Gamescom Event

Before Blizzcon hits us in October, one final gaming event that may have some information regarding Diablo III will be Gamescom in Cologne, Germany. Originally, Blizzard had not mentioned any addition of Diablo at this event but this was later changed when we found out that event-goers would be able to play the Blizzcon 2010 demo there. Today, Blizzard added a full schedule of their activities while at Gamescom.

Official Blizzard Quote:

Diablo Performance and Interview with Diablo III Development Team
    Date:Saturday, 12:00
    Description: After a dance macabre from the demonic hordes, Jay Wilson and Josh Mosqueira will be on the Blizzard booth for an interview about the upcoming title Diablo III.
    An interesting point to note is that the activity includes a "performance" while the WoW and SC2 activities only include an interview. What exactly this performance is remains unknown but hopefully we will be getting a little more attention than the other two franchises.

If you take a look at the activities page, there is also a disclaimer at the bottom of the page. While the message is less than exciting, it should help avoid any possible expectations of what fans might expect during the event.

Official Blizzard Quote:

As a side note, any rumors you may have heard about a gate to Diablo’s Burning Hells opening in Cologne are completely unfounded. Seriously, nothing is happening at Rudolfplatz from the evening of August 16 — especially nothing to do with demonic invasions.
    Just in case this is not clear enough, a user on Battle.net asked if this was code for something that might be happening. To which, Kaivax responded:

Official Blizzard Quote:

I think "nothing is happening" is pretty clear.

How much more clear must the message be?

Although it is unlikely that anything major like a beta announcement will occur during Gamescom, there will certainly be some information shared during the Diablo III activity. We here at DiabloFans.com will be giving you full coverage of the event and we even have a correspondent who will be there to give us any news concerning Diablo III.

A special thanks to Doomscream for sharing the schedule

Find any Diablo news? Contact me or anyone else on the News team  

I think they'll elaborate more on Inferno.
    I don't know why, but performance sounds as if they have something artistic planned. Perhaps the girl who made the monk costume at last year blizzcon will show some new outfits at Gamescom?:)

I think I've read somewhere that Blizzard was planning to utilize her talent, but I cannot say it for certain:) Anyway, I'd be cool if Blizzard guys actually decided for something like that.

As for the beta - Jay is there and Blizzard starts to tease us. I thnik that hope baloons will start floating extremely high soon and like so many times before, some people will end up being severely disappointed.

I don't think we'll hear anything about the beta. There's one good reason - Gamescom is in Germany, beta is meant to start earlier in the US. It'd be kinda weird to announce US beta start in Europe.
    "What is dead, should stay dead"
    If nothing is to happen why mentioning the exact time and place ?

Way too fishy imho ;)

(and yes i'm readying myself to get disappointed ^^ )
    The Voodoo Koala
    Wewet!!! Nothing exciting at Gamescon!! :)
    www.myspace.com/mpotatoes for all your Trans Siberian Orchestra listening pleasure
    If you want to arrange it
    This world you can change it
    If we could somehow make this
    Christmas thing last

By helping a neighbor
    Or even a stranger
    And to know who needs help
    You need only just ask

Will be cool with new info anyway, I hope we'll see more gameplay and perhaps show the skill system a bit more

For you with access to playstation network they will be streaming the entire event live in "Playstation Home"

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2011/08/11/sony-will-stream-gamescom-presentation-in-home/
    yeah, we will definitely be getting "news". It just might not be the "news" we are all waiting for.

Find any Diablo news? Contact me or anyone else on the News team  

more gameplay videos and in-depth info on runes and gear would be nice, but that might be hopping for to much.
    I hope they reveal something at least modestly exciting.
    I AIN'T HAD NO SHOES OR NOTHIN' JESUS.

Seems a bit odd that the say a date that is a day or two before gamescom starts
    Yea, I can't see any logical reason behind specifically stating that nothings going to happen at this place on this day. While I hope its something with the beta I think it will just be some new info.
    well, guess i'll be goin on saturday then. can't wait to see jw and what he's showing us (even it will be old news)
    I think the rumor has to do with the Diablo "performance". Whatever that is.
    Maybe the "performance" will be about the new changes and announcements added to the game since people there will be playing Blizzcon 2010 demo there and may get confused.
    Also I expect they will try to explain even more about AH since it's a controversial issue.

No beta release but that will start soon after the event so they'll be able to announce a 2011 release date at Blizzcon 2011.

ahhhh.....whishful thinking....... :beg:
    I'm going there... ;) Only few days left! :D
    nothing to see here, beta announced in september, we might catch 30th for launch if lucky.
    Guys 1 question.

Will we be able to play D3 at Gamescom ?? As Im so confused right now <_
    !! Die Maggot !!
    Quote from KrAzy KrAsz

Guys 1 question.

Will we be able to play D3 at Gamescom ?? As Im so confused right now <_

Quote from ScyberDragon

Originally, Blizzard had not mentioned any addition of Diablo at this event but this was later changed when we found out that event-goers would be able to play the Blizzcon 2010 demo there
    My bad !! I was just to blind to see it (hey its morning here and coffee didn’t kicked in yet :xD: )

Anywhoooo THX for clarification !!! :lol:
    !! Die Maggot !!
    Personally I'm not expecting the "performance" to be anything else than having a demo available for play. And I don't think they'd tell us any NEW news at all, maybe a quick update about runes but that's it. I've got a tiny bit of hope for a positive surprise, though.
    walk softly, and carry a big gun
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes