Interview with Alkaizer

hehe cool stuff
    Quote from ScyberDragon

I liked the interview. It showed that he is just a normal player like the rest of us. Much more appealing than some person who thinks they owned the game and exploited all of its fault and thinks its "too easy".

He just leveled enjoying the game.

Bro how is 14-17 hours a day normal like the rest of us? Kidding me lol.
    I don't mean the amount of hours he put it. Just the fact that he just enjoyed playing the game. He didnt even plan to hit 100 until he was 40.

Find any Diablo news? Contact me or anyone else on the News team  

Quote from ScyberDragon

I don't mean the amount of hours he put it. Just the fact that he just enjoyed playing the game. He didnt even plan to hit 100 until he was 40.

Well obviously he liked the game, he played for that many hours.

Not a normal player by any means.
    Quote from Benegesserit

I was actually not looking forward to it because I felt I was already getting an edge on other players

PvE is not designed to be PvP competitive, but it's hard to explain this to a mouthbreathing no-lifer who put a hobby before a proper education.

What makes you think he isn't a PhD and has a company that pretty much runs itself? Or smart investing? Being very knowledgeable about anything (like in this case for D3) means you're intelligent. If you're intelligent it means you likely use your skills for multiple things successfully.
    Quote from overneathe

What makes you think he isn't a PhD and has a company that pretty much runs itself? Or smart investing? Being very knowledgeable about anything (like in this case for D3) means you're intelligent. If you're intelligent it means you likely use your skills for multiple things successfully.

Tell that to my business! Btw, where's my "THOUSANDS OF ELITES" you promised me? x)

- - -

On-topic: I am honestly impressed with the feat this guy has gained... sure 17-19 hr/day is alot of time that he COULD have spent on doing something else, but how the choice of spending it in a PC game is so frowned upon is beyond me... The way I see it this guy has a bunch of self-discipline and from my own experience, discipline is one of the most important factors getting to a set goal within a reasonable timeframe. At the very least, farming for (on average probably) ~14 hours a day over a longer period is a wholly different level than a mindless grind.

That's just how I view it. Grats to Alkaizer, well done.

edit: Typo
    Although a cool achievement, I would be interested as to what this guy does for a living and how he keeps a roof over his head. That's really what I wanted to know from the interview. It would also be interesting to see if he can fund himself purely via the RMAH. Going to work 5 days a week/boxing/flesh friends and having a girlfriend (read: life) kind of restricts my 18 hour playing sessions.
    I played 19 hours a day of diablo at release =P, i started playing 19 hours a day with paragon came out but i quickly realized that diablo still gets boring after a week
    nice interview
    gz
    Quote from overneathe

Quote from Benegesserit

I was actually not looking forward to it because I felt I was already getting an edge on other players

PvE is not designed to be PvP competitive, but it's hard to explain this to a mouthbreathing no-lifer who put a hobby before a proper education.

He stated he was finally going to college in his stream. I've never heard of anyone smart enough to create a self-running business that happened to also be insanely obsessed with a video game to the point where they lose sleep as well as this "intelligence" also running up against the obscenely moronic comment originally bitching about the paragon system in his interview about "getting an edge against other players" in PvE

Quote from Cyeron

Quote from overneathe

Tell that to my business! Btw, where's my "THOUSANDS OF ELITES" you promised me? x)

- - -

On-topic: I am honestly impressed with the feat this guy has gained... sure 17-19 hr/day is alot of time that he COULD have spent on doing something else, but how the choice of spending it in a PC game is so frowned upon is beyond me... The way I see it this guy has a bunch of self-discipline and from my own experience, discipline is one of the most important factors getting to a set goal within a reasonable timeframe. At the very least, farming for (on average probably) ~14 hours a day over a longer period is a wholly different level than a mindless grind.

That's just how I view it. Grats to Alkaizer, well done.

edit: Typo

discipline is actually the anti-thesis of what he did...he wasn't able to control his obsession with the game...hence no discipline

he was just a notch under those who actually killed themselves playing a game too much
    Quote from Benegesserit

He stated he was finally going to college in his stream. I've never heard of anyone smart enough to create a self-running business that happened to also be insanely obsessed with a video game to the point where they lose sleep as well as this "intelligence" also running up against the obscenely moronic comment originally bitching about the paragon system in his interview about "getting an edge against other players" in PvE

Personal subjective disliking aside - Your point is not valid based on your presumptions of a) Obsession (see lack of actual substance to validate this claim) B) Questioning of Intelligence without any real point to it or substance of reasoning.

I think i could formulate this to "Haters gonna hate".
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CrazyPoochification - Let's Play of Eastern Sun/Other stuff
    Something fishy going on with that, IMHO.
    The first few days I played probably 17-19 hours in game. But eventually I dropped down to probably 12-15 hours. There were a few days where I wasn't even playing for 12-14 hours straight.

C'mon. Really? 19 hours played a day? 12 hours/day? Get a job or something. A life. Anything.

This isn't really something to be celebrated, here.
    Why wouldn't this be celebrated? He's playing the game we're all interested in enough to come and visit a fan site, and he decided to challenge himself with the time he had available, and did it better than anyone else. Just because he chose to spend more time than you do, doesn't mean it's wrong.
    Interesting info.
    All in all, seems he wasn't really trying, for how he says it.
    Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
    I can't believe how many people are shocked about his gameplay... I used to play wow 17-20 hours a day, for months... literally next to no sleep, when I was a non working bum. That's no joke either.

I have 30-48 hour gaming sessions plenty of times with no sleep from 16-19 ... It's not that hard :\

Fair play to the lad, wish I had the time and effort to do it these days.
    Eikcam#2222 - Add me if you need help. Free service when I'm online and not busy.
    Any Inferno MP level.
    Constantly switching between Strafe Runs and Rapid Fire build.
    Low MP fast runs are Strafe Runs, High MP are Life Steal Rapid Fire runs.
    http://eu.battle.net...222/hero/739898
    what a captivating interview...
    Enjoyment levels start to drop after about 4 hours for me with Diablo. When a game is new and I have some spare time, I can go quite a lot longer, but regularly spending 14 hours plus on a game is a bit sad. I love gaming, but when it gets to that level there are definitely more rewarding things to dedicate your time to.

I know people enjoy it, but I don't believe thhey are buzzing after 10 hours, it just becomes mindless and a way of wasting time.

The achievement is impressive none the less.
    he said he had made ~$3,000+ on the RMAH before grinding paragon, and that "that was his limit" when getting items to grind out the levels. How much of that $3k was spent? Dunno! How much time did it take to get that much cash? Dunno!

Of course, this lacking interview doesn't get to the core of what makes him tick.

Average player like the rest of us? Uh... I got one bubble into paragon level 1 and laughed at how ridiculously terrible a concept it was. I could buy/sell items to offset the boredom, but for what when the core experience of the game is boring.

I'm jealous of people who find diablo3 fun. I simply can't.

Also, $3k is potentially a good amount of cash, fine, but the amount of time I'm estimating he had to spend (and cash he's spending staying alive in that time) puts that far below minimum wage to play D3 all the time. As others have said grats if there is actually something pleasurable happening, but I watched the droning monotony of him running the same pattern for hours and hours... yeaaaah
    cant more then say cool stuff.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes