ActivisionBlizzard WebCast Analyst Day

Quote from CherubDown

Rob Pardo completely misspoke I believe. He's in a room full of a lot of people who matter.

Why ? I don't think he misspoke. It makes a lot of sense to discourage them to cash out.
    Quote from Gheed2010

The phrase in question is at 14:04 - thanks for being man enough to document your error, doom, there is hope.

This doesn't make sense. They could very well just put the % fee the moment you sell an item on the RMAH.
    Find any Diablo news? Contact me or anyone else on the news team.
    Quote from ScyberDragon

No, I do believe that Blizzard will be taking a % for cashing out. But this does not matter to me as it will not affect my interaction with the RMAH

If that's the case, it certainly does fucking affect me. If it's true, it would sincerely pisses me off. Taking a percentage of the fee is just about the lamest goddamn thing I've heard, especially since everyone who's been in favor of the RMAH up to this point has been banking on the fact that it would be flat.

NOT OK AT ALL. THIS IS PURE SHIT.

(I guess I'm not done)
    "All generalizations are false, including this one." -Mark Twain
    Quote from Doomscream

Quote from Gheed2010

The phrase in question is at 14:04 - thanks for being man enough to document your error, doom, there is hope.

This doesn't make sense. They could very well just put the % fee the moment you sell an item on the RMAH.

Then it will become a little too much don't you think ? The whole point is that players should choose either Blizzard Store or buy another item from RMAH with the money they earned.
    If you choose to cash out, you won't pay the flat price, but a set % of the sum as it goes to the Third Party Site. So much we pretty much expected before. What's important is the %. If it's around 10% then it shouldn't be an issue. More and it will definitely will. Wait and see. Worst case scenario we stick to the regular "gold" auction house.

Many thanks to Caniroth for the awesome sig!
    Quote from FingolfinGR

If you choose to cash out, you won't pay the flat price, but a set % of the sum as it goes to the Third Party Site. So much we pretty much expected before. What's important is the %. If it's around 10% then it shouldn't be an issue. More and it will definitely will. Wait and see. Worst case scenario we stick to the regular "gold" auction house.

I'm pretty sure that a large amount of players are sticking with gold auction house since August 1st.Now the numbers grow!!
    It's quite amusing. With Diablo II we had the most inconvenient way to trade ever. Diablo III offers us 2 solid, convenient ways (in addition to the one of Diablo II) and yet way more people are complaining!

Blizzard will not take a percentage. There are two fees and both are flat. One for posting, and one for selling. It's all laid out in plane text on the official site:

Official Blizzard Quote:

A nominal fixed transaction fee will be deducted from the seller for each item listed in the auction house. This fee consists of a fixed charge to list the item, which is assessed whether or not the item is successfully sold, and an additional fixed charge that is assessed only if the item is sold. Because the listing portion of the fee is charged even if the item doesn't sell, it will be in the seller's interest to list items he or she believes other players will be interested in, and to do so at a competitive price. Specific details related to the transaction fee for the currency-based auction house will vary by region and will be announced at a later date.

Source: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/services/auction-house/info#q4
    One more time - SELLING AN ITEM (which has a flat fee attached, as does posting it for sale) IS NOT THE SAME AS CASHING OUT.

They want you to keep your 'money' in the system. Or so they say at this point - they may find out that the cashout rake makes more money than the flat posting fee when the rubber hits the road.
    What amuse me is how far Bobby Kotick plan to go, because i'm pretty sure part of this is his fault.

Quote from CherubDown

Blizzard will not take a percentage. There are two fees and both are flat. One for posting, and one for selling. It's all laid out in plane text on the official site:

Official Blizzard Quote:

A nominal fixed transaction fee will be deducted from the seller for each item listed in the auction house. This fee consists of a fixed charge to list the item, which is assessed whether or not the item is successfully sold, and an additional fixed charge that is assessed only if the item is sold. Because the listing portion of the fee is charged even if the item doesn't sell, it will be in the seller's interest to list items he or she believes other players will be interested in, and to do so at a competitive price. Specific details related to the transaction fee for the currency-based auction house will vary by region and will be announced at a later date.

Your missnig the key in here, thats for listing and selling, NOT for cashing out.
    There will be a % for chashing out... if thats from blizzard, or from the third party, it does not matter, but there will be.
    Quote from CherubDown

Official Blizzard Quote:

What you're saying is about selling for e-currency.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/services/auction-house/info#q7

That's for the cash-out option. And it pretty much says we'll be learning more later. Which is now.

Quote from Deventh

Quote from Doomscream

Quote from Gheed2010

Then it will become a little too much don't you think ? The whole point is that players should choose either Blizzard Store or buy another item from RMAH with the money they earned.

I get that they wants us to interest us in someway to keep the money into the virtual account instead of cashing out.

But if they take a % from cashing out, than it goes against what they've said earlier - that flat feels are to keep Blizz's hands clean if someone posts(and sells) items for crazy amounts of money, they won't encourage it for their own profit, it's all in the players hands; that any future changes on an item's stats will affect the economy.
    Find any Diablo news? Contact me or anyone else on the news team.
    Cherub, listen to 14:04 in doom's video. Reread my post immediately above. Do it a few times if it helps.

"than it goes against what they've said earlier"

Congrats, doom, you're starting to see the bigger picture. Run with it.
    Bah deleting my post ain't cool..whoever did it.
    Quote from Doomscream

Quote from Deventh

Quote from Doomscream

Quote from Gheed2010

I get that they wants us to interest us in someway to keep the money into the virtual account instead of cashing out.

But if they take a % from cashing out, than it goes against what they've said earlier - that flat feels are to keep Blizz's hands clean if someone posts(and sells) items for crazy amounts of money, they won't encourage it for their own profit, it's all in the players hands; that any future changes on an item's stats will affect the economy.

YES! And FURTHERMORE (forgive me if I sound like I'm yelling because I'm madder than hell!!), Jay Wilson said specifically that they're not going to benefit from sales. If they take that back after 2 weeks, what kind of faith can we have in Blizzard?
    Quote from Deventh

Guilty. But it wasn't really contributing to the conversation, so it was fully justified if you think of it.

Yeah doom is right, by taking a % for cashing out they are going against what was said earlier that no matter how much an item sold for it wouldn't affect them.
    Also, I'm not sure if they said it explicitly, but I think most players until today (myself included) were under the impression that the cash out fee like the other ones will be a fixed flat fee. I wonder if there is an interview somewhere in which they said it or it just seemed reasonable until now by what they said.
    Quote from FingolfinGR

Quote from Deventh

Guilty. But it wasn't really contributing to the conversation, so it was fully justified if you think of it.

Yeah sure no problem, but at least admit that he is The Devil when it comes to money.
    Quote from CherubDown

If they take that back after 2 weeks, what kind of faith can we have in Blizzard?

Funny, the apologists are always so quick with the "Hur-Dur they're a business" line.

I guess Rob gave us the addendum to that one today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes