DiabloFans Presents the Male Demon Hunter

Quote from Leeodin

This is why I should not sleep... Sleep and I miss things.

Fantastic interview thanks DF. Nice to see the M DH in all his glory; I can taste that beta now... it's yummy! like chips!

Sleep leads to bad things!

On a more general note:

I think the 13 screenshots we got from Blizzard (3 of them -- the ones seen alongside the interview text -- are only on DiabloFans) showcase the Male DH really well ;). I think the design fits awesomely with the female counterpart.
    Mmmm i think the art developers made a mistake in the design of the male DH. I know it's minor, but if u look carefully one the first pic u'll see that the shoulder/arm extra armor is in the left side and when we see his back it goes to his right :/
    Quote from agriosgeorge

Mmmm i think the art developers made a mistake in the design of the male DH. I know it's minor, but if u look carefully one the first pic u'll see that the shoulder/arm extra armor is in the left side and when we see his back it goes to his right :/

You're right actually :P. I think they used the front as a base to create the back view. I don't think it's a big problem, because the same mistake would be rather hard to repeat in 3D without dividing by zero and creating a black hole.

Quote from Doomscream

Great interview, even although most stuff have been said at BlizzCon and in a number of other interviews, I am glad that we got something new. Also Blizzard like to save most of the big announcements for bigger forums (read conventions).

They didn't want to tell us more about any skills still in development besides the Sentry they told us about already.

And I don't think "most" of the stuff was known yet, though. Some parts, yes, but they answered the questions as they best saw fit themselves.
    Like the story stuff :>

Maybe iam gonna try DH as 2nd/3rd character after witch doctor (and monk)
    "There's always another choice."
    What a great interview :D

Thanks to everyone that made this possible for us to enjoy.

Quote from Leeodin

I can taste that beta now... it's yummy! like chips!

Yeah good remark.
    What are you waiting for Blizzard? Classes are revealed, rune and skill system,...

But I am a little bit sceptical regarding the beta start. If we are assuming beta will last ~6 month. Why should they start the beta several month before blizzcon? I guess they will start the beta so that the Blizzcon will cross the beta when half period is past. So they can reveal some interesting stuff at Blizzcon. For me it wouldn't make sense to finish the beta before Blizzcon so they just have to shout out: "in 2 weeks it will shipped to the stores".
    Great interview, even although most stuff have been said at BlizzCon and in a number of other interviews, I am glad that we got something new. Also Blizzard like to save most of the big announcements for bigger forums (read conventions).

I was really intrigued by the scarce info concerning the resouce.As most of you have thought - the resource pool will be split in two - Hatred and Discipline. Some skills will require Hatred, others Discipline. Simple as that. One can be always full and the other needs to be filled up. Just a speculation here, but this can really prove to be a nice mechanic.

There's something else that got me excited:

http://www.gamestar.de/specials/spiele/2321087/diablo_3.html

GameStar Will the demon hunter always look like on the concept art or is there class-specific pieces of armor that look that … spiky?

Christian Leitner There is armor that looks like that. We have gone to extreme lengths to ensure one thing: What armor looks like in the backpack is what it looks like on the body. So what you see is what you get. In addition, we have class-specific items for all of our classes. For example, the demon hunter is the only class that can use crossbow pistols. But the difference will also be represented in the look, so when playing co-op you can easily tell who’s who.

GameStar Will every unique item get its own model?

Christian Leitner Yes, there will be legendary items that have unique art. Of course, those things are pretty rare, so it will be pretty hard to find them.

Terrific!
    Find any Diablo news? Contact me or anyone else on the news team.
    k thats it blizzard i am dissapoint !!!
    how the hell is that shoulder armour on the same right side nomatter if you look at the DH from behind or front .
    he looks great but still that major glitch .... i am verry concerened about the progression of the game .
    sorry for my bad english if it is the case !
    Quote from Noa

how the hell is that shoulder armour on the same right side nomatter if you look at the DH from behind or front .
    he looks great but still that major glitch .... i am verry concerened about the progression of the game .

Some reason to be disappointed...
    "We've been working with Blizzard recently to make this announcement as epic as it should be."
    imo making this interview in a video format with some exclusive in-game motion footage would be as epic as it should be, but i guess this will do just fine ;)

Quote from Noa

looool. because their artist are too lazy to make 2 separate sketches, they instead made the front and just erased the head and draw another head facing the other way plus some other small details. ;)
    I really like interviews as we get closer to beta/release - the dev's start to sound more genuine imo and they do less of the *when-it's-ready* stuff.

I think we may see beta sometime around Summer-Blizzcon.

I think the info is going to start flowing far more now. I mean they even gave us some unseen examples of Runes on twitter - that would have never happened a few months a go.

You just lost

THE GAME!!!
    cool!!!im long for it
    Really great interview but... Can anybody tell me where exactly is the Demon hunter clearly visible?
    i want to see DH's vidio...
    Quote from Takis2

Really great interview but... Can anybody tell me where exactly is the Demon hunter clearly visible?

The official D3 page is yet to be updated. You might want to check it when it is.
    im trying to do a nice piece of fan art to celebrate my decided class. please share if you can. here is an example artists.deviantart.com/favourites/?set=38538551&offset=456#/d2p8zn6
    I think he looks awesome, even though I prefer 'good' characters like the Monk (or Amazon).

I bet the resource system will be something like this:
    laying traps and gadgets will boost your resource in some way, like increasing the energy regeneration speed, so you're soft-handedly pushed into alternating ranged abilities with gadgets.
    Quote from f1reburn

I think he looks awesome, even though I prefer 'good' characters like the Monk (or Amazon).

I bet the resource system will be something like this:
    laying traps and gadgets will boost your resource in some way, like increasing the energy regeneration speed, so you're soft-handedly pushed into alternating ranged abilities with gadgets.

I suggest for those that are intersted in discussing the resouce system, you should check the dedicated thread.
    As for further Minion/Companion suggestion head to this thread
    Awsome! finally:D looks very deadly and awsome. Blizzard knows their shit! one step closer to getting the game released! ^^
    YES YES YES

Exactly how i pictured him in every single way!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes