freakin amazing or what?! Malthael? Yeah.. okay, for whatever reason he betrays his brothers after countless angels being slaughtered by Diablo etc etc, he turns evil all of a sudden when he decides to show up? Just because you didnt have proper storyline to continue the series you just had to pick an angel that is mysteriously gone to become corrupt? Yeah, i'm quitting gaming for sure, this aint what i really expected after all the feedback. We want Diablo, not World of Crapcraft.

I'm so disappointed that i don't know what i'll do. Seeing a legendary game/title become the most legendary epic failure in the entire history of modern gaming.. I'm speechless. GL & HF getting your series to last longer then 1 week, you've already lost a huge majority of your players on WoW & the hardcore people from the old days that actually built the community and the gr8 foundation for the Diablo series and you just decide to rape us entirely? Atleast have the decency to wine and dine us before you fuck us. You can delete this post if you want admins, i don't care. I have to blow some steam somewhere. f***********************
    Quote from Bagstone

the majority hasn't even reached p100

Did blizzard ever release any stats on this. It would be really interesting to see it.
    Quote from Conax

All my faith is officially gone. The crusader?! c'mon, Paladin is what it is, why try to name it something else when it isnt?

Oh, so you already know the lore of the class and it's mechanics beforehand? Awesome, tell us more insider details.

Transmogrify?! For the love of everything that is holy, what the hell are you thinking? Are you to lazy to make the gear actually look freakin amazing or what?!

A lot of people asked for such feature. It's not about making the gear look good, it's about not having faith that gear power can be 100% balanced. If everyone uses the same gear, at least they won't look the same anymore.

Malthael? Yeah.. okay, for whatever reason he betrays his brothers after countless angels being slaughtered by Diablo etc etc, he turns evil all of a sudden when he decides to show up? Just because you didnt have proper storyline to continue the series you just had to pick an angel that is mysteriously gone to become corrupt?

For "whatever reason"? Turns evil "all of a sudden"? Please, go read the actual Diablo lore before pretending you know what you're talking about.

I'm so disappointed that i don't know what i'll do.

Just leave. It will be better for you, honestly. There are a dozen+ awesome gaming franchises out there for all tastes (Titanfall, F1 2013, FIFA, BF4, Thief, Dragon Age, Witcher, Smash Bros, Minecraft, Terraria, CoD:Ghosts, etc). Gaming is about having fun, if you're bored or enraged, you need to find a game/franchise that pleases you.

Seeing a legendary game/title become the most legendary epic failure in the entire history of modern gaming.. I'm speechless. GL & HF getting your series to last longer then 1 week, you've already lost a huge majority of your players on WoW & the hardcore people from the old days that actually built the community and the gr8 foundation for the Diablo series and you just decide to rape us entirely? Atleast have the decency to wine and dine us before you fuck us.

Not sure if... yeah.. nevermind.
    Have not seen anyone adress the fact that blizzard makes it look like loot 2.0 is not coming until expansion. This not a big issue except that ussiallyyear from announcement to launch. Are we stuck with terrible loot for that long?
    Quote from Ashes

Quote from Bagstone

the majority hasn't even reached p100

Did blizzard ever release any stats on this. It would be really interesting to see it.

No, but there was an interesting survey on these forums: http://www.diablofans.com/topic/95881-how-many-paragon-lvl-100s-do-you-have/

And if you consider that the huge majority of people doesn't even visit forums (a couple of thousand people on the forums, but millions playing the game) you can imagine what the real numbers look like. A few months ago you could still count the p100s on diabloprogress (~20k)...
    Some higher quality images:

Quote from Conax

Paladin is what it is, why try to name it something else when it isnt? Are you trying to get people to believe it's a new class when it's clearly not?

I think they want to avoid calling it a Paladin because the series already had a Paladin. If they called it Paladin, they would lock themselves into a certain set of skills (just look at the Barbarian, he very much resembles the hero from D2), and perhaps they want to give him new skills.

Quote from Conax

Transmogrify?! For the love of everything that is holy, what the hell are you thinking? Are you to lazy to make the gear actually look freakin amazing or what?!

I don't think you understand the point of transmogrify.

Quote from Conax

Malthael? Yeah.. okay, for whatever reason he betrays his brothers after countless angels being slaughtered by Diablo etc etc, he turns evil all of a sudden when he decides to show up? Just because you didnt have proper storyline to continue the series you just had to pick an angel that is mysteriously gone to become corrupt?

You don't know why Malthael acts as he does. For all we know he disagrees with Tyraels way of "disposing" of Diablo, and acts to kill Diablo by himself. You have no idea what will happen. Way too early to rage.
    Looks nice. Too bad that they made Jay fall guy by all the cutting and getting stuff back.
    I'd like a Jawbreaker now. That cooldown reduction is so cool.
    sto lavorando
    Quote from phatosen

You don't know why Malthael acts as he does. For all we know he disagrees with Tyraels way of "disposing" of Diablo, and acts to kill Diablo by himself. You have no idea what will happen. Way too early to rage.

I saw some liveblog of the conference say that he's trying to end the Eternal Conflict by destroying all demons.
    Quote from Icesong

Quote from phatosen

I saw some liveblog of the conference say that he's trying to end the Eternal Conflict by destroying all demons.

He's out to reap the souls of the demon lords. I guess it fits the title.
    sto lavorando
    So we have to wait 8-10 months and buy the expansion to get loot 2.0 (which doesn't look that much better-highly inflated stat values and still seeing crit damage affix-better be nerfed) and there's STILL no mention of pvp. Another giant letdown =/ oh yeah. nothing about a self-found mode either.
    Zero(pS): I don't know the lore behind the Crusader, but really, it does not matter. It's a Paladin no matter what they come up with. I saw the hammers, FoH etc. Just.. really you can't deny the fact that it's the same thing. They just want to make it seem fresh.

Malthael was never truely evil from what we know, sure he declined to vote for the fate of Sanctuary but seriously, after that he disappeared, trying to answer some questions about life and death. I have all the lore books at home, i've read them all. Maybe my memory isnt 100% since i ditched most of book of cain's content because Diablo 3 killed my spirit. But why oh why would he come back and want to kill everyone, destroy Sanctuary? Why would he care? If death comes for everyone then he should just sit back, enjoy a drink on some lonely planet, creating things to destroy meanwhile. It's a terrible story, they might've gone with the storyline i suspected they would go for: Cain getting ressed as an Angel of Listening.

Also, Diablo isnt Diablo anymore really. Paladin-ish class, consecration, transmogrify.. Yeah.. I'll leave this alone. Anyway i dont enjoy being disappointed over and over again. Going out for some food, kinda feel grumpy. Sorry for my behaviour:) cu
    @ the lore stuff... Malthael wouldn't be the first "good" turned to be "bad" in the story of Diablo. Neither do we know his reason for going after the soulstone - he doesn't really answer the question in the video (just watched it once, I'm at work).
    Quote from jrsmith1684

So we have to wait 8-10 months and buy the expansion to get loot 2.0 (which doesn't look that much better-highly inflated stat values and still seeing crit damage affix-better be nerfed) and there's STILL no mention of pvp. Another giant letdown =/ oh yeah. nothing about a self-found mode either.

Not necessarily. Expansion will bring Lvl70 items. But that doesn't exclude loot2.0 in D2C, so it could arrive sooner.
    I think overall the changes are nice, the level cap was kind of expected. With loot 2.0 you'd be changing your gear anyway. I highly doubt the difference between level 60 gear to 60-65 will be that drastic as the case with WoW where you would be upgrading your gear for the most part every other level.

The paragon changes are interesting and it seems they've caved in with stat allocation somewhat.

I'd like to see them post some information regarding PVP. Don't get me wrong this game was never a PVP centric game, but after awhile you'll want to be able to flex that epeen somehow in the game or burn time..and world PVP does that.

Storyboard mode. I swear to god they better remove this after you've cleared everything the first time over. The quest based games ruin public games and its utterly pointless.

Overall, I'm still not sure if I'll be buying the expansion, as my distaste for d3 has grown since release and I really don't know if I want to give them anymore of my money right now. I'm almost tempted to log back on and level my barb to p100 (currently at 73..) but I really don't know if I can take the pain.

i WANT D3 to be good, and this expansion gives me hope...but not quite there just yet. Hopefully as more information is released my faith will be restored.
    Tyrael and the horadrims sure put up a good fight against the rogue in t2.
    oh, well...
    "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever." Shigeru Miyamoto-nintendo boss

"I think it's hilarious because gamers won't be getting watered down anything.
    This is flat out Diablo 3." -Anonymous discussing the console version
    At the bottom, next to the Friends button, is that a new chat button? Or is it "players near you"? (never used it so never seen it before)

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes